ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 41
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:14 AM 04-19-2024
Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.
[Reply]
scho63 01:43 PM 04-19-2024
I think 80% want a WR, 10% want a LT and 10% a TE for replacing Kelce.

I think we cover off all 3 in the draft.

I know every "expert" here says I am ass for wanting to trade up for a great WR but if somehow a Rome Odzune dropped to like 15, I would want to try and get someone like him.

Highly unlikely but one can dream.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:44 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If you're looking at Leggette then there's no reason at all not to trade down.

I'd be surprised if he went before 50 (and absolutely shocked if the Chiefs took him at 32).
People are saying it because in ESPN's last 3 round mock that Field Yates and Kiper did they had Leggette to the Chiefs at 32.
[Reply]
scho63 01:46 PM 04-19-2024
Also, Rashee Rice fuck things up for us short term and makes us slighly more needy than we had to be.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:53 PM 04-19-2024
Im a Legette homer, he was my initial draft crush not counting the Big 4.

But damn, with that said, i think he's a mid 2nd to mid 3rd round kinda guy. Not sure where all this 1st round talk is coming from.

I mean if the Chiefs take him then i'll readily admit i was wrong but i really dont expect him to go in the 1st. I dont even expect him to go high in the 2nd.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:56 PM 04-19-2024
In other draft related news, sounds like Jayden Daniels is trying to work his way down the board. Agent is tweeting out quite a bit about how they're not happy with how the Commanders handled their visit.

Buzz is he really wants LV to be with Antonio Pierce.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:58 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
I think 80% want a WR, 10% want a LT and 10% a TE for replacing Kelce.

I think we cover off all 3 in the draft.

I know every "expert" here says I am ass for wanting to trade up for a great WR but if somehow a Rome Odzune dropped to like 15, I would want to try and get someone like him.

Highly unlikely but one can dream.
If we trade up it's for Thomas, Latham or Fuatanu, IMO.

I don't think we can get up to Fashanu (know we can't get up to Alt). And like you, I don't think we can get up to the Big 3 at WR.

Thomas is the clear WR4, IMO. And I think Fuatanu is probably LT3 in this draft (there's too much projection required in Latham and probably Fuaga as well, IMO).

And I still think either of them would have to make it past Jacksonville and Cincy to the Rams spot where they may be interested in collecting more capital since they haven't had a 1st rounder in awhile.

That'll cost you this year's 3rd and next year's 2nd, IMO. You might get something like 155 back in the deal, but the meat of the deal will be 32, 95 and the 2025 2nd rounder to get up there. And that presumes either of those guys get that far.

You have maybe a 30% chance of one of them getting that far, IMO.

And ultimately that's why I just don't see a trade up as being very likely.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:00 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:

But damn, with that said, i think he's a mid 2nd to mid 3rd round kinda guy. Not sure where all this 1st round talk is coming from.

I mean if the Chiefs take him then i'll readily admit i was wrong but i really dont expect him to go in the 1st. I dont even expect him to go high in the 2nd.
I won't.

I'll presume THEY are.

Legette doesn't look like a 1st rounder to me.
[Reply]
VAChief 02:10 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Veach will try to move up, the cost to get to 16 will be too steep, the teams from about 17-20 won't deal with KC and by 22 and beyond the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

So the Chiefs stay put at 32 and take Jordan Morgan, OT - Arizona.
This… if there is a receiver you really want trade up in the 2nd. If we could get that 39 pick rom Carolina you might have a shot at several 2nd tier WRs.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:21 PM 04-19-2024
The 2nd rd for this draft will look a lot like the 2019 2nd rd draft for WR IMO. At least least 7 taken but there will be talent for us at the end of rd 2 or small trade up.

DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson and Terry McLaurin were all taken after us. Think that same talent will be there this year.

Just need to pick the right one
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:26 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The 2nd rd for this draft will look a lot like the 2019 2nd rd draft for WR IMO. At least least 7 taken but there will be talent for us at the end of rd 2 or small trade up.

DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson and Terry McLaurin were all taken after us. Think that same talent will be there this year.

Just need to pick the right one
Hope it's not a repeat of that draft. We had a WR get in trouble before the draft and we grabbed a guy to try and fill in for him.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:31 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hope it's not a repeat of that draft. We had a WR get in trouble before the draft and we grabbed a guy to try and fill in for him.
Totally different scenario because the Tyreek news broke so close to the draft, and the accusations were so serious that they didn't know if he'd ever play another down for the Chiefs again. That's clearly not the case with Rice.
[Reply]
Woogieman 02:32 PM 04-19-2024
Plenty of talk for BV moving up, but prob not enough draft capital...if he trades up, itwill only be a few spots for Guyton. More likely they trade down and get 2 picks in the sweet spot...
1) Suamataia
2) Legette

Stay put? McConkey
[Reply]
RunKC 02:39 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:

I would love Legette in rd 2. I think there’s a really strong chance that one or two of Legette, Walker, Franklin, Burton will be there around 64. McMillan will be there too.

I don’t see the need to trade up far if we do
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:50 PM 04-19-2024
I just don't think any team in the NFL is gonna trade with the Chiefs right now. They probably all got together and were like...DON'T TRADE WITH THE FUCKING CHIEFS...I'll be amazed if we do that.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:01 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There are times I wish we could force user subtitles on people. "Miserable ****" is an excellent description for Red Dawg.
People are just obsessed with me. Fuck off and get a life.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 41
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up