ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 103
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****
Dante84 06:56 PM 04-26-2019

THE CALL. ��

Mecole Hardman ➡ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R6I0fBkXkS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019

New @Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman’s PFF Draft Guide page.

You can find this and more than 600 others like this at https://t.co/N7X24Lr6At, use promo code “DRAFT19” for 25% off an Edge or Elite subscription.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZklhqRhmff

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:30 PM 09-12-2022
Tyreek Hill dropped as many catchable balls yesterday as Mecole Hardman did. At least it didn't hit Hardman in the hands...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:31 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Tyreek Hill dropped as many catchable balls yesterday as Mecole Hardman did. At least it didn't hit Hardman in the hands...
Tyreek Hill is an All Pro talent that more than made up for his mistakes with his overall game. Hardman is a fucking putz that has to have shit scripted especially for him to have any sort of impact that is marginally positive on the game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:33 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
K. How about the video?
Did you ever play organized ball?

Even soccer?

Let's try this from a different POV, literally.

So now there's no benefit of stills taken at leisure from perfect angles (though that still is not a great angle), no film to rewind over and over. Now the perspective is from ground level at full speed and it's your neck at risk.

You're Hardman.

You're running full speed towards the corner when you probably notice that for some reason Fortson and a defender are running full speed towards the pylon, creating a situation where you're both going to be in the same spot at almost the same time. Possible collision.

You look back and see that the ball has been thrown. You're tracking the ball, but you're trying to also block out the idea that you might run right into two other players at or very near the catch point.

Maybe you chance a look to see if Fortson is going to slow down and shield off the defender. Maybe you don't. Time it from the moment Hardman looks back or the ball the first time.

What's that? About a half second? 3/4?

Because here's the other thing: Hardman would have to somehow know that Fortson was going to slow down and shield off the defender. Ot at least know that Fortson wasn't going to run full tilt into him.

In other words, no one tracks those two guys running down the sideline; you take a snapshot of it and make a prediction about where those guys are going to be in half a second. you glance over and then your eyes go back to the ball. That process probably takes about a quarter of a second for an NFL player.

And all of that information would need to be processed in probably under one second.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:33 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Tyreek Hill is an All Pro talent that more than made up for his mistakes with his overall game. Hardman is a fucking putz that has to have shit scripted especially for him to have any sort of impact that is marginally positive on the game.
Fucking Putz that leads all Chiefs WR in scoring...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:36 PM 09-12-2022
Fucking Putz that leads all Chiefs WR in scoring...
Tell me with a straight face that you think Hardman being scripted by Reid to engage in a mismatched footrace with a still sick Byron Murphy is impressive.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:37 PM 09-12-2022
Tell me with a straight face that you think Hardman being scripted by Reid to engage in a mismatched footrace with a still sick Byron Murphy is impressive.
It isn't impressive. I never said it was.

Typical CP, he's either a bust or an All-Pro, no in between.

Tiresome.

Bitch on. Enjoy spreading misery after a blowout win.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:37 PM 09-12-2022
Because Mahomes is a consummate professional that always shoulders the criticism, and we shouldn't expect him to drop perfect dimes into the breadbasket on every single fucking throw while not also expecting Hardman to put a bit of goddamn effort in and maybe run the route all the way through or lay out a bit to help the QB like every competent WR in the NFL can do.
When was the last time a Chiefs WR layed out to catch a ball? I can't remember anything recent.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:38 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
When was the last time a Chiefs WR layed out to catch a ball? I can't remember anything recent.
The entire offense is predicated on YAC. But yeah, just give up your body instead of trying to score.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:41 PM 09-12-2022
So, we just going to ignore he doesn't even need to lay out if he just runs the route through proper or....
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:42 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Did you ever play organized ball?
Blah blah. Just say you're cool with average WRs putting in minimal effort.

Whole game I watched Mahomes take hit after hit trying to extend plays and hit the open man and here you are telling me our scrub ass WR couldn't dive for a couple passes because he might run into a teammate lol
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:44 PM 09-12-2022
So, we just going to ignore he doesn't even need to lay out if he just runs the route through proper or....
We, and Mahomes, already said that if the ball is placed better, he catches it in stride and he scores.

If he had run the route proper, he probably scores, too.

There's plenty of fault on Hardman for that singular play but it doesn't negate all the other things he did yesterday.

It's the whole black and white, polarized mentality that exists here (and in society in general). A balanced take wouldn't be met with nearly as much resistance but there's people here who simply can't function like that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:45 PM 09-12-2022

Whole game I watched Mahomes take hit after hit trying to extend plays and hit the open man and here you are telling me our scrub ass WR couldn't dive for a couple passes because he might run into a teammate lol
This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Hardman made a mistake on ONE PLAY.

And now he's giving "minimal effort".

:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:45 PM 09-12-2022

So no, you don't have any personal experience. Thanks for being yet another Madden guru of football.

P.S. the Qb taking a hit to deliver the ball is integral to the West Coast offense since the day Bill Walsh first installed it. Deliver the ball accurately and on time, then protect yourself. That's how the offense is designed. You can look it up and everything.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:45 PM 09-12-2022
The entire offense is predicated on YAC. But yeah, just give up your body instead of trying to score.
Then people should be happy that Mecole is here and Hill is gone. Mecole had more YAC in 2021 than Hill on half the receptions.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:46 PM 09-12-2022
This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Hardman made a mistake on ONE PLAY.

And now he's giving "minimal effort".

:-)
His mistake on that play was putting in minimal effort, yes.

And then there was another overthrow from Pat later on in the game (which I also criticized Mahomes for) that Hardman also didn't dive for.

This wasn't one isolated incident.
[Reply]
Page 85 of 103
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995 > Last »
Up