A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:15 PM 11-24-2020
Interesting article

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/movin...e_article_view
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:17 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Done. thanks. Looks like it closed at 11.18 on 09/28/ That gives it 12.70% for the time frame

The list now consists of:

NIO 140%
XPEV 120%
LI 94%
BYDDF 72% Berkshire Hathway has a big stake in this one
FSR 22%
DRIV 21%
Kars 21%
GP 12%
TSLA -3.25%
WKHS -29%
HYLN -51%
Most of these EV's correcting today.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:28 PM 11-24-2020
If you own Pfizer stock, you just received shares of "another" company. VTRS. Shares hit my account today.

Originally Posted by :
Pfizer's (NYSE:PFE) long-awaited deal is finally done. Last week, the big drugmaker completed its merger of Upjohn with Mylan. The transaction created a new entity, Viatris (NASDAQ:VTRS), that's a leader in branded and generic drugs and biosimilars.

If you owned Pfizer shares prior to the close of the deal, you now also own roughly 0.124079 shares of Viatris for every one share of Pfizer common stock held. Should Pfizer shareholders sell their Viatris stock? Or does holding make more sense for now?
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...-viatris-stoc/
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:42 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Most of these EV's correcting today.
Kinda got what looks like the best EV stocks for the long haul narrowed down to

TSLA
NIO
SBE

With a close watch on XPEV and LI
[Reply]
MGRS13 11:04 PM 11-24-2020
Pltr
[Reply]
lewdog 07:44 AM 11-25-2020
I'm starting to realize PE ratio is pretty damn worthless. There's too many good growth companies who's PE ratio looks terrible but with continued growth will "grow" into a better PE number. I think the key on some of these fast running stocks is to know when to get out, using stop loss orders to lock in gains rather than just being stubborn and holding long term.

There's still plenty of risk involved, but so it buying a low PE stock thinking it's undervalued, when in fact it's simply growing poorly and is now stagnant.
[Reply]
wheeler08 07:59 AM 11-25-2020
New to the thread. Need to start keeping up with it. I got in on AMD back when it was like $5 a share. Cashed that out to help furnish new house. Got back in a year ago with AMD.
It’s the only individual stock I own. Rest are either mutual funds or ETFs, like JETS
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:41 AM 11-25-2020
we need another strongside play
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:05 AM 11-25-2020
I have begun investing in some stocks although most of my investment is in an S&P ETF that has performed very well (+30%) since I bought it in March. I'm looking to possibly buy some individual stocks. Any ideas for books and/or podcasts regarding investing to read/listen to?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:06 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I have begun investing in some stocks although most of my investment is in an S&P ETF that has performed very well (+30%) since I bought it in March. I'm looking to possibly buy some individual stocks. Any ideas for books and/or podcasts regarding investing to read/listen to?
A couple of guys I follow:

[Reply]
Buehler445 01:24 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I'm starting to realize PE ratio is pretty damn worthless. There's too many good growth companies who's PE ratio looks terrible but with continued growth will "grow" into a better PE number. I think the key on some of these fast running stocks is to know when to get out, using stop loss orders to lock in gains rather than just being stubborn and holding long term.

There's still plenty of risk involved, but so it buying a low PE stock thinking it's undervalued, when in fact it's simply growing poorly and is now stagnant.
That’s sound.

But without real revenue the risk goes through the roof. I mean Nikola was just a month ago.

Originally Posted by wheeler08:
New to the thread. Need to start keeping up with it. I got in on AMD back when it was like $5 a share. Cashed that out to help furnish new house. Got back in a year ago with AMD.
It’s the only individual stock I own. Rest are either mutual funds or ETFs, like JETS
Yeah. That was the original direction of the thread to determine help guys with IRAs and traditional investment accounts and the like. Then it turned into r/Wallstreetbets with fewer memes. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 02:29 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. That was the original direction of the thread to determine help guys with IRAs and traditional investment accounts and the like. Then it turned into r/Wallstreetbets with fewer memes. :-)
Yep. Long-term personal finance is kind of boring, so it doesn't get a ton of discussion, but that's really where the thread started. Despite all of the discussion about individual stocks here, diversification is still key. Some people are comfortable doing that for themselves and building a portfolio with a diversified set of stocks, but mutual funds and ETFs still play a big role for most. (I'm personally super boring and largely just go with target date index funds.)

My personal recommendation for people just venturing into individual stocks is to keep the bulk of your funds in broad funds of some sort and then set aside some "play money" to invest into individual stocks. The amount should be high enough to give you some chance of big returns but low enough that losing a chunk of it won't interfere with your retirement plans.
[Reply]
Strongside 02:58 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I don't have anything sure fire right now, unfortunately. IDEX did me well the last couple weeks but I've been holding bags on it for a while, and I fear it's too late to crash that party. I'm getting out before EOD today.

I did buy some IPDN a bit ago. Chart looks pretty primed for a pop - could near $2 shortly (currently sitting at 1.34). Might be a nice little quick hitter over the weekend.

I am currently trying to decide on whether or not I'm buying any options on the broader market to hold over the weekend. Tough to say, but the market has typically jumped well on the Monday following a long weekend this year. Might be a good time for some AMD / SPY calls.

EDIT: Ended up not doing anything on the options front.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:31 PM 11-25-2020
Bought 100 shares of NBAC this morning and it went up over 80%. Got lucky for once.

Edit, I only got 46 % of that run up. But still.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 05:13 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I heard there's a florida dude with good investing advice
[Reply]
Page 420 of 934
« First < 320370410416417418419420 421422423424430470520920 > Last »
Up