ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 68
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Media Center>Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film
tk13 10:44 PM 10-04-2010
http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter....medium=twitter

Nolan and Zack Snyder, definitely an interesting team. There are already rumors now that Zod is going to be the villain.

I have to say I'm excited that it "appears" they aren't going to go totally out of left field and do something stupid and out of character for Superman.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:04 AM 06-19-2013
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Setsuna 01:49 PM 06-19-2013
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:02 PM 06-19-2013
Just saw it and must say I thought it was pretty good. I didn't have near as much issue with the pacing or flashbacks as it appears many of you did.

The most important thing they did for me in this film was make a Superman/Clark Kent that I could actually like. I really can't stand the character in any incarnation, be it the comics or cartoons; but I REALLY liked this one. I think that might have had everything to do with Cavill, though. That dude is just a stud. I felt like I really felt his emotion in the intense scenes
Spoiler!

I don't really feel like typing much more at the moment but I thought pretty much every character was well-acted, particularly Jor-El and Zod. The action scenes were top-notch also. I'd definitely recommend the movie.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:04 PM 06-19-2013
After seeing Man of Steel, Green Lantern, and the Dark Knight trilogy, how useless will Batman be to the Justice League? :-)
[Reply]
007 05:24 PM 06-19-2013
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
After seeing Man of Steel, Green Lantern, and the Dark Knight trilogy, how useless will Batman be to the Justice League? :-)
as useless as he always should be. :-) Don't forget Wonder Woman. wonder who will play that part.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:35 PM 06-19-2013
I really can't stand the character in any incarnation, be it the comics or cartoons; but I REALLY liked this one. I think that might have had everything to do with Cavill, though. That dude is just a stud.
This is where I'm at. I hated the boy scout character that was basically a God.

Once the story changes to a troubled guy that has his weaknesses the character is easier to relate to and more enjoyable.

I'll wait to d/l or rent but I'll definitely be checking it out...
[Reply]
DanBecky 08:03 PM 06-19-2013
I don't think I'll understand that justice league movie. I mean, how will batman be useful when you have Supes?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:28 PM 06-19-2013
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
I don't think I'll understand that justice league movie. I mean, how will batman be useful when you have Supes?
Same way Black Widow will be useful when you have The Hulk.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:55 PM 06-19-2013
Just got back from seeing this. Really enjoyed it. Don't really get the critic hate on it. Nice twist to the origin story. Great cast. I like the new Superman - much better than the last stiff. At times he reminded me of Reeve. Crowe was a good Jor-El. Made me forget about his odious turn in Les Miserables. I liked Zod more as a zealot than a sneering lunatic.

Also lots of destruction in Kansas and New York - always a plus. :-)
[Reply]
007 10:09 PM 06-19-2013
Originally Posted by frazod:
Just got back from seeing this. Really enjoyed it. Don't really get the critic hate on it. Nice twist to the origin story. Great cast. I like the new Superman - much better than the last stiff. At times he reminded me of Reeve. Crowe was a good Jor-El. Made me forget about his odious turn in Les Miserables. I liked Zod more as a zealot than a sneering lunatic.

Also lots of destruction in Kansas and New York - always a plus. :-)
He was actually a good cross between Reeve and Welling.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:19 PM 06-19-2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?v=FywMOuMqNuI
[Reply]
Frazod 10:24 PM 06-19-2013
Originally Posted by Guru:
He was actually a good cross between Reeve and Welling.
Yeah, I can see that.

Never really got into Smallville.
[Reply]
007 10:27 PM 06-19-2013
Yeah, I can see that.

Never really got into Smallville.
I absolutely loved Smallville. You should give it another shot.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:30 PM 06-19-2013
Originally Posted by Guru:
I absolutely loved Smallville. You should give it another shot.
Never had anything against it - I just didn't watch it.

Between video games, the Planet, that wife person and other TV shows, I mean, there are only so many hours in the day. :-)
[Reply]
007 10:34 PM 06-19-2013
Never had anything against it - I just didn't watch it.

Between video games, the Planet, that wife person and other TV shows, I mean, there are only so many hours in the day. :-)
them women.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 68
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Up