ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 28
« First < 172324252627 28 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign former Bills Punter Matt Araiza
wazu 02:06 PM 02-22-2024

A big development in KC: Chiefs are signing former Bills punter Matt Araiza, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 22, 2024

[Reply]
LagunaSWana 02:55 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
You really need to adjust your viewed posts per page.

User CP/edit options/thread display options/number of posts to show per page.

The max is 80.

You're welcome.
I did that a while ago and changed it back. Just prefer it with less posts per page.
[Reply]
KCDC 03:20 PM 02-26-2024
Townsend may have cost us $6 million. We save $5 M cap space and get a potentially better punter. Great move.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:51 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Personally can't stand AHPKC. Maybe I need to give them another try.
Yeah, I tried to give them a listen a couple times and I'm just sitting there like "who are these dildoes and why should I give a shit what they have to say?"

Eh.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:53 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana:
I did that a while ago and changed it back. Just prefer it with less posts per page.
Fair enough. Personally if I'm perusing a long thread I'd rather click five times instead of 20.
[Reply]
DJay23 03:58 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I tried to give them a listen a couple times and I'm just sitting there like "who are these dildoes and why should I give a shit what they have to say?"

Eh.
I gave them a try when they came to KCSN. I liked them at first. Then when the playoffs rolled around I realized they don't really talk X's and O's, they just break down statistics. So they for both the Ravens and 49ers games, they were raining doom and gloom about how much better those teams were statistically. They don't claim to be experts (hence Amateur Hour) but damn that was depressing.

Meanwhile the lab guys are looking at matchups and schemes and seeing specific places the Chiefs could take advantage. They see where the path to victory is, acknowledge the statistics, but point to what built those statistics.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:40 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Eh.
And yet you're here on CP...

via GIPHY

[Reply]
suzzer99 05:31 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
AHPKC is almost a different genre from all these others to me. The other podcasts seem like they're trying to come across as experts of one sort or another. The AHPKC guys are unapologetically just fans. They pay a little closer attention and do a little more homework than the masses. They're generally PRETTY rational, and they have their pulse on the fanbase to know what people are interested in discussing. But beyond that, it's about what I'd expect if we took a couple of our more astute CP posters and put a microphone in front of them.

Whether you find value in that is the question. I generally find them to be an easy listen.
Yeah this is why I like them. Sometimes you just want to revel in the game with other fans. By their own admission they're more of a review show than a preview show.

Their shows are usually about 45 minutes, which is about what OWG would be if you just took the content and stripped out all the grab-assery.

They're also the ones who looked at team DVOA in Tom Brady's championship seasons with the Pats, and found it wasn't correlated much at all with the Patriot's top regular season DVOA over those 17 years. I thought that was really interesting.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:53 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
I'd be fine with replacing Butker with a cheap option if his body of work was regular season only. That is, I can live with saving precious $ to give up a career 90% guy for someone who's, what, 85%, and is definitely gonna miss a few that Butker hits.

But his playoff resume these last handful of years makes him absolutely irreplaceable. He's hit EVERY kick we needed him to in so many big moments that wouldn't BE big moments if not for him - like the 13 seconds game. That was no chip shot. The crazy thing is, they were mostly afterthoughts before the kick and after he nailed it. I think that speaks to how valuable he is. Similar to Tucker, where people would be shocked if they miss, and Tucker hasn't done it like Butt in the playoffs year after year.
Until we get our offense "CRUISING AGAIN" you pay the man, PERIOD!!
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 05:58 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Fair enough. Personally if I'm perusing a long thread I'd rather click five times instead of 20.
Honestly, I usually start with Last Page and if I'm still interested, then I click back a page or two. Don't have the time to read as much as I might otherwise.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:26 PM 02-26-2024
Interestingly, looks like Brisco is leaving 810.

Personal news!
Thank you so much for listening. pic.twitter.com/uyg5OfyAhU

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) February 27, 2024

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:20 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Until we get our offense "CRUISING AGAIN" you pay the man, PERIOD!!
In my opinion, even after the offense gets cruising again you pay him. He's more than earned it and what he does is extremely important to the Chiefs success. I know a kicker is not a sexy or valuable position but in this case it is. Like most NFL dynasties Chiefs tend to win a lot of close games, especially in the playoffs, so Butker is worth the money he will be paid. It's not like the Chiefs have to break the bank to pay the guy. Look at the last Bills playoff game we had, you think Butler misses that clutch FG kick like the Bills kicker did?

Now if the Chiefs were a team rebuilding and not a constant SB favorite/contender I think then you let him go. But this isn't the case with our situation.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:47 AM 02-27-2024
A 400 post thread dedicated to a punter used to be a sign of how bad things really were, now it’s a sign of just how good we actually have it.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:08 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
A 400 post thread dedicated to a punter used to be a sign of how bad things really were, now it’s a sign of just how good we actually have it.
For sure.

We are all blessed to be Chief fans. As we know it wasn't always like this and I'm sure it won't be once Mahomes/Reid leave. So we have to enjoy this era as much as we can and not take it for granted.

GO KC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:21 AM 02-27-2024
Interestingly, looks like Brisco is leaving 810.

Huh. I wonder who's going to do the Chiefs postgame show next season. Please not Adam Drovetta.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 AM 02-27-2024
And yet you're here on CP...

via GIPHY

True.

But only because I know who these dildoes are...
[Reply]
Page 27 of 28
« First < 172324252627 28 >
Up