ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 57
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

Easy 6 05:53 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
He reminds me of Donald Trump when he does crazy things and they end up working out.
:-) we all better stop before we catch a good banning
Frazod 05:53 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Jesus you're an idiot. Do you think they'd be refusing to visit Mitt Romney? Did they refuse to visit Bush? Hmmmmm.... what could be different this time?
Hmm, maybe eight years of the most divisive turd to ever soil the office between Bush and Trump might have something to with it. :-)
LiveSteam 05:54 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I decided your next post was even stupider - so I edited mine to quote that instead.
Sieg heil
penchief 05:55 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Always love it when mindless drones talk about anybody else being blind to things. :-)
You are proving DaFace's point. The only mindless drone I see in this thread is the political zombie who thinks life is divided into two adversarial groups, those who agree with your political ideology and those who deserve your hatred.
Frazod 05:57 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by penchief:
You are proving DaFace's point. The only mindless drone I see in this thread is the political zombie who thinks life is divided into two adversarial groups, those who agree with your political ideology and those who deserve your hatred.
:-)
Naptown Chief 05:58 PM 07-18-2019
This is fun!
Frazod 05:59 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
This is fun!
Come on over to DC, every goddamn thread is just like it. :-)
alpha_omega 06:19 PM 07-18-2019
This should be common sense.

Don’t remember how long ago it’s been, but i do remember when it was all in the Lounge. This setup is much better.

Again, common sense.
GloryDayz 06:44 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's probably somewhat unavoidable in some cases, so there's unfortunately a lot of grey area. I might suggest the following as an example:

Brook Pryor's actions suggest that she's acting as a SJW. (Factual, and hard to deny given the evidence, so likely fine in the Lounge within reason.)

SJW's and the media are ruining the country. (Blanket statements about a broad group of people. Opinion-based. Likely not appropriate for the Lounge.)
I'd report you to you but you're too cool for such things...
GloryDayz 06:44 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I'd report you to you, but you're too cool for such things...

FringeNC 06:48 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

Did you CC Brooke Pryor? Personally I’d like nothing more than wall of sports from politics but the left refuses to do that.
BWillie 06:52 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
How ****ing hard can it be to just not talk politics in the lounge?
I don't understand why people WANT to talk about politics, at all. Every four years is good enough for me.
tyecopeland 06:55 PM 07-18-2019
Well this thread bump worked out wonderfully.
Mr. Kotter 07:23 PM 07-18-2019
Thanks again, DaFace! :-)

And whoever bumped this...
GloryDayz 07:27 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
Thanks again, DaFace! :-)

And whoever bumped this...
^^^ To stupid to tell time ^^^
Page 11 of 57
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up