ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1003 of 3903
« First < 35039039539939991000100110021003 100410051006100710131053110315032003 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:56 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
If a preacher can be arrested for having church, charged with a misdemeaner, why isn't that just as illegal?
Because there isn’t a shutdown order preventing people from touching things. For fucks sake, everyone in that store is touching the handle on the shopping cart, the door handle to get in if they aren’t automatic, and every item they touch to put in their basket was touched by at least one person before they touched it.
[Reply]
TLO 06:57 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
What's the theory on this?
If anyone cares to chime in I'd be interested to hear.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:58 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Because there isn’t a shutdown order preventing people from touching things. For ****s sake, everyone in that store is touching the handle on the shopping cart, the door handle to get in if they aren’t automatic, and every item they touch to put in their basket was touched by at least one person before they touched it.
Yeah but they aren't going around and touching every single computer they see like an idiot which is at minimum spreading fear.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:58 PM 04-01-2020
What law is she breaking? Is it stupid? Yes, but **** off with the arrested and prosecuted bullshit.
It's already happened.

Originally Posted by :
A 26-year-old Missouri man who authorities say was seen in a social media video licking items at a Walmart to mock fears of the coronavirus pandemic was arrested and charged with making a terrorist threat.

Cody Lee Pfister posted a video of himself licking deodorants at the Warrenton store on March 11, according to court documents. As he wiped his tongue across the packages, he asked, "Who's scared of coronavirus?" according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Pfister was arrested Monday.

The Warrenton Police Department said in a Facebook post that it received calls from local residents, as well as people overseas in the Netherlands, Ireland and the United Kingdom, to report the video.

"We take this incident very seriously, especially with this infectious disease and the state that the country is in," Lt. Justin Unger told NBC News. "We take these things seriously to protect our community.”

A criminal complaint states that Pfister "knowingly caused a false belief or fear that a condition involving danger to life existed" by posting the video online. He appeared in court Wednesday and is due back in May.
Originally Posted by :
NEPTUNE, N.J. – A man is facing charges after coughing on a Wegmans employee in New Jersey and claiming he had the coronavirus, authorities said.

George Falcone, 50, of Freehold Township, was charged with making terroristic threats, harassment and obstruction after officials said he refused to identify himself or provide identification to township police for more than 40 minutes, according to a news release from the state Attorney General's Office.

Gov. Phil Murphy, who mentioned the incident at a news conference Tuesday, said police responded to a call after a man was in a confrontation with a female employee of the supermarket chain and then "coughed on the woman and told her after doing so that he had the coronavirus."

[Reply]
petegz28 06:58 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
So now can we put away the doubts that 1k per day is a reality? Can we also state that 20k deaths in the US sometime in April is a possibility?

10 days ago people were saying this was not gonna happen and mocking the math.

It sucks but the next 14 days are going to be brutal. Hopefully the curve flattens faster and social distancing (the 60-70% of the population that is doing it) works.
Hold on just a sec. First off, anything is possible. Secondly the call of 1,000 deaths in a day was supposed to happen over 4 - 5 days ago. There is something to be said that it took longer to get there than what people were saying.

Yes, the next 14 are going to be not fun. But I think we need to focus across the entire country and not let NY be the indicator of what is or will be for everyone else.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:59 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
She's putting others at risk intentionally. Even if she thinks she doesn't have it and she could have it and not even know it.

What if someone dies or spreads the virus to others due to her actions? Bet if it was you or one of your family members you wouldn't be saying the bullshit you just posted.
So would it have been OK if she just touched one laptop she was interested in buying? What if someone was infected by it?

Everyone needs to calm the fuck down. Protect yourself as much as possible and come to grips with the fact that you are probably going to come in contact with several people who are infected.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:01 PM 04-01-2020
So would it have been OK if she just touched one laptop she was interested in buying? What if someone was infected by it?

Everyone needs to calm the **** down. Protect yourself as much as possible and come to grips with the fact that you are probably going to come in contact with several people who are infected.
If you can't figure out the difference between her touching one laptop she was interested in and what she did then I don't know what to tell you.

No one is panicking over this I'm just saying what she did is stupid and unnecessary. She clearly thinks this is a game and it isn't.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:02 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
What's the theory on this?
That is a scary situation but in the bigger picture is it any different than any other medical condition? Why did you have an aneurysm and survive but someone who had the same kind died? Why is it you had a heart attack with worse blockage and live but someone in much better health dropped dead? Why did you survive a stroke and someone else didn't? Why did your progressive cancer respond to treatment but someone else's not-so-progressive cancer kill them in a 3 weeks?

I just think that while it is something we want to understand we can ask that same question in just about every scenario when it comes to things like that.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:02 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
It's already happened.
Dumb as hell.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:03 PM 04-01-2020

Everyone needs to calm the **** down. Protect yourself as much as possible and come to grips with the fact that you are probably going to come in contact with several people who are infected.
Dude she was clearly touching them all for a specific reason and it wasn't to try them out. I understand what you're saying but right now it's not cool what she did.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:05 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
If you can't figure out the difference between her touching one laptop she was interested in and what she did then I don't know what to tell you.
Listen, you dumb fuck, I already said it was stupid. It’s not against the law is what I said. If you’re such a scared pussy, lock yourself in your house and we’ll see you in a few months.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:05 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dude she was clearly touching them all for a specific reason and it wasn't to try them out. I understand what you're saying but right now it's not cool what she did.
It was stupid, which I already stated, but it’s not illegal.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:06 PM 04-01-2020
Listen, you dumb ****, I already said it was stupid. It’s not against the law is what I said. If you’re such a scared pussy, lock yourself in your house and we’ll see you in a few months.
**** you bitch. Let her come into your Mom's house where you live in the basement and touch everything there if you think you are so tough watching the video on a computer.. Dumbass.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:07 PM 04-01-2020
It was stupid, which I already stated, but it’s not illegal.
Under the circumstances it could be. It all comes down to why she was doing it. Outside of being diagnosed with OCD what she was doing is illegal. It would be the same as screaming fire in a theater or bomb on a plane.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:07 PM 04-01-2020
Here's some hope. A possible treatment that attacks the virus is going to US military trials.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/01/doctor...onavirus-cure/
[Reply]
Page 1003 of 3903
« First < 35039039539939991000100110021003 100410051006100710131053110315032003 > Last »
Up