ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 153
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
ScareCrowe 09:30 AM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
True. Thought about that after I posted. Still, right now, it's mainly just memes printed on t-shirts, and not even good memes.
Yeah they're definitely missing a nice t-shirt/poster market. Action figures, stuffed toys, etc other than maybe big eyes I'm not sure there'd be a noticeable difference, although some people will still want to buy one that says "baby Yoda" on the box.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:06 PM 12-06-2019
https://www.shopdisney.com/search?q=...a&lang=default

Behold!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:10 PM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
https://www.shopdisney.com/search?q=...a&lang=default

Behold!

I posted that a couple days ago when it was preorder so I’m surprised it’s still only preorder for the real merchandise. If your thinking about gifts I wonder how many people would rely on those given it’s no guarantee when you will get them.

I just checked on the stuffed toy and it says they expect it to be ready in April. Very odd for them to not have these ready to go for Christmas.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:58 PM 12-06-2019
So Jerri Blank took Vo-Tech?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:33 PM 12-06-2019
Oh, and if you were wondering where that double-crossing Guild aspirant got his Guido charm. . . . That's Bobby Cannavale's son.
[Reply]
Bump 12-06-2019, 05:26 PM
This message has been deleted by Bump.
Hammock Parties 02:25 AM 12-07-2019
HOLY SHIT that opening space battle was pure fucking boba fett

TIGHT DICK PLAYA
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:31 AM 12-07-2019
god this is pure star wars boner

MOS EISLEY SPACEPORT
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:34 AM 12-07-2019
THE CANTINA

MY GOD
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:10 AM 12-07-2019
automation, it is a bitch

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:23 AM 12-07-2019
My only quibble, and it's minor and simply based on the laws of series guest stars, as soon as Fennic was shown to be played by Ming-Na, you knew the episode would return to the desert to show she wasn't actually dead.

Kind of like when the major star is interviewed and 'ruled out' as a suspect early in an episode on Law and Order.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:35 AM 12-14-2019
Cool episode. Damn, I love this show.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:33 AM 12-14-2019
Yeah, Chapter 6 was the best entry so far, IMO.

It was great to see Clancy Brown in the Star Wars Galaxy again but I’d really like to see him as a Dark Side user or a Sith Lord.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:44 AM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
FWIW, I heard from a very reliable source last night that the budget increased $5 million per episode for Season 2 of The Mandalorian (Season 1 clocked in at $15 million per).

So now, it'll be in the neighborhood of $20 million per episode, which puts it among the most expensive per episode series of all time.
GOT thrones spent $100 million. Amazon is spending $1 BILLION for 5 seasons of LOTR TV reboot.

Disney could have spent more money and fleshed out the story in the episodes, made the episodes longer.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:34 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, Chapter 6 was the best entry so far, IMO.

It was great to see Clancy Brown in the Star Wars Galaxy again but I’d really like to see him as a Dark Side user or a Sith Lord.
Yea, i was wondering if that was him. Cool character.

Love all the practical makeup stuff.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:26 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
GOT thrones spent $100 million.
HBO spent $10-12 million per episode on GoT.

Disney spent $15 million per episode on The Mandalorian Season 1 and from my understanding, they're spending $20 million per episode on Season 2.

Amazon is spending $1 BILLION for 5 seasons of LOTR TV reboot.
Amazon spent $250 million just for the rights to the LOTR prequel series and they're spending approximately $150 million per season, which is not far off from The Mandalorian.

Disney could have spent more money and fleshed out the story in the episodes, made the episodes longer.
Sure, they could have spent more money per episode but to what end? Visually, this series is on par with Rogue One and Episodes VII and VIII, meaning it's the best of the best in terms of VFX.

I may be in the minority but so far, I haven't felt like the episodes needed to be longer in order to tell each story. Longer episodes for the sole purpose of longer episodes doesn't make much sense unless the story or narrative calls for additional time.

I'd prefer more "Chapters" as opposed to longer episodes. 12-15 Chapters per season clocking in at 35-40 minutes would be ideal, IMO.

Maybe they'll get there at some point.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 153
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up