ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 198 of 382
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208248298 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
TimBone 06:26 PM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I loved Schlafly Pumpkin the first couple years it came out, but they changed something... letting it sit in the fridge a while helps, but I'm all about Southern Tier Warlock and Crown Valley Pumpkin Smash.

Speaking of Schlafly though, after opening another disappointing Boulevard Imperial Stout (tart cherry), opened a Schlafly Bourbon Stout... delicious.
Warlock and Crown Valley Pumpkin Smash are excellent. I like Southern Tier Pumking as well.
[Reply]
TimBone 06:28 PM 10-16-2015
Bearcat, you like stouts. What can you tell me about Boulevards Imperial Aztec Chocolate Stout? I bought one at the brewery, just to try.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:29 PM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Curious as to what you guys think of Collaboration #5.
Solid beer. Not epic but pretty damn good. The Calling kind of ruined things for the #5.
[Reply]
TimBone 06:35 PM 10-16-2015
The Calling is dooooope.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:40 PM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by TimBone:
The Calling is dooooope.
I would say its the only really good IPA Boulevard has made, and its really really really good.

The whole Single Wide/Double Wide series was average at best.

#5 may be their 2nd best hoppy beer though they call it a Pale.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:41 PM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Bearcat, you like stouts. What can you tell me about Boulevards Imperial Aztec Chocolate Stout? I bought one at the brewery, just to try.
Disappointing. Dark Truth got me started on stouts. It's heavy, complex, basically a meal. Aztec and the tart cherry that I just tried have a lightness to them that I just don't consider a stout. I saw some mentions of Aztec being a "Mexican style stout," and if that's a thing, it's a long way from imperial stout.

Overall, it wasn't bad, I was just expecting something a lot different. Not sure I'll keep going back to that X series, as IMO they're 0 for 2, which saddens me to say.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:46 PM 10-16-2015
Had a Prairie Ales Bomb last night, first I've tried from them... quality coffee stout.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:48 PM 10-16-2015
Had a Prairie Ales Bomb last night, first I've tried from them... quality coffee stout.
Prairie Bomb and Pirate Bomb are the Bomb. Some of the best Stouts on the planet.
[Reply]
TimBone 06:53 PM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Prairie Bomb and Pirate Bomb are the Bomb. Some of the best Stouts on the planet.
Bomb and Christmas Bomb were both very good, and I'm usually not big on stouts.
[Reply]
TimBone 06:54 PM 10-16-2015
Disappointing. Dark Truth got me started on stouts. It's heavy, complex, basically a meal. Aztec and the tart cherry that I just tried have a lightness to them that I just don't consider a stout. I saw some mentions of Aztec being a "Mexican style stout," and if that's a thing, it's a long way from imperial stout.

Overall, it wasn't bad, I was just expecting something a lot different. Not sure I'll keep going back to that X series, as IMO they're 0 for 2, which saddens me to say.
I enjoyed Dark Truth. I guess I'm still gonna try this Aztec Chocolate, but I'm not really excited about it. I do know that Clown Shoes has a Mexican Stout, and I thought it was awful.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:02 PM 10-16-2015
I loved Schlafly Pumpkin the first couple years it came out, but they changed something... letting it sit in the fridge a while helps, but I'm all about Southern Tier Warlock and Crown Valley Pumpkin Smash.

Speaking of Schlafly though, after opening another disappointing Boulevard Imperial Stout (tart cherry), opened a Schlafly Bourbon Stout... delicious.
I'm not a stout guy at all, but Schlafly Bourbon Stout is a beast.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:13 PM 10-16-2015
I'm not a stout guy at all, but Schlafly Bourbon Stout is a beast.
Yeah, it's not as consistent as say Goose Island's BCS, but it ranges from very good to amazing, at least somewhat dependent on how long I let it sit in the beer rack.... and it's available all year, as opposed to the BCS bullshit of paying $7/12oz on Black Friday.

I could drink the Schlafly, Sam Smith Organic Chocolate, and Great Divide Yetis for the rest of my life and not touch another beer. Oh, and Crown Valley Pumpkin Smash.

And Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break.

[Reply]
ChiefRocka 07:30 PM 10-16-2015
Yeah, it's not as consistent as say Goose Island's BCS, but it ranges from very good to amazing, at least somewhat dependent on how long I let it sit in the beer rack.... and it's available all year, as opposed to the BCS bullshit of paying $7/12oz on Black Friday.

I could drink the Schlafly, Sam Smith Organic Chocolate, and Great Divide Yetis for the rest of my life and not touch another beer. Oh, and Crown Valley Pumpkin Smash.

And Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break.

big fan of the Schlafly Extra Stout as well.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:37 PM 10-16-2015
Finally got a chance to try Tell Tale Tart. If that's a slightly sour ale, I'd hate to taste a sour ale.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:43 PM 10-16-2015
Finally got a chance to try Tell Tale Tart. If that's a slightly sour ale, I'd hate to taste a sour ale.
I had it this weekend as well. Once again, I'm sensitive to sours, but I agree with you. No slightly about it. My biggest problem was that outside of the sour, there wasn't much flavor otherwise. Kind of a waste.
[Reply]
Page 198 of 382
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208248298 > Last »
Up