ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 28
« First < 152122232425 262728 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign former Bills Punter Matt Araiza
wazu 02:06 PM 02-22-2024

A big development in KC: Chiefs are signing former Bills punter Matt Araiza, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 22, 2024

[Reply]
DJay23 11:47 PM 02-24-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The cult followers either weren’t commenting at all (wisely) or posting something like “I love you guys, but I have to disagree because…”.

More casual listeners were brutal. Hopefully those comments haven’t been suppressed.
If nothing else the commentary on the video motivates me to tune in to the next episode to see if there is a mea culpa, or to find out what the guy with an actual law degree has to say about all of it.

Then I'm probably done listening to them at least until football season starts again.
[Reply]
Stryker 01:33 AM 02-25-2024
People please, we have Buttkicker and now Matt Ariaza? Really? This is HAPPENING! Accept it! We just got better on special teams for the win!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:35 AM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
this team next year is going to be like the globetrotters against the generals...

the stars are aligned :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:25 AM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
this team next year is going to be like the globetrotters against the generals...

the stars are aligned :-)
A Patrick Mahomes led Chiefs team is like a singularity in space and there's no escape for the opposition. The only thing they can do is put the head between their legs and kiss their asses goodbye.
[Reply]
Bump 02:41 AM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by Stryker:
People please, we have Buttkicker and now Matt Ariaza? Really? This is HAPPENING! Accept it! We just got better on special teams for the win!
I doubt we got better. Tommy T was the fucking man, especially in the most recent Superbowl.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:18 AM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
I doubt we got better. Tommy T was the fucking man, especially in the most recent Superbowl.
Have you watched the highlights?

What do you think is unlikely to translate?

(We can even put aside the fact that the real trade off is Araiza + 3mm/4mm of cap room per over the next 4yrs vs Townsend.)
[Reply]
SD15 04:41 AM 02-25-2024
So now we have Punt God & QB God and TE God

[Reply]
ping2000 05:10 AM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by SD15:
So now we have Punt God & QB God and TE God

And Kicker God. Butker is nails.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:59 PM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
Umm... he was our starting punter, I'll give him that.

The man? No. Not at all. Not even close. No.

No.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:31 PM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It sounds to me like they believe Araiza wasn’t charged but probably committed the crime anyway. So they’re still going to hold it against him.

I might be on board with that, except that all the evidence shows Araiza wasn’t even in the house. It’s not like there just wasn’t enough evidence. As far as we know, the evidence proves he’s innocent.
He should have kept his defamation suit, but I get it. He wants to get this behind him as quick as possible so he can earn money to play football.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:33 PM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Have you watched the highlights?

What do you think is unlikely to translate?

(We can even put aside the fact that the real trade off is Araiza + 3mm/4mm of cap room per over the next 4yrs vs Townsend.)
There is a real possibility Ariaza is already a Top 3 punter in the league...right now. Even if he is SLIGHTLY worse than Townsend it's a great way to save money. You don't get to be called punt god for nothing.

The only thing you worry about is holding kicks for Butker. Assuming the Chiefs are confident in his ability to do that well.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:42 PM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
There is a real possibility Ariaza is already a Top 3 punter in the league...right now. Even if he is SLIGHTLY worse than Townsend it's a great way to save money. You don't get to be called punt god for nothing.

The only thing you worry about is holding kicks for Butker. Assuming the Chiefs are confident in his ability to do that well.
Pat McAfee learned how to do it in a summer. I'm pretty sure this guy can.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:53 PM 02-25-2024
This guy is a great punter. Tommy had a great SB moment but he was
Wad bottom half in 23.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 06:21 AM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by DJay23:
I like the inside the locker room bits Taylor brings about 5 times per season, and Keysor knows X's and O's well enough. Briscoe is an obnoxious douche who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.

That podcast is good when they are actually talking about football (so only Nate and Seth), but when they are doing their ridiculous ad libs, annoying screechy voices, and going on non football tangents...yuck.
I think KC metro & pod listeners deserve better. These guys were lucky to be in the right place right time, riding a massive wave. I always felt they relied on Twitter too much initially for content. They just don’t get or understand their audience… it’s not a bunch of dudes like themselves. I’ve listened intermittently over the last year… clinching my teeth, never lasting the entire show. I was hoping they would get better over time. I read Nate’s in-season Athletic work, it’s fine, but when he’s opining… I don’t care. Guess this is as good as gets in flyover land?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:09 AM 02-26-2024
Everyone has a different opinion but I feel like Seth carries that show. Nate the insider has very little quality insider info imo. Last year he said theres absolutely no way Orlando Brown would walk. Its purely just him speculating that the Chiefs were going to run back the super bowl roster. The chiefs not only didn't bring him back but drew a firm line in the sand and were comfortable signing a late offseason tackle to replace him.

Seth carries the show imo. He's not a 10/10 but he's willing to admit hes wrong and that he fan boys for some players. Another quality host with actual football back ground would probably go a long way. A show with Craig Stout, Seth and one other person with some knowledge and the ability to move them along would probably be pretty damn good. Both of those guys will readily admit they don't know it all and that its a hobby but are willing to learn.

Brisco just irratates me because he knows jack shit about football but will just take a hard stand on stupid shit like a radio host does.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 28
« First < 152122232425 262728 >
Up