ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3553 of 3903
« First < 2553305334533503354335493550355135523553 3554355535563557356336033653 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Swanman 03:44 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
When we are out with our kid we do the same. My daughter never had an issue wearing them and we just don't want her to feel isolated. I definitely don't want to get it and get her sick.
Good man, this Sure-Oz. There are a group of parents trying to lobby/intimidate our school board into ditching the mask mandate for all schools, even those where kids are too young to be vaccinated. I know some of the people, and the kids don't like the masks because all they see every day is their parents acting like damn babies about the masks. Our kids don't see it as a big deal because we explained why it was needed and we damn sure didn't make a big deal out of it. We had fun with it, found cool masks with stuff the kids like on them and now it's just something we do.
[Reply]
TLO 03:45 PM 07-16-2021
I hate articles like this. I'm not even going to post the whole thing because this is stupid.

'Pfizer COVID vaccine significantly less effective against Delta variant'

The effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine against the Delta variant is “weaker” than health officials hoped, Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said Friday, as 855 people tested positive for coronavirus and more countries were listed as places of high infection.

“We do not know exactly to what degree the vaccine helps, but it is significantly less,” Bennett said.
[Reply]
loochy 03:46 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Swanman:
Good man, this Sure-Oz. There are a group of parents trying to lobby/intimidate our school board into ditching the mask mandate for all schools, even those where kids are too young to be vaccinated. I know some of the people, and the kids don't like the masks because all they see every day is their parents acting like damn babies about the masks. Our kids don't see it as a big deal because we explained why it was needed and we damn sure didn't make a big deal out of it. We had fun with it, found cool masks with stuff the kids like on them and now it's just something we do.
Welcome to 12 months ago
[Reply]
TLO 03:46 PM 07-16-2021
Thanks Prime Minister! What a wealth of information you are.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:46 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I hate articles like this. I'm not even going to post the whole thing because this is stupid.

The effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine against the Delta variant is “weaker” than health officials hoped, Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said Friday, as 855 people tested positive for coronavirus and more countries were listed as places of high infection.

“We do not know exactly to what degree the vaccine helps, but it is significantly less,” Bennett said.
Yes, reality can crush press releases.
[Reply]
Swanman 03:47 PM 07-16-2021
Is Chicago still heavily masked up? I was up there memorial day weekend and even outdoors it was like 95% masks
I don't go downtown much but it would not surprise me. They lived through the really bad times last spring and remember it so the mask isn't some awful thing to them. I was down there in October and every single person for the most part was masked up, even outside. I live about 20 miles from the loop and around here, most have ditched masks because of vaccination or they just never wore them to begin with (or wore them with their nose/mouth hanging out). Dupage county has the highest vaccination percentage in the state but there are still pockets of anti-vaxxers here and there.
[Reply]
TLO 03:52 PM 07-16-2021
More stuff from Isreal. (This one is worth reading)

Israeli study of breakthrough infections following full BNT-Pfizer vaccination, 40% immunocompromised

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...mpromised.aspx
[Reply]
DaFace 03:54 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:

The word "significantly" is particularly problematic. I'm sure they're referring to statistical significance, but all that really means is that it's less effective with no regard to the magnitude. It might still be 90% vs. 95%, but because it's less and they have the sample size for it, it's a "significant difference."
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:00 PM 07-16-2021
Same with our school. Yep, kids just following what the parents are doing. Parents should be protecting their kids with this delta one being way more contagious.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:01 PM 07-16-2021
I don't go downtown much but it would not surprise me. They lived through the really bad times last spring and remember it so the mask isn't some awful thing to them. I was down there in October and every single person for the most part was masked up, even outside. I live about 20 miles from the loop and around here, most have ditched masks because of vaccination or they just never wore them to begin with (or wore them with their nose/mouth hanging out). Dupage county has the highest vaccination percentage in the state but there are still pockets of anti-vaxxers here and there.
Yeah I was pretty surprised. The loop and downtown had limits and forced masks. No one seemed to have issues. Glad they took it seriously.
[Reply]
Swanman 04:19 PM 07-16-2021
Yeah I was pretty surprised. The loop and downtown had limits and forced masks. No one seemed to have issues. Glad they took it seriously.
It was the same way in NYC. The areas with the super dense populations got the memo pretty damn quickly.
[Reply]
Swanman 04:21 PM 07-16-2021
Same with our school. Yep, kids just following what the parents are doing. Parents should be protecting their kids with this delta one being way more contagious.
My oldest has developmental delays so she really needs to be in school and not at home, but if they drop the mask mandate for her age level, I will seriously consider keeping her home until she can get vaccinated. I hope our school board isn't that stupid but there will be a lot of vocal anti-maskers at the next board meeting. One good thing is the superintendent reiterated that they will be following CDC guidelines in the fall so I hope it stays that way.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:33 PM 07-16-2021
Out of the 32 Covid patients that are hospitalized where I work 5 have been completely vaccinated.
[Reply]
TLO 04:34 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Out of the 32 Covid patients that are hospitalized where I work 5 have been completely vaccinated.
What's the demographic like of those who are vaccinated and still hospitalized?
[Reply]
NotDonger 04:44 PM 07-16-2021
Regarding "the fully vaccinated," I wonder how many of them were infected during the 14 day period after the boost shot and weren't truly "fully vaccinated."
[Reply]
Page 3553 of 3903
« First < 2553305334533503354335493550355135523553 3554355535563557356336033653 > Last »
Up