ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 72
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
All signs point to him being the Texans HC.
For his sake, I hope so.

That said, Cal McNair is definitely among the worst NFL owners, so if Bieniemy takes the job, it's going to be a very bumpy ride with little chance of success considering their salary cap, lack of draft choices and lack of offensive weapons for Watson.
[Reply]
frozenchief 01:51 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
No. Bieniemy just isn't as desirable a candidate as the media wants you to believe. He's the Lamar Jackson of coaching candidates.
I would not say he's the Lamar Jackson but I think he's hampered by a few things.

1. He was head coach at CU and that turned out very poorly. Having a poor start at one place, becoming a coordinator and then having a go again has worked for some coaches. Nick Saban certainly did not impress when he was at Miami but he's done really well at Alabama. So it happens. But I've read more than one article about Bienemy reference his time at CU as a potential drawback.

2. There's a belief that coordinators in Reid's system, particularly OCs, do not call their own plays. EB has said he calls some plays and Reid calls some plays and apparently Mahomes calls/suggests some plays (see "wasp"). Is that a legitimate knock? Probably not, but that rumor is out there.

3. I have also heard that Bienemy has not interviewed well. I have no idea what that means, but that rumor is out there. I wonder if the interviews could be affected by Bienemy being distracted because he is in the playoffs (see below) or chemistry with interviewers or something else. I don't know.

4. The last 3 years, KC has been in the AFCCG, which means that EB has been focusing on game plans. He had to get a dispensation from the NFL to interview with the Texans. I would expect that if a team is interested in a candidate, they speak to the candidate more than once. EB's availability as a playoff coach would be a problem. Amy Trask recently wrote in the Athletic that the NFL would do well to move the start of the NFL back about 4 weeks that would better allow coordinators and other potential candidates from playoff teams to interview.

My guess is that these four factors combine to put EB at a disadvantage in interviews and thus affect his being hired.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:51 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
For his sake, I hope so.

That said, Cal McNair is definitely among the worst NFL owners, so if Bieniemy takes the job, it's going to be a very bumpy ride with little chance of success, considering their salary cap, lack of draft choices and lack of offensive weapons for Watson.
Yea it’s not a great situation by any means, but as long as it makes Watson happy, he has a shot.

I just want those comp picks and to keep Kafka around....
[Reply]
RunKC 01:52 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
All signs point to him being the Texans HC.

If it were going to be anybody else, it would likely be done by now. There are only 2 candidates left in the playoffs, so unless it’s Frazier, which seems unlikely, it’s going to be EB.

There’s a reason things have gotten quiet ever since their interview with him and a report came out saying Kafka was staying (even though he was a candidate for the Seahawks OC position that hasn’t been filled yet).
God I hope not. Can you imagine working with Patriot fucks trying to make that roster the Patriot way? And you know for damn sure they won’t listen to anyone else that’s not a Patriot mouthpiece.

I can’t see EB going there. It would be a sympathy hire only to try to keep Watson.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:54 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
*The media and Mahomes.

Our QB seems to love Bieniemy and is constantly saying how much he's helped him get to where he is currently.

It's amazing that I see so many of you guys hating on a Chief. You should want him to get hired for no other reason that we get picks for it. But go ahead and stay bitter and constantly shit on one of our guys.
Good grief, the point I was making isn't that he's undeserving, it's that the media has over hyped him to a ridiculous degree and set some unrealistic expectations. Most had him pegged as the #1 overall candidate going into this hiring cycle which clearly just wasn't the case
[Reply]
staylor26 01:54 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
God I hope not. Can you imagine working with Patriot fucks trying to make that roster the Patriot way? And you know for damn sure they won’t listen to anyone else that’s not a Patriot mouthpiece.

I can’t see EB going there. It would be a sympathy hire only to try to keep Watson.
Reports are that EB wants partial personnel control. I don’t think he’s taking the job to sit back and not have any say in personnel.
[Reply]
wazu 01:56 PM 01-21-2021
EB interviewing for a job.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:59 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
EB interviewing for a job.

I just can't believe that "interviewed poorly" shit anymore after the Lions hired a literal mongoloid as their head coach.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:00 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Bieniemy has interviewed with more than a dozen teams in the past year, all of which have passed on him to hire younger and less impressive coaches, at least in terms of accomplishments.

No one on CP is rooting against another team hiring Bieniemy but it's certainly looking like he's not going to nab a head coaching gig this year, unless the dumpster fire knowns as the Texans make him an offer.
He has issues. I agree there. I get what happened at CU was terrible, but the HC imo should bare the cross for that-not EB. As to the thing with the parking lot girl (I think that's what it was), I've seen much worse in the NFL.

If he is really interviewing that badly then he needs to fire his agent immediately. Any smart agent would be calling these teams and asking "what did he do that's wrong and how can he improve?" If he still is bumbling interviews, there's a ton of companies that can help him get through it as well. Not even mentioning that Andy and Veach would help him smooth out any rough spots.

I don't think it's a color thing (at least I hope not) but as great as Andy is, I don't think EB is just sitting around 1 Arrowhead playing Madden or NBA2k all day either. He's a important part of this offense and as such can be a huge pick-up for another team.

As to the Texans, ya that job isn't exactly the best but there's only 32 available and if he talks Watson into staying-it gets exceedingly better.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:05 PM 01-21-2021
Lol so another non black assistant WHO DOESN'T CALL PLAYS got a hc job in the nfl? What a surprise :-) . And has anyone seen Dan Campbell's press conference for the Lions? Lol it was a complete joke and yet that man got a job ahead of EB!!!..and for SIX YEARS!!..It's pathetic.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:05 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Wut? Sirianni has never been an OL coach, assistant or otherwise.
Yeah, that was a mistake. I should've put OC, was gonna delete it but just figured I'd wait till someone called me out on that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:11 PM 01-21-2021

Another great line from Dan Campbell: When you come in here, you're going to get beat up. I'm talking about the team. Not the city. Tourists are welcome.

— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) January 21, 2021

:-) Someone earlier said the Lions hired Drax as head coach and it's scarily accurate.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:17 PM 01-21-2021

:-) Someone earlier said the Lions hired Drax as head coach and it's scarily accurate.
:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:45 PM 01-21-2021
Maybe his agents are incompetent buffoons. Remember this tweet?

On MLK Day...the @NFL should be ashamed that...at this point with only 2 jobs remaining (one after Eagles hire JM) ... zero black coach hires or even 2nd interviews. No coaches coaching in conference championship games are currently connected to either of these 2 jobs.

— Goal Line Football (@GoalineFootball) January 18, 2021

IIRC, Bieniemy never ended up interviewing with the Eagles despite their interest, and they hired Nick Sirianni today.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:52 PM 01-21-2021
Maybe his agents are incompetent buffoons. Remember this tweet?

IIRC, Bieniemy never ended up interviewing with the Eagles despite their interest, and they hired Nick Sirianni today.
I would assume the Eagles are trying to get away from the Reid tree now so it makes sense.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 72
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Up