ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 319
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:53 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I think you got that backward. These guys are 300 lbs and are being pushed on by other 300 pounders while they are digging in and putting all that pressure on the Achilles.
Jason Peters tore his Achilles twice in 2012 but played all 16 games in 2013.

It's far more serious for wide receivers and running backs than offensive lineman.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:55 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Never liked Rankin as a tackle. Thought when we got him he had a chance to be a decent guard.
He was the Chiefs best left guard in 2019, while stuck playing next to Cam Erving.

I don't understand why people want to "develop" draftees but continue to say that Rankin "sucks" because of his brief time with the Texans, as if he hasn't "developed" in the time he's been in KC.

Weird.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:56 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

It's far more serious for wide receivers and running backs than offensive lineman.

[Reply]
The Franchise 05:56 PM 02-11-2021
He was the Chiefs best left guard in 2019, while stuck playing next to Cam Erving.

I don't understand why people want to "develop" draftees but continue to say that Rankin "sucks" because of his brief time with the Texans, as if he hasn't "developed" in the time he's been in KC.

Weird.
The only question I have is why start Allegretti at LG over Rankin this season then.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:58 PM 02-11-2021

Weird.
The guy has play 5 total games for the Chiefs. He played 5 total games for the Texans.
[Reply]
TEX 06:02 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He was drafted in 2018, and we've had him for two years.

I mean, I don't think it's fair to say that his nature is to be injured. I DO think he's proven that he's not LT material.
THAT is for certain. He was tried at RT too, but was terrible. I just know when he was in Houston, he was ALWAYS hurt. Nagging injuries. Even if he wasn't listed on the injury report, it was revealed later that he was "hurt" or "couldn't go." That's exactly what's happened to him in KC. Anyway, I suppose we'll see...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:03 PM 02-11-2021
The guy has play 5 total games for the Chiefs. He played 5 total games for the Texans.
What's the point of this post?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:06 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The only question I have is why start Allegretti at LG over Rankin this season then.
He was on the PUP list and wasn't activated until November 10th.

I have no idea if the guy is worth two shits at this point but if he can't beat out Wisniewski, Wylie or Remmers, his future doesn't look too bright.
[Reply]
TEX 06:08 PM 02-11-2021

Weird.
I get your point, and you're certainly more right around here than I am with most things... Here's why it's not weird to me when talking about THIS guy. He "sucks" to me because I saw how bad he was with the Texans. He also "sucks" to me because he's one of those guys who is never available because he can't stay healthy. He's also sucks to me because he had poor work ethic in Houston and several players flat out called him out on it. That's why I personally think he sucks. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:12 PM 02-11-2021
What's the point of this post?
Best LG but only played in 4 games. There in lies, the biggest problem dude has a huge injury problem. No one can develop when they can't play more than 4 or 5 games in a season. This is 3 years in a row. If he could not beat out the scrubs playing all over this OL he has serious troubles.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:16 PM 02-11-2021

He ruptured it twice in March and May of 2012. Coming back to play in 2013 isn't all that remarkable considering that's well over a year of rehab time.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:18 PM 02-11-2021
Best LG but only played in 4 games. There in lies, the biggest problem dude has a huge injury problem. No one can develop when they can't play more than 4 or 5 games in a season. This is 3 years in a row. If he could not beat out the scrubs playing all over this OL he has serious troubles.
He started 5 games at Left Guard in 2019 and started 1 game at Left Tackle in 2020, against the Chargers.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:19 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He ruptured it twice in March and May of 2012. Coming back to play in 2013 isn't all that remarkable considering that's well over a year of rehab time.
It's contrary to what some people are saying about recovery and performance after an Achilles tear because the guy is still in the league at age 39.

Fisher will be fine.
[Reply]
penguinz 06:46 PM 02-11-2021
I think you got that backward. These guys are 300 lbs and are being pushed on by other 300 pounders while they are digging in and putting all that pressure on the Achilles.
Seriously, :-) , I have experience with this injury. I know what I am talking about.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:47 PM 02-11-2021
You’re absolutely wrong about this.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 319
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Up