ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 219 of 324
« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221222223229269319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:23 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Something is definitely wrong with the scheme this year.

I think Jones not being inside all the time is having a major impact.
That and his lack of experience with how to react as a DE. He really should be moving to DE on obvious passing downs because on running downs…he isn’t it.

And fucking Clark is trash. Bring back Taco or find someone else.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:23 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
No team fears any aspect of the defense. Coaching or players. The formula is smack them in the mouth and they wilt into lumps of goo. May seem about right at this point.
If I was playing against the Chiefs I'd run the ball and run the ball and then to top it off, I'd run the ball. 4th down? Let's run the ball. Then I'd run the ball. Then when they got flustered and decided to send 10 players into the backfield on the snap, I'd play action pass it to my #2 TE who would surely be uncovered and watch him trot for an easy TD.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:26 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Last night Ward completely blew his assignment. Like he forgot what he was even doing out there.

Jarran Reed got mauled over and over again.

Hitchens got blocked out of a running play by Duvernay. Yeah a 200lb lanky WR blocked his ass out of a running play for a big gain.

That wasn’t coaching. That was personnel being shit
Ward passed off Brown to Mathieu who was sitting on his guy. Ward definitely fucked that up.

I have no clue what Reed brings to this team because he isn’t as advertised.

Hitchens and Clark can be gone after this season.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 01:26 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Something is definitely wrong with the scheme this year.

I think Jones not being inside all the time is having a major impact.
Year three and a full offseason this year I didn’t think it would get this bad. Hopefully they figure it out.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:31 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That and his lack of experience with how to react as a DE. He really should be moving to DE on obvious passing downs because on running downs…he isn’t it.

And fucking Clark is trash. Bring back Taco or find someone else.
This. They have created two new holes on running downs by moving one player.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 01:36 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
No team fears any aspect of the defense. Coaching or players. The formula is smack them in the mouth and they wilt into lumps of goo. May seem about right at this point.

We dont have the players. Hard to fear the coaching when you have zero players. Think about people pointing to bolton as the best LB we have.
Who is the best DB we have on the roster? Its absolutely crazy we have no DB's or LB's.

We have a good safety 32 , but I mean...ok... and a couple of good DLineman one of which we paid like 100 million for and should be better and not going to jail etc.

I dont think there is a coach in the league who could design a defense for zero LB's and Zero db's.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:38 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
If I was playing against the Chiefs I'd run the ball and run the ball and then to top it off, I'd run the ball. 4th down? Let's run the ball. Then I'd run the ball. Then when they got flustered and decided to send 10 players into the backfield on the snap, I'd play action pass it to my #2 TE who would surely be uncovered and watch him trot for an easy TD.
Right there with you. Exactly what I would do until they prove they could stop it.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:41 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

This is ... not good
Brendan Daly, DL coach, come on down....
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:50 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Ready to move on from Spags. Letting them convert the two 2nd and 20’s and 8/8 in letting opponents score in red zone. Hopefully they bring in new blood and Clark don’t allow him to bring in a friend.
Dude, no… that’s a terrible overreaction

He definitely needs to tweak the scheme to better utilize what we currently have, but right now it’s looking like we don’t have the talent to be truly dangerous no matter what he schemes up

And frankly, I believe we DO have what’s needed to at least be better than this vs the run… but the sad fact is our big men are playing like shit, the entire front seven
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 02:42 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Dude, no… that’s a terrible overreaction

He definitely needs to tweak the scheme to better utilize what we currently have, but right now it’s looking like we don’t have the talent to be truly dangerous no matter what he schemes up

And frankly, I believe we DO have what’s needed to at least be better than this vs the run… but the sad fact is our big men are playing like shit, the entire front seven
I know man. Sucks to have a defense look that bad though. It Looked something like a first year rookie d-coordinator would do at the beginning of a season. Not a defense three years in the same system. Even if we had come out that game with the win it would been a dirty feeling knowing we’d get crushed in the playoffs playing like that. Hopefully they figure it out.
[Reply]
Kman34 02:49 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
This is what we are going to see until we stop it… The next few teams are more pass happy but if they are smart they will run until it doesn’t work..
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:47 PM 09-20-2021
Kind of curious why we pretty much ignored the D end spot in the off season
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:21 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
And then cut Taco and Ward right before the season.

And Kaindoh was inactive last night.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:28 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It goes straight to the top
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:36 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And then cut Taco and Ward right before the season.

And Kaindoh was inactive last night.
From what I've seen so far of Jones at the DE spot I can not for the life of me understand what they saw to think he was ready to start there primarily.
[Reply]
Page 219 of 324
« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221222223229269319 > Last »
Up