ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 28
« First < 142021222324 25262728 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign former Bills Punter Matt Araiza
wazu 02:06 PM 02-22-2024

A big development in KC: Chiefs are signing former Bills punter Matt Araiza, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 22, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:27 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I still generally like those guys, but I agree that that episode was...rough. More broadly, it feels like they've leaned into the slap-happy schtick a little too much this year (and since becoming OWG). Some episodes have just been hard to watch because they're just pure chaos. The one with Nate on radio row during Super Bowl week was a mess.
In between the radio row episode and this one was 55 minutes of shitting on Nick Bolton in between Nate openly mocking the draft nerds who love draft season and bother to inform themselves.

Ive listened to these guys since episode 1 of Times Ours but if they don't eat a great big shit sandwich on their next episode, I'm out.

This is 3 straight weeks of wholly unacceptable 'content'. It's been really, REALLY bad and honestly reflects poorly on all of KCSN if Tucker, Craig and Matt don't demand they fall on their swords next week.

If nothing else they have to stop doing this live. They clearly aren't equipped for it.
[Reply]
TEX 07:33 PM 02-23-2024
Gaining huge advantages in the pros where everyone is elite is very difficult. This means that acquiring players to gain as many edges as possible, no matter how slight, is very important. This is a good signing for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:34 PM 02-23-2024
Even reddit seems to be glad he's getting a shot even though it's with the Chiefs. Though we'll never know for sure, the evidence sure seems to suggest he didn't do anything wrong beyond being a horny college guy and not carding his hookup.
I’d be astonished if he was the only player on the team guilty of this at some point
[Reply]
Stryker 11:22 PM 02-23-2024
Tommy T. Thank you! You got 2 SB rings now get paid else where! BYE! :-)
[Reply]
Stryker 11:27 PM 02-23-2024
Good bye Tommy Townsend and hello Matt Araiza :-)

Here is what we are getting for the future minus T. Townsend who reaches for $$$$$ Oh he tackles too?

[Reply]
suzzer99 11:48 PM 02-23-2024
I just had a weird hallucination as I was scrolling this thread that fans of a team that always makes deep runs in the playoffs, who lived through the kicker who shall remain nameless, and a bunch of other playoff kicking mishaps, were considering the idea of getting rid of one of the most clutch postseason kickers of all time to save a few bucks.

I need to lie down now until the swamp vapors pass.
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:49 PM 02-23-2024
this team next year is going to be like the globetrotters against the generals...

the stars are aligned :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:53 PM 02-23-2024
Even reddit seems to be glad he's getting a shot even though it's with the Chiefs. Though we'll never know for sure, the evidence sure seems to suggest he didn't do anything wrong beyond being a horny college guy and not carding his hookup.
Even ultra-woke Around the Horn was supportive of Araiza getting another chance.

I agree with the other posters about Times Ours/Only Weird games. I used to love that show, and still really like all those guys as they seem like good dudes. But the signal to noise ratio has gotten worse and worse. One 45 minute show a week in the off-season would be enough.

They need to learn that a little goes a long way on stuff like Seth getting sidetracked, laughing at each other w/o saying anything, Nate's bits where no one knows where he's going and it just goes on and on and on, etc.

And wtf Brisco, leave Bolton alone. The dude's a great player. Remember when you were apoplectic about us letting Bashaud Breeland go? And Fenton to a lesser degree? Looks like the team knew what they were doing. I trust the coaches if they tell us Bolton is doing a ton of little things that set the other players up for success.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:24 AM 02-24-2024
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
The Bills will eventually beat the Chiefs at least once in the postseason. They will fall into a 3 year comma immediately
Better than a three year period!
[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:53 AM 02-24-2024
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
So what's his argument? That a mere accusation is sufficient to blackball somebody?
That’s pretty much it. “Well, there are questions still…”

What ****ing questions? The guy was cleared.
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:50 PM 02-24-2024
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
That’s pretty much it. “Well, there are questions still…”

What ****ing questions? The guy was cleared.
‘The DA said that video showed Ariaza wasn’t there when these events happened so technically he was cleared but still…”

Really?!?

How about this: “A bank teller sued Nate Taylor for emotional distress and putting a gun in her face when he robbed the bank with Chiefsaholic. The US Attorney’s office declined to prosecute because video of the robbery showed he was not there at the time so Nate Taylor has technically been cleared but questions remain.”

They also complained that this woman’s lawyer said they dropped the case because she couldn’t afford the legal fees for the counter-suit. That is a load of crap. Representing her on the counter-suit is part and parcel of representing her as a plaintiff. It’s covered by the contingency. The lawyer will keep track of fees related to that for purposes of damages if she wins the lawsuit but you don’t drop the case because of that. You drop the case because it’s a dead-bang loser and you know it. You use the “legal fees” excuse tags a way to cover your ass.

The latest episode really pissed me off. They ask how KC fans are supposed to feel when Araiza booms a punt that pins an opposing team deep in their territory? I’m going to feel great that our team can avail themselves of his services after he was falsely accused of a crime, after he’s been to hell and back.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:18 PM 02-24-2024
Po

Since he's exonerated, it gives us the excuse to use this dandy when Araiza punts
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:18 PM 02-24-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'm sure. Was anybody worried about Butker making that record breaking kick? I wasn't.

That's a guy you keep. That's a guy you pay.
Yep. As someone who lived through He who shall not be fucking named, I agree with this. Butker is money, pay the man.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:36 PM 02-24-2024
Butker can’t never leave, he’s almost as dangerous as Hill was for us. The fact he can consistently make 55+ is a difference maker
[Reply]
kccrow 08:29 PM 02-24-2024
Given the egregious history concerning Punt God, CP, and me, I'll just pop in and say good signing and leave it at that. :-)
[Reply]
Page 24 of 28
« First < 142021222324 25262728 >
Up