ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 301
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:49 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Back a flatbed full of Budweiser and Old Crow to Dave Duncan's Tablerock Lake chalet when?
I'd give Jim Hickey a call and see how's he feeling.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:53 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Royals fans are fairweather AF
And we’ve grown 18.4% in population since 2000. That should give you a free boost right there. Economy is great too.
[Reply]
tk13 09:58 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Do you have a point you're getting to? What is the end game here with the attendance angle?
I for one cannot believe a 104 loss team is suffering a drop in attendance. It's truly mind boggling.

The funny thing is despite that the Royals had the 6th highest tv ratings last year.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:01 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Royals fans are fairweather AF
as compared to whom?
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:18 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Another 10,000 last night. Weather was nice too. Guess that excuse won’t work?
Are you going to bitch about the attendance all ****ing season long?

We're a shitty team and people aren't going to the park. What a shocker!

I guess with Escobar no longer on the team, you had to find something to gripe about.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:30 AM 04-09-2019
I think it's an interesting comparison between the Royals/Dayton Moore and the Mariners/Jerry Dipoto. The Mariners traded pretty much everyone and their mother this past offseason, compared to the slow and steady approach of Dayton Moore. The Mariners had probably as bad of a farm system as Kansas City as recently as last year, but right now they seem to have surpassed us and are near the top 10 depending on which rankings you look at. They're also off to a fast start and demolished us last night. It's not exactly an apples to apples comparison, but I can't exactly say I favor the job Moore is doing over what Dipoto has done.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:49 AM 04-09-2019

Source says #Royals will select RP Richard Lovelady from Omaha. Lovelady had a career 1.99 Minor League ERA. 9.7 K/9. Could factor into late innings w KC. Set for MLB Debut.

— Craig Mish (@CraigMish) April 9, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:52 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:

It’s happening!! Option McCarthys worthless ass down
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:01 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I think it's an interesting comparison between the Royals/Dayton Moore and the Mariners/Jerry Dipoto. The Mariners traded pretty much everyone and their mother this past offseason, compared to the slow and steady approach of Dayton Moore. The Mariners had probably as bad of a farm system as Kansas City as recently as last year, but right now they seem to have surpassed us and are near the top 10 depending on which rankings you look at. They're also off to a fast start and demolished us last night. It's not exactly an apples to apples comparison, but I can't exactly say I favor the job Moore is doing over what Dipoto has done.
The Mariners payroll is also 50% higher than the Royals. GMDM would never get the approval to bring in Edwin Encarnacion or Jay Bruce or Dee Gordon for the amounts of money they are making. Kyle Seager is making $20 mil and he's going to miss 2/3 of the season. Can you imagine GMDM going to David Glass and telling him that he was paying $27 million for one pitcher?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:03 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Are you going to bitch about the attendance all ****ing season long?

We're a shitty team and people aren't going to the park. What a shocker!

I guess with Escobar no longer on the team, you had to find something to gripe about.

We should make a new rule here that we will only discuss what you find useful. Deal?
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:08 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
We should make a new rule here that we will only discuss what you find useful. Deal?
Deal.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:17 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
The Mariners payroll is also 50% higher than the Royals. GMDM would never get the approval to bring in Edwin Encarnacion or Jay Bruce or Dee Gordon for the amounts of money they are making. Kyle Seager is making $20 mil and he's going to miss 2/3 of the season. Can you imagine GMDM going to David Glass and telling him that he was paying $27 million for one pitcher?
Fair enough. I am somewhat hopeful that the new TV contract will loosen the purse strings, but I'm also not entirely sure how much of the money Glass will actually invest back into the roster.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:58 PM 04-09-2019
Based on recent history, I think its fair to say that Glass will spend when it's time to spend. Basically when the team can prove that they can consistently be competitive w/o the spending (i.e. scouting and developing solid young major leaguers), he will add the spending to help get them over the top or to compete for a division title.

They are nowhere close to doing that with this team now. The soonest we can probably hope for is 2021 or 2022. Most of the young talent is in High A ball. At that point, Whit (assuming he's still around) and Mondi will be the 'veterans' of the team.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:11 PM 04-09-2019

It’s official, per the Royals: They have recalled Heath Filmyer and selected Richard Lovelady. Pitching assistance. Much needed. Tim Hill and Kevin McCarthy sent down.

— Alec Lewis (@alec_lewis) April 9, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:11 PM 04-09-2019
Lovelady and Fillmyer called up. McCarthy and Hill sent down
[Reply]
Page 23 of 301
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up