ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 244 of 386
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254294344 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:52 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So is it pretty obvious by the way the pieces fit together that Arya kills cersei (green eyes), the mountain kills Arya before she can escape, and the hound will avenge aryas death by killing the mountain?
Arya is going to wind up pregnant. She's not dying.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:52 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
That’s why Jon wanted to attack, it was mentioned once or twice in the second/third episode that Winterfell is running very low on supplies/food.
Bran pleaded urgency in the battle plans meeting as well.

The Dothraki were sacrificed because someone needed to kick things off to and get the NK pissed off.
They could have at least waited until daylight.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:03 PM 04-29-2019
Jamie still kills Cersie.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:04 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
They could have at least waited until daylight.
That was fucked up. Reminded me of Pickett's Charge.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:18 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Jamie dies in battle.

Arya takes his face and kills Cersei.

Would be epic.
[Reply]
Setsuna 06:18 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Indeed. Some of are getting way too bent out of shape assigning realism to a TV show about dragons and zombies.
Right? Can you believe those people? Having an opinion is just...not human really. Screw those guys amirite? :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:40 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Right? Can you believe those people? Having an opinion is just...not human really. Screw those guys amirite? :-)
I mean, they a lot of it without cgi which I Hella appreciate . It's one hell of an ambitious battle scene. In a perfect world with unlimited budgets it could have been longer, brighter, and more realistic. But they pulled off one hell of a thrilling 90 minutes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:43 PM 04-29-2019

[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:51 PM 04-29-2019
Every time I watch these the battles in this show I wonder why nobody on the staff can bother to read ANYTHING about strategy. I mean wasting your ENTIRE cavalry force as an opening move? lol.

A minor annoyance and common in films and TV. Doesn't really do much but make me chuckle at this point. It's like getting mad about lawyers on TV never acting like real lawyers.

It was intense, but anti-climactic. A lot of build up for 'Oh, so the great war is over. Already."

Just like that. She ninja'd in there and came from behind him (which was oddly between him and the other white walkers while surrounded by wights. ) and in one move... done.

Between the bait and switch and quick resolution I was a bit let down by the storytelling. I don't REALLY care much about what happens from here.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:52 PM 04-29-2019
The plan was to draw the Night King to the Godswood, where Bran was. Bran gave Arya the dagger. The plan worked.
exactly as planned. Unless the NK feels like he won and safe, he’s not making a move to kill Bran. He’s not going to risk
Himself. We already saw an example in the same show. He probable beats Jon in a one on one sword fight but he doesn’t need to risk himself to get what he wants.

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Arya is going to wind up pregnant. She's not dying.
exactly. They might end up marrying and their kid is the one destined for the throne. Ya never know. But Arya isn’t dying.

it doesn’t have to be the real Jamie to follow what the witch told Cersi. Maybe someone who can use different faces?

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Jamie dies in battle.

Arya takes his face and kills Cersei.

Would be epic.
THIS!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:55 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I mean, they a lot of it without cgi which I Hella appreciate . It's one hell of an ambitious battle scene. In a perfect world with unlimited budgets it could have been longer, brighter, and more realistic. But they pulled off one hell of a thrilling 90 minutes.
Why brighter?

They don't call it 'The long day"
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:59 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Ouch. You got incel red pulled shitlord.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:00 PM 04-29-2019
Call me crazy but I don't think the original plan called for the entire Dothraki's to get killed in one swoop. That is an oh shit moment.

Plan was Dothraki to go do their thing. Then the next wave you get to the No Balls People. Let the Dragons do clean up. Then get the Night King.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:06 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Every time I watch these the battles in this show I wonder why nobody on the staff can bother to read ANYTHING about strategy. I mean wasting your ENTIRE cavalry force as an opening move?
Debating using our human being military historical record to apply tactics to ice Dragons, Zombies and a King made of ice that can raise the dead seems to me, call me whack, a jump in a fantasy TV show that probably shouldn’t be made.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:06 PM 04-29-2019

[Reply]
Page 244 of 386
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254294344 > Last »
Up