ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 319
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Hoover 04:02 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
When was that?
w

A LONG time ago.

Look, the most interesting thing to watch this offseason will be what Veach does with Schwarts and Fisher. I mean this is the absolute worst situation we could find ourselves in. Two OTs in their early 30s with big cap numbers and one year remaining on their deals. I don't know what the right answer is.

I agree with the people who say if the Chiefs draft a LT in the first round, Fisher is toast. I also think that building an Online with a group of players that have little to no NFL experience isn't ideal, and frankly is stupid when you are protecting someone the likes of Mahomes and what he means to the franchise.

I think there has to be a free agent component to this.
[Reply]
wachashi 04:03 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The only 2 guys I’m comfortable plugging in are Niang and LDT.

After that I think you have to have a realistic plan that looks something like this:

Re-sign Osemele
Sign Jason Peters
Sign Justin Britt

Draft:

2. Quinn Meinerz/Creed Humphrey/Josh Myers
3. Walker Little/James Hudson/D’Ante Smith

That’s a realistic plan in terms of what I’d expect the Chiefs to do.
Yep. You've got to use free agency to address immediate needs, especially given our draft position. You never know how the draft is going to play out, and more importantly, how a prospect is going to look once they're in the league. The more holes we can fill using players in the FA bargain bin, the closer we can get to a BPA draft.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:03 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
w

A LONG time ago.

Look, the most interesting thing to watch this offseason will be what Veach does with Schwarts and Fisher. I mean this is the absolute worst situation we could find ourselves in. Two OTs in their early 30s with big cap numbers and one year remaining on their deals. I don't know what the right answer is.

I agree with the people who say if the Chiefs draft a LT in the first round, Fisher is toast. I also think that building an Online with a group of players that have little to no NFL experience isn't ideal, and frankly is stupid when you are protecting someone the likes of Mahomes and what he means to the franchise.

I think there has to be a free agent component to this.
Exactly.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:03 PM 02-12-2021
I just find it weird that people have trusted Veach when it comes to other positions. Now all of a sudden we’re fucked at the offensive line if they don’t do what people want.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:04 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Yep. You've got to use free agency to address immediate needs, especially given our draft position. You never know how the draft is going to play out, and more importantly, how a prospect is going to look once they're in the league. The more holes we can fill using players in the FA bargain bin, the closer we can get to a BPA draft.
Yep.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:05 PM 02-12-2021
I just find it weird that people have trusted Veach when it comes to other positions. Now all of a sudden we’re fucked at the offensive line if they don’t do what people want.
:-) How long have you posted on this website? There's been plenty of criticism of Veach and his moves in the past.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:07 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) How long have you posted on this website? There's been plenty of criticism of Veach and his moves in the past.
Before the Super Bowl? Sure.

After? Not so much.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:09 PM 02-12-2021
So what are people's take on Cam Robinson? Now I have not watched enough Jacksonville games to have an opinion, but I'd rather spend FA dollar on someone who's 26 than someone who is 33.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:09 PM 02-12-2021
Before the Super Bowl? Sure.

After? Not so much.
Yeah, I've still seen criticism after the fact as well. Maybe not quite as vitriolic but it's still there.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:11 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The only 2 guys I’m comfortable plugging in are Niang and LDT.

After that I think you have to have a realistic plan that looks something like this:

Re-sign Osemele
Sign Jason Peters
Sign Justin Britt

Draft:

2. Quinn Meinerz/Creed Humphrey/Josh Myers
3. Walker Little/James Hudson/D’Ante Smith

That’s a realistic plan in terms of what I’d expect the Chiefs to do.
Peters is a great thought as a stop gap. He'll be 40 next season, but if he wants to ring chase and can come back from his IR stint to end this season, that would be a good 2021 solution to where KC is.

In that scenario, are you thinking

Peters
Allegretti (or Osemele if he's GtG)
Meineri/Humphrey/Myers
LDT
Niang
[Reply]
TEX 04:11 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Exactly. Especially the way the Chiefs are built now. The window is still open. Use the draft to select depth and future talent.
[Reply]
TEX 04:13 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Peters is a great thought as a stop gap. He'll be 40 next season, but if he wants to ring chase and can come back from his IR stint to end this season, that would be a good 2021 solution to where KC is.

In that scenario, are you thinking

Peters
Allegretti (or Osemele if he's GtG)
Meineri/Humphrey/Myers
LDT
Niang
If they intend to wait on Fish, they might do it. But, I'd play it like Fish won't be available next season.
[Reply]
In58men 04:13 PM 02-12-2021
The Saints have released veteran G Nick Easton. Another move to continue to get closer to the salary cap
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:15 PM 02-12-2021
Can someone please explain this fascination with Jason Peters to me? He's going to be 40 years old, coming off the IR, and hasn't exactly been an iron man the seasons prior. When the problem this past season was all our OL getting injured and leaving us with nothing but scrubs, relying on guys like Peters or even worse Osemele or Britt seems ridiculous to me. Am I taking crazy pills or what?
[Reply]
RunKC 04:17 PM 02-12-2021
The thing that is going to piss me off is us keeping Sammy. You just know it’s going to happen. Patrick loves the guy and Veach won’t want to get rid of him so quickly.

I just pray to god he takes $5 million or less with incentives packed in that deal and we draft a WR in the first 3 rounds.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 319
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Up