ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Media Center>Preacher...
Rausch 04:42 AM 06-07-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Another episode, another Johnny Cash cover [Rusty Chain].

Gotta be honest, I'm intrigued but not wowed yet. Ruth Negga is easy on the eyes [liked her since she was in Misfits with Ramsey Bolton]. Cassidy has potential as a Mick version of Buffy's Spike. But that's the thing, I feel like I'm watching a casserole. Everything's a mix of genres and archetypes, but I see the source material more than the new ground thus far. Even the 'Genesis' reminds me of the asteroid from 'You, Me and the End of the World' earlier this year. Hopefully it bakes into something decent.
I liked how the comic began much better but I see their point about having to introduce it to general audiences.

And there were a lot of great actors in Misfits. I'm surprised Robert Sheehan hasn't gotten more work here in the states...
[Reply]
unlurking 06:30 AM 06-07-2016
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I liked how the comic began much better but I see their point about having to introduce it to general audiences.

And there were a lot of great actors in Misfits. I'm surprised Robert Sheehan hasn't gotten more work here in the states...
I can't imagine what it's like for someone who hasn't read the source material. They are introducing the characters much faster than the comics, but still much slower than a typical TV series.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:02 AM 06-07-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I can't imagine what it's like for someone who hasn't read the source material. They are introducing the characters much faster than the comics, but still much slower than a typical TV series.
When I read it I immediately thought of a Johnny Cash soundtrack.

The man in black.

Also, in the 2 eps so far I've counted 3 references to Stephen King...
[Reply]
unlurking 07:30 AM 06-07-2016
Originally Posted by Rausch:
When I read it I immediately thought of a Johnny Cash soundtrack.

The man in black.

Also, in the 2 eps so far I've counted 3 references to Stephen King...
Yeah, I love the use of Cash songs. Hope it continues.

Didn't catch the King references, what were they? I pretty much missed Raina, Stark, and Rorschach too until people pointed them out in this thread. Raina and Stark are insanely obvious, and I have no idea how I missed them!
[Reply]
frankotank 02:57 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
never read it. never even heard of it. but I'm watching.

while I still have a billion questions as to WTF....I'm digging it quite a lot!

tulip cracks me up.
when cassidy jumped out of the plane....that shit cracked me up. nice while e coyote umbrella....
the grey suits....when they showed back up....I was all WTF!!!
the end of ep 2....open your eyes....credits roll....I'm all MOTHERFFFFFFFF!!!! couldn't wait for next week....and then.....not much. eyes are open. :-)

I'm very intrigued and very not wanting to know much about it....it'll be.....SURPRISE!
[Reply]
unlurking 06:18 AM 06-07-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Another episode, another Johnny Cash cover [Rusty Chain].

Gotta be honest, I'm intrigued but not wowed yet. Ruth Negga is easy on the eyes [liked her since she was in Misfits with Ramsey Bolton]. Cassidy has potential as a Mick version of Buffy's Spike. But that's the thing, I feel like I'm watching a casserole. Everything's a mix of genres and archetypes, but I see the source material more than the new ground thus far. Even the 'Genesis' reminds me of the asteroid from 'You, Me and the End of the World' earlier this year. Hopefully it bakes into something decent.
Hated Buffy. Cassidy is already better than anything on that craptastic, overrated shitshow. :-)

Not sure what you mean with the rest of this? I enjoyed You, Me and the End of the World, but I don't see any similarity. The story was a pretty good mix of different genres, but settled down quite a bit once all the main characters were introduced.
[Reply]
Sfeihc 12:31 PM 06-07-2016
Okay one episode in and I didn't read the comic and quit reading this thread after the posts about ep. 1. That being said......

The Preacher(Jesse Custer) looks like phobia when I first met him over a decade ago.
[Reply]
kepp 02:18 PM 06-07-2016
Originally Posted by Sfeihc:
Okay one episode in and I didn't read the comic and quit reading this thread after the posts about ep. 1. That being said......

The Preacher(Jesse Custer) looks like phobia when I first met him over a decade ago.
Oh, man...you're right. Enlarge the head a bit and that's him.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:57 AM 06-11-2016
Originally Posted by kepp:
Oh, man...you're right. Enlarge the head a bit and that's him.
I should take my photoshop out of mothballs and put Phil's head and some pink sox on the preacher...
[Reply]
unlurking 06:59 PM 06-13-2016
Slow episode this week. Still good, but missed the action of the first two episodes.
[Reply]
NewChief 08:27 PM 06-14-2016
Verdict: worth watching?

If so: worth waiting until season end and binging instead of weekly release?
[Reply]
Rausch 08:22 AM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Verdict: worth watching?

If so: worth waiting until season end and binging instead of weekly release?
Definitely.

Me and the wife keep saying we'll wait and watch them all in one sitting but can't. Each monday we watch the ep from the day before.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:05 AM 06-15-2016
I would say yes on both counts, with the caveat that it's still very early.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 09:05 AM 06-15-2016
Worth a watch. I watched premiere. Now waiting to binge.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:38 PM 06-30-2016
Renewed a day or two ago for a longer (13 ep) second season.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up