ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 56
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
lcarus 06:27 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The only place in my entire town is Wally World, but the problem is they're almost always cleaned out, as in not a single box or pack for sale... the rumor is that the card distributor is cutting deals with card flippers (people just in it to make money) and telling them the day and time they're delivering product so those assholes can be right there and clean them up before anyone else gets a shot at them

Back in the 90's sports card stores were everywhere, but they're like finding a unicorn these days as far as I can tell

Seems like the best bet these days is to buy unopened boxes online, but even that scares me a little bit... theres so much money in it right now that I wouldn't put ANYTHING past people

As in going through the packs for the top cards, then resealing the box and individual packs

I love the hobby and will always buy cards, but not like in the 90's... too many of my best cards (cards supposedly worth $100 or better) from that era eventually tanked HARD and arent worth anything more than $5-20 these days
Yeah my Walmarts and Targets don't have shit for sports cards. Only bullshit like Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon type of stuff. The only sports cards I see are these giant packs of "random assortments" of what I'm sure is crapola.

In the 90s I collected mainly basketball cards. I have a metric ton of Shaq and Penny rookies and cards from that era. A few Jordans that aren't worth much. But my all time favorites were the Fleer Ultra X-Men cards. I wasn't even really into comics but I got to collecting those and they're just beautiful cards. I still have nearly the whole set.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:54 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I love autograph 8x10 pictures. That's my collection hobby.
I like this idea and only have a few, but would like more. Where do you purchase these?
[Reply]
lewdog 06:54 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I love autograph 8x10 pictures. That's my collection hobby.
I like this idea and only have a few, but would like more. Where do you purchase these?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:02 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Just like sportscards. Ebay.

Ebay dominates the sports collectible marketplace.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:18 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Ebay but have to be careful. If you want true authentic Sports Memorabilia.com but prices are higher. Depends what you want and can live with.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:04 AM 02-01-2021
We've got a new record sale of a Mahomes rookie. The card below sold tonight in the latest Goldin auction.

Just thought I'd throw in a small win for me. A card autographed by Kobe, Lebron, and Jordan, not exactly the same, but similar to mine and graded a BGS 6 sold for almost $149k....mine is a BGS 9. I'm seriously thinking about moving mine. I had no clue when I bought it in 2013, that it would be able to completely get me out of debt in just 7 years.

[Reply]
tatorhog 09:34 AM 02-01-2021
geez, and here I thought I was doing good with my prizm Mahomes rookie. Man, 861K?

I just don't understand the giant upswing in all things sports card. Even junk wax stuff is bringing coin.
[Reply]
Valiant 09:38 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Tracy Hackler with Panini addressed the retail issue recently and it sounds they are taking the issue seriously that may result in changes with how they demand their retail products be sold. He encourages people to report those retail supply issues with Panini directly. Find out who supplies the cards to Walmart from their manager. It will probably be a company like MJHolding or some such. Then make a complaint to Panini. I guess some people have been fired over it within the distributors. You can find what he says about it here.

I agree on retail though. I hate adults who take every damn thing off the shelf. The price point of retail is meant for children to be able to afford the hobby. Then you have jackasses that come in and take every damn Prizm or whatever it may be blaster for $20 then turn around and put them up on ebay for 40-80. I have nothing against some one making a profit, but limits need to be set per purchase and times of distribution needs to be published so the look of impropriety is lessened.

Have you every thought of putting in a ebay search and see who is seliing retail items for profit in your area? You can search in a ebay search for listings close to you. It might help you find out if there are being flipped, or your days are off and just missing out. Might be wise to just state your case to your local walmart manager and maybe you can find out when the distributor delivers. My local walmart it is on Weds and Thurs and 11:30am.
He is lying out his ass. They are pissed because they are not getting any of the cut.

Panini sells vast quantity to resellers off their website. They do not stop botters or limit most sales. They also price most of the market out directly.

Topps or upper deck need to be allowed to make football and see if we get better prices
[Reply]
Valiant 09:42 AM 02-01-2021
There is a sports card warehouse in liberty that doesn't try and rip you off like some cards store. He is always cheaper than other places I have visited. He also just got a bunch of mahomes rookies. But most are already graded. Probably 4 figures for those each.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:46 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
We've got a new record sale of a Mahomes rookie. The card below sold tonight in the latest Goldin auction.

Just thought I'd throw in a small win for me. A card autographed by Kobe, Lebron, and Jordan, not exactly the same, but similar to mine and graded a BGS 6 sold for almost $149k....mine is a BGS 9. I'm seriously thinking about moving mine. I had no clue when I bought it in 2013, that it would be able to completely get me out of debt in just 7 years.

Holy shit!
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:51 PM 02-01-2021
Its gotten so fucking bad around here its insane, you absolutely CANNOT find any cards at all... the only way I can get any cards, is to drive 30 miles to a little place that only sells the top drawer stuff that sells for a MINIMUM of $700 a box

Its so bad that I'm considering setting up a fake card store account with Panini so I can order factory direct... I absolutely hate these gangsters ruining the hobby, motherfuck Panini
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:27 PM 02-01-2021

[Reply]
Easy 6 02-01-2021, 07:29 PM
This message has been deleted by Easy 6.
Easy 6 07:29 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Exhibit A of everything wrong with this hobby... its a gangster racket between these shitass flippers inflating the market, and Panini

The market stranglehold Panini has must be broken
[Reply]
Stryker 07:47 PM 02-01-2021

Jesus Christ! I would never even consider spending that kind of $$$$$ on a damn football card! So many other items to purchase for way less and probably better. Wow!
[Reply]
Stryker 07:49 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Jesus Christ! I would never even consider spending that kind of $$$$$ on a damn football card! So many other items to purchase for way less and probably better. Wow!
Consider game worn items like cleats, jerseys or footballs.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:21 PM 02-01-2021

I'd sell that thing now while Kobes on everyone's mind. Mind posting a pic of yours? Do you know the pop of your card? Id go through an auction house with it if you decide to sell. Lots of sketchy shit people can do on eBay. I bet you could get 200k easy.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 56
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up