ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 70
« First < 13535960616263 64656667 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Marriage Question
royr17 07:27 PM 02-20-2005
Ok lets start here.

I need some help with some things i need to know on gettin married, the do's, the dont's, the things you need to know about that.

I see you guys here some are married some arent so the ones that know stuff i need to know let me know about it.

So what are the things i should know about it, cause i dont wanna wait my whole life to get married, i actually wanna be married before i turn 26 which is 6 years from now.

But I wanna get started early in startin a family, so what are the do's and dont's in marriage ???
Lzen 01:08 PM 02-22-2005
Wow, this thread already has 929 replies. No freakin' way I'm reading through all of them. So, if what I say has already been said, sorry.

First thing is don't rush into anything. A lot of people date someone for a couple weeks or months and they're ready to get married. I think that's wrong. And a lot of people get married for the wrong reasons.

I dated my wife off and on for about 4 years (3.5 years straight before I proposed) before deciding to pop the question. My parents got divorced when I was 13 and I always felt that was the worst thing you could do to kids. It took me awhile to be sure she was the one. Not to mention that I had to grow up, too.

Heh, the first few years weren't always easy. It took her awhile to realize she wasn't going to change who I am. Now that doesn't mean I can go out to strip clubs. There are some compromises on both sides, though. Marriage is a partnership, especially when you have kids to raise. She is my wife but also my best friend.

Lastly, I don't know how you are as far as religion. But I would say the biggest reason our marriage has survived all these years when a lot of our friends' marriages haven't is that we have God at the center. That's also a big reason why I don't believe in the old JOP type marriage. Or same sex marriage. But that's a topic for discussion on another thread. Good luck. :-)
ENDelt260 01:24 PM 02-22-2005
Originally Posted by Sybil Diablo:
Brian and Phil were conspicuously absent during "her" incarnation
I'm just making my way through the thread now.

Occassionally I wander away from the computer and have some interactions with folks in "real life". I try to keep it at a minimum, tho. I know how much y'all miss me when I'm gone.
Mr. Kotter 01:46 PM 02-22-2005
Originally Posted by gochiefs:
She already admitted as much.

Lardass and tenn_steph are aquaintances of mine. They are NOT smurfs registered by other users of this board...
The local Mensa Chapter's community service project, eh? :-)
ROYC75 03:39 PM 02-22-2005
Only Roy and son post with a space before question marks...busted!

Oh bullshit......

BTW, leave me out of this one, I done lost the battle !
Hammock Parties 03:41 PM 02-22-2005
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Oh bullshit......

BTW, leave me out of this one, I done lost the battle !
I wasn't trying to involve you...it's clear Roy was posing as his "girlfriend."
Iowanian 03:45 PM 02-22-2005
so is lardass your real life boyfriend, meatpeeker?
ROYC75 04:10 PM 02-22-2005
In reality, the real Steph stepped forward and you missed it .
Hammock Parties 04:14 PM 02-22-2005
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
In reality, the real Steph stepped forward and you missed it .
I guess she and Roy have similar posting styles then..

And put spaces before question marks....a shocking coincidence.
Phobia 04:15 PM 02-22-2005
Have you read any of my posts on this issue? Do you think I'm fabricating facts? Do you think III has the technical expertise to spoof an IP that is clearly in Tenn?
ROYC75 04:18 PM 02-22-2005
I guess she and Roy have similar posting styles then..

And put spaces before question marks....a shocking coincidence.

There are many things in common........ more than many on here will believe.

Enough to scare me....... I don't scare to easily either.
Hammock Parties 04:19 PM 02-22-2005
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Have you read any of my posts on this issue? Do you think I'm fabricating facts? Do you think III has the technical expertise to spoof an IP that is clearly in Tenn?
Yeah I have. I think you're covering for Roy.

"steph" didn't even register until Roy logged on last night...another shocking coincidence.

I guess if you can show a screencap of steph's IP log, I'll believe you.
Phobia 04:21 PM 02-22-2005
Yeah I have. I think you're covering for Roy.

"steph" didn't even register until Roy logged on last night...another shocking coincidence.

I guess if you can show a screencap of steph's IP log, I'll believe you.
Why would I cover for him? My opinion that he's an idiot is well documented throughout this thread.

I guess if you don't want to believe me, I really don't give a shit. I'm not showing you a screencap.
Bearcat 04:22 PM 02-22-2005
Well, if they chat on IM, it almost seems logical that she would meet him here. :-)
Hammock Parties 04:22 PM 02-22-2005
Why would I cover for him? My opinion that he's an idiot is well documented throughout this thread.

I guess if you don't want to believe me, I really don't give a shit. I'm not showing you a screencap.
Shocking...
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 04:25 PM 02-22-2005

My opinion is, if Goatcheese had to go recruit two people who don't normally post here to dogpile on a fellow Chiefs fan, then my extrodinarily low opinion of the little twit has gone even lower.

Sigh. . .
Page 63 of 70
« First < 13535960616263 64656667 > Last »
Up