ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 167
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pets of Chiefs Planet
pr_capone 01:04 AM 10-22-2006
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:57 AM 08-25-2020
Cool link, MJ. It confirmed my suspicions about Dodger.

Tried a few different photos and they came back as Karelian Bear Dog three times and Border Collie twice. Which is exactly what I thought he was.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:46 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Cool link, MJ. It confirmed my suspicions about Dodger.

Tried a few different photos and they came back as Karelian Bear Dog three times and Border Collie twice. Which is exactly what I thought he was.
I'm glad!

I've never heard of a Karelian Bear Dog before... that is crazy a dog that size going after bear! Also cool to know is that they are apparently an ancient breed of dog that have been found to have been buried with Vikings back in the day.

I fucking love dogs!

----

Ok, one last post about Louie and the fosters... until the next one.

Louie is only 6 months old, thus still a puppy himself. It cracks me up to see him watching the two 6 week old foster pups playfighting and he lumbers over to join in the revelry like:

But my dude is so gentle with them...

[Reply]
stumppy 12:35 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I'm glad!

I've never heard of a Karelian Bear Dog before... that is crazy a dog that size going after bear! Also cool to know is that they are apparently an ancient breed of dog that have been found to have been buried with Vikings back in the day.

I fucking love dogs!

----

Ok, one last post about Louie and the fosters... until the next one.

Louie is only 6 months old, thus still a puppy himself. It cracks me up to see him watching the two 6 week old foster pups playfighting and he lumbers over to join in the revelry like:

But my dude is so gentle with them...

:-)

I could watch dogs play all day long.
[Reply]
Marada 01:37 PM 08-25-2020
Mini Schnauzer, yes? I love them!!! I love beardy dogs in general... but I especially love Schnauzers.

How old?
About a year and a half. Got him at 13 weeks. Had a Golden before LB but wife wanted smaller and non shedding this time
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:40 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by Marada:
About a year and a half. Got him at 13 weeks. Had a Golden before LB but wife wanted smaller and non shedding this time
Beware the incrementalism. Before long you'll own a Chinese Crested like me.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:45 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Beware the incrementalism. Before long you'll own a Chinese Crested like me.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:46 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by Marada:
He is just a baby!!! You gonna do the cool long beard and stache on him or keeping it simple with him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:57 PM 08-25-2020
I kid I know but honestly, these guys are about the most interesting and lovable dogs I've ever had. They're crazy as all get out but in a good way.

You'll have to forgive the diapers - two of them we got when they were 9 and 11 respectively and they had never been house trained. Can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Attached: IMG_0540.jpg (66.0 KB) IMG_1264.jpg (67.1 KB) IMG_1885.jpg (68.9 KB) IMG_2312.jpg (80.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:59 PM 08-25-2020
I kid I know but honestly, these guys are about the most interesting and lovable dogs I've ever had. They're crazy as all get out but in a good way.

You'll have to forgive the diapers - two of them we got when they were 9 and 11 respectively and they had never been house trained. Can't teach an old dog new tricks.
#2 looks like it should be fronting an 80's cover band. LOL

They are adorable! What lead you to taking on, mostly, hairless dogs?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:06 PM 08-25-2020
#2 looks like it should be fronting an 80's cover band. LOL

They are adorable! What lead you to taking on, mostly, hairless dogs?
We bought one with hair - it's the dominant, but least desirable, coat trait. They call them "powder puffs" and most CC breeders cull them because people will pay a lot more money for a hairless dog so they don't want them to remain in the bloodline.

We had him for a couple of years when the ARL got in the two pictured. The truly hairless ones require a great deal of care - they sunburn, they freeze, etc. You have to clothe them. You have to lotion them so their skin doesn't get too dry because they don't have the same oil glands that a regular dog has. Plus these two were geriatric, not house trained, in need of a monthly prescription bill that would make your grandma blush, and so on.

The ARL listed them and instantly had more interested than any dogs in the history of the shelter and they panicked. They didn't want to send special needs dogs home to just anyone, let along dogs that most people only want for the "novelty". They knew we had experience with the breed, so they asked us if we would take them.

Here's a pic of all 3 of them together - the powder puff, Kuku, is on the left. Yes, all three of them are the same breed. :-)
Attached: 20181023_124357.jpg (55.4 KB) 
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:36 PM 08-25-2020
I almost forgot. As far as interesante pets, I also have this little lady...
Attached: IMG_2492.jpg (51.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:43 PM 08-25-2020
I almost forgot. As far as interesante pets, I also have this little lady...
Axolotl!!!! Wifey has had a couple in her classroom over the years. Neat little critters!

You have quite the menagerie! A parrot as well IIRC, right? Dude... your budget must be stacked towards the care of animals!
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:47 PM 08-25-2020
Axolotl!!!! Wifey has had a couple in her classroom over the years. Neat little critters!

You have quite the menagerie! A parrot as well IIRC, right? Dude... your budget must be stacked towards the care of animals!
I think I mentioned either in this thread or the other one recently that we've always had a relationship with our local ARL, so we've taken in many animals.

Right now, we have 4 dogs, 16 or 17 cats (hard to keep track of, we did have 21 but lost a couple of the outdoor kittens over the summer), 2 cockatiels, a Russian tortoise, a red-eared slider (turtle), the axolotl, a 15G indoor fish tank, 11 layer chickens, and 4 ducks.

The real tragedy is that I had a 1500G show-quality koi pond with several fish two decades old and over 25 pounds that died during the extended power outage after the derecho. They were kind of family heirlooms, purchased by my late father-in-law and we were crushed to lose them. 12 fish, close to 300 pounds total, and will cost us over $10K to replace like for like (obviously not ever going to happen).
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:48 PM 08-25-2020
As far as budget, the 2 elderly hairless dogs have monthly meds totaling more than me, my wife, and my 2 kids combined. :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 03:52 PM 08-25-2020
That's a helluva collection of critters, htismaqe.:-)

Got the mutt home from the vet. He's not very happy. lol
Attached: 20200825_160941.jpg (86.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 147 of 167
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157 > Last »
Up