ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2178 of 3903
« First < 1178167820782128216821742175217621772178 217921802181218221882228227826783178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 10:31 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It's been posted several times. Go play your games with someone else.
What you posted several times (for whatever reason) doesn't say that masks only work in one direction. It mentions that masks don't prevent droplets getting in your eyes (mind-blowing) and that loose fitting masks aren't as effective (also wow).
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:33 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
If by troll you mean an average American that doesn’t have a medical degree or read scientific research papers for fun than I’m happy to admit that I’m definitely a troll.

I was just trying to find out the earliest you would feel comfortable yourself taking a vaccine. I still don’t really know, which is why I feel like you answered like a politician. Your input would have been very valuable to my thought process when the vaccine becomes available. Luckily I work with hundreds of other pharmacists that are just as smart but somehow polite and helpful too. I’ll just keep using them for their input and sharing what they told me so that people hopefully don’t rush into an unsafe vaccine
For the third time: if it is an inactivated virus, once the RCT data is in.

Next time I'll try a crayon font.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:33 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Kidd Lex:
I looked through a bit of your post history, it screams insecurity and mouth vomit. Find some data to support your positions instead of claiming “Mark Cubans a pussy” or whatever emotional rant you’re on about.

What we do know about Florida is they fired a data analyst the day after she sent a whistleblower email regarding how they wanted her to display data to help drum up support for a successful reopening. Why she was fired for certain probably can’t be determined, but it throws some smoke on Florida and their transparency of data.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...rebekah-jones/

“Emails obtained by the Tampa Bay Times show that one day before she lost her position keeping up coronavirus data, Jones objected to a removal of records showing people had positive tests or symptoms before cases were announced.”
:-)

Yea I’m so insecure that I have no problem admitting that I know very little about this subject and defer to the experts for the most part.

That doesn’t mean I can’t clearly see the moving of the goalposts in regards to Florida. Nobody said there wouldn’t be an increase in cases/hospitalizations. I’m talking about the doom and gloom reports 8 weeks ago that said “just wait 2 weeks”. Things haven’t gotten out of hand (hospitals aren’t even close to being overrun). Acknowledge that or shut the fuck up “bitch ass hoe”.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:33 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
What you posted several times (for whatever reason) doesn't say that masks only work in one direction. It mentions that masks don't prevent droplets getting in your eyes (mind-blowing) and that loose fitting masks aren't as effective (also wow).
Yeah, WTF would a bunch of medial experts and doctors know that you don't, right? :-)

****ing idiot.

When every medical expert under the sun, including those I know personally tell me that wearing masks don't do shit to keep you from getting this I am just going to tell them that Donger says otherwise and he knows things.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 10:38 AM 05-22-2020
Never mind her criminal history ......
Pete I’m not saying she shouldnt have been fired (although past criminal history isn’t the point). I have no clue, and neither do you. I do know she sent a whistleblower email and was termed the next day. I work in corporate America, the kind of email she sent in my world would be grounds for an investigation first to determine merit, and if she was in the verge of being fired suspended while we clear up the allegations. I don’t know the truth, but it does cloud things data related until the allegations are transparently investigated and determined to be false which they may be.
[Reply]
Donger 10:39 AM 05-22-2020
Yeah, WTF would a bunch of medial experts and doctors know that you don't, right? :-)

****ing idiot.

When every medical expert under the sun, including those I know personally tell me that wearing masks don't do shit to keep you from getting this I am just going to tell them that Donger says otherwise and he knows things.
Tell you what, pete: Go ask those experts to explain how masks only prevent droplet spread in one direction and let us know the response, okay?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:40 AM 05-22-2020
Pete I’m not saying she shouldnt have been fired (although past criminal history isn’t the point). I have no clue, and neither do you. I do know she sent a whistleblower email and was termed the next day. I work in corporate America, the kind of email she sent in my world would be grounds for an investigation first to determine merit, and if she was in the verge of being fired suspended while we clear up the allegations. I don’t know the truth, but it does cloud things data related until the allegations are transparently investigated and determined to be false which they may be.
Yeah, exactly. So just stop right there and :-) about it because you don't know. What you think you know is what the media wants you to think you know. Thus their deliberate efforts to keep her criminal background largely undiscussed. So just stop.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 10:40 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

Yea I’m so insecure that I have no problem admitting that I know very little about this subject and defer to the experts for the most part.

That doesn’t mean I can’t clearly see the moving of the goalposts in regards to Florida. Nobody said there wouldn’t be an increase in cases/hospitalizations. I’m talking about the doom and gloom reports 8 weeks ago that said “just wait 2 weeks”. Things haven’t gotten out of hand (hospitals aren’t even close to being overrun). Acknowledge that or shut the **** up “bitch ass hoe”.
I acknowledge that you know very little about this subject
[Reply]
petegz28 10:40 AM 05-22-2020
Tell you what, pete: Go ask those experts to explain how masks only prevent droplet spread in one direction and let us know the response, okay?
No, Donger, why don't you go tell all these people with all this medical training and knowledge that they are wrong? Tell them masks prevent you from GETTING this. Then ask them why that isn't stated anywhere? Let me know how it goes.

In fact, ask them why they are so deliberate in saying masks prevent you from spreading and not getting?
[Reply]
Donger 10:42 AM 05-22-2020
No, Donger, why don't you go tell all these people with all this medical training and knowledge that they are wrong? Let me know how it goes.
I haven't seen a single medical expert (or anyone with a smidgen of common sense) claim that masks stop droplet spread only in one direction. Have you?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:45 AM 05-22-2020
I haven't seen a single medical expert (or anyone with a smidgen of common sense) claim that masks stop droplet spread only in one direction. Have you?
Yeah, back to your pedantic bullshit. So show us all where they say masks prevent you from getting Covid. It should be rather easy for you. Cause I haven't seen a single medical expert say it does. In fact I have seen tons stress just the opposite.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:46 AM 05-22-2020

Originally Posted by :
Linsey Marr, an expert in airborne disease transmission at Virginia Tech, told PolitiFact that masks provide some protection but the amount can vary widely depending on the type and how it's worn. Masks reduce the amount of virus spread and also the amount one might inhale, she said.

It’s not true, she said, that cloth masks provide 0 percent protection.

“There have been measurements showing that homemade mask materials offer up to 80 percent protection,” Marr said, “which is much better than 0 percent, although not as good as an N95. Still, reducing the amount of virus that we inhale by 80 percent is better than nothing.”

[Reply]
staylor26 10:47 AM 05-22-2020
I acknowledge that you know very little about this subject
Lol excellent rebuttal.

Between that and “bitch ass hoe” you are clearly a smart dude that I should take seriously.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:48 AM 05-22-2020
Yeah, back to your pedantic bullshit. So show us all where they say masks prevent you from getting Covid. It should be rather easy for you. Cause I haven't seen a single medical expert say it does. In fact I have seen tons stress just the opposite.
Still bitching about the masks? You're such a crybaby. Either wear it or don't. Your choice
[Reply]
petegz28 10:49 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Still bitching about the masks? You're such a crybaby. Either wear it or don't. Your choice
go pump yourself
[Reply]
Page 2178 of 3903
« First < 1178167820782128216821742175217621772178 217921802181218221882228227826783178 > Last »
Up