ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 241 of 386
« First < 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291341 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Aspengc8 02:15 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
I do get what people are saying about how they defended the castle. Why send 1/3 of your best troops away off into the unknown darkness when you're trying to defend your position? You have a giant ass castle that you've now intentionally left the front door open to, because you're trying to get your soldiers back inside the castle where they should have been in the first place. Also, what was Bran's plan other than just sitting there hoping the baddies don't reach him? He warged into a raven to give us a nice view? When that didn't work, he was just going to sit there and let the Night King kill him? 3 eyed Raven seems pretty useless other than learning secrets about royal incest...
I dont think the plan was to send the Dothraki out like that. They kinda just got pumped up/warchanting and went on their own when Mel lit their swords on fire. Jorrah kinda got pushed into it, the scene showed him stuck in the middle and his horse bugged out and started running with them.
[Reply]
Setsuna 02:16 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well can you provide any historical instances of castles being overrun by zombies?
:-)
[Reply]
Fish 02:18 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I would answer, but Duncan's already done a much better job.
That's not necessary though, and the plot could make just as much sense approaching it differently and using the castle as the defensive bulwark it's intended to be. Put the soldiers all on the castle walls. Sit a dragon at each corner. Their plan was to lure the NK into the weirwood area. Sending riders away from the castle doesn't help that. It's just a waste that lowers your numbers and provides more dead bodies for the zombie necromancer.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:23 PM 04-29-2019
If I want not-really historically-accurate medieval battles I'll turn on Knightfall or Vikings or some other History shit. This is fucking Game of Thrones. Who gives a shit about the height of Winterfell's fucking walls or how General Dipshit, online tactical genious, would have placed the troops. Give me fire and blood and crazy stunts and heroic last stands and long stretches of terror and end it all with the winners in tears and I'm good.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:23 PM 04-29-2019
That's not necessary though, and the plot could make just as much sense approaching it differently and using the castle as the defensive bulwark it's intended to be. Put the soldiers all on the castle walls. Sit a dragon at each corner. Their plan was to lure the NK into the weirwood area. Sending riders away from the castle doesn't help that. It's just a waste that lowers your numbers and provides more dead bodies for the zombie necromancer.
It's not like there is a history of planning to fight an army of the dead.

The NK could have just sat back and starved them out as well.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 02:24 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think he warged into the ravens to get the attention of the NK and to draw him in.
Ok that makes more sense then, thanks. I knew they were trying to lure the guy out but didn’t make that link. I guess it’s a bit like the Frodo when he puts the ring on and Sauron can see him thing. In fact they probably ripped that off but in a worse way and probably should’ve spelled it out for idiots like me
[Reply]
Fish 02:26 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
I dont think the plan was to send the Dothraki out like that. They kinda just got pumped up/warchanting and went on their own when Mel lit their swords on fire. Jorrah kinda got pushed into it, the scene showed him stuck in the middle and his horse bugged out and started running with them.
Then it would have been nice to have a fucking plan in the first place, no? Something other than "Hey look flaming khopesh! Whoo, let's rock!" which gets 1/3 of your soldiers dead in ~90 seconds. I mean, the visual was pretty awesome. But that's really the only purpose it served, to show the dark extinguishing the light.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:26 PM 04-29-2019
Then it would have been nice to have a fucking plan in the first place, no? Something other than "Hey look flaming khopesh! Whoo, let's rock!" which gets 1/3 of your soldiers dead in ~90 seconds. I mean, the visual was pretty awesome. But that's really the only purpose it served, to show the dark extinguishing the light.
The dothraki do whatever the fuck they want to do.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 02:28 PM 04-29-2019
Also is the night king the reanimated corpse of darth Maul?
[Reply]
mlyonsd 02:29 PM 04-29-2019
It's not like there is a history of planning to fight an army of the dead.

The NK could have just sat back and starved them out as well.
They had a pretty good idea how big an army the NK had. It seemed silly to me they would send some of their best fighters into a charge on something they couldn't see. It didn't make sense but whatever.
[Reply]
Fish 02:29 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
If I want not-really historically-accurate medieval battles I'll turn on Knightfall or Vikings or some other History shit.
That's just an excuse for lazy writing which has been mostly unnecessary for the previous 7 seasons.
[Reply]
crashcourse 02:29 PM 04-29-2019
waiting for the hound to get it

his thing for arya overrides his knack for selfpreservation/he turns into a wimpo until she's in trouble then its full bore to the rescue

he has to die trying to save her in some way int the future
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:31 PM 04-29-2019
Remember that Bron is still out there gunning for Tyrion.

Going to be heartbreaking if Sansa or Jamie takes one in the chest for him. :-)
[Reply]
Jerm 02:36 PM 04-29-2019
I think he warged into the ravens to get the attention of the NK and to draw him in.
He said last week that TNK knows where he's at all the time since he's marked...I mean I guess to get him specifically to the Godswood maybe?

I thought it might be for something we haven't seen yet...what that is, I don't know.
[Reply]
Swanman 02:37 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
In the first episode of the season when Jon is in the godswood, he’s asks Arya, “How did you sneak up on me?” They’ve subtly dropped those hints that she’s pretty much gone full assasin. And in this episode she comes out of nowhere in the godswood to get to the NK. Not a coincidence.
Also, Bran gave Arya the dagger in the exact same spot where she killed the Night King. There is a good chance that during the battle Bran was pulling a Bill & Ted and influencing things in the past to help win the battle. When he gave the dagger to Arya, he had a bit of a WTF look on his face because he may have been speaking to himself from the future telling himself to give her the dagger.

About the Dothraki, they charge because that's what they do. They are not meant to be a fortified unit like the Unsullied. However, they absolutely should not have been used as the front line. If anything, they should have flanked the dead after the initial clash with the Unsullied.
[Reply]
Page 241 of 386
« First < 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291341 > Last »
Up