ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 301
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 05:55 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by Bufkin:
Right behind home player in Springfield tonight. Brady is really shaky so far. Hit the lead off guy, walked the 2nd batter, and the 3rd just advanced on catcher’s interference.
I almost went to the game tonight, but was afraid it was gonna get rained out and Singer would get pushed back to tomorrow night, the game I already have tickets for . . . . . :-)

Oh well.

They’ll be back in Springfield again at the end of June for a 4 game set. Hopefully can catch him then.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 05:58 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
@clintscoles Daniel Lynch just left in the 2nd inning, shaking his throwing arm some after he released.
:-)

That fucking sucks!
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:39 PM 06-01-2019
Is Nick Dini an actual prospect to be an MLB backup catcher? I know little of his defense...and while I know Omaha can inflate the numbers, he really seems to be contributing to that squad...to the point, Susac just doesn't see too much playing time.
[Reply]
ILChief 08:59 AM 06-02-2019
I'm kind of surprised they're this bad. I knew going in this wasn't a contender or anything, but I thought hovering within a few games of 500 and third place in the division was realistic. Looks like a fire sale is coming with only mondesi and Dozier off limits. I really like Whit and would like him to stay, but he's one of the few that would bring much. I think Gordon stays. I wonder what Soler would fetch in return.

It's time to bring Bubba up. Also, Ned needs to go after the season. It's ran it's course
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:07 AM 06-02-2019
@royalsreview: "According to a source, the Royals have started to let it be known that nearly anybody on their roster is available in a trade..." https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1134912893013676035

According to this and MLB Trade Rumors everyone except Dozier, Mondesi, and Lopez are available. I still think you listen on Dozier.

In years past i think Whit would bring a haul and a definite deal. Unsure as teams don't want to give up alot now. Also Gordon probably won't waive his no trade for any team
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:29 AM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Is Nick Dini an actual prospect to be an MLB backup catcher? I know little of his defense...and while I know Omaha can inflate the numbers, he really seems to be contributing to that squad...to the point, Susac just doesn't see too much playing time.

I’d like to see Dini as the primary backup next year and want to see him in the majors this year. He has some pop, even without the trampoline ball they’re now using at Omaha (which is the same ball they’re using in the majors, BTw).

Mebrys Viloria is also putting it together. He got off to an awful start but is hitting for average and power over the past month. When they dump Maldonado, I’d like to see Viloria get consistent MLB ABs.

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@royalsreview: "According to a source, the Royals have started to let it be known that nearly anybody on their roster is available in a trade..." https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1134912893013676035

According to this and MLB Trade Rumors everyone except Dozier, Mondesi, and Lopez are available. I still think you listen on Dozier.

In years past i think Whit would bring a haul and a definite deal. Unsure as teams don't want to give up alot now. Also Gordon probably won't waive his no trade for any team

I think they’ll listen on Merrifield but can’t see a team offering enough to move him. I mean, would you move him for a package that was something like Daniel Lynch and Khalil Lee (to use Royals prospects)?

Jake Diekman will get a nice little return.

Soler seems like a moveable piece if there’s an AL team that wants to add some cheap and controlled power.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:22 AM 06-02-2019
If we can't quickly add some pieces through trades I don't see how this rebuild doesn't drag on another 5-7 years, because we've got shit for hitting talent in the minors.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:07 PM 06-02-2019
Merrfield is so cheap should keep him unless he wants to go to some team obviously if some team gives you a super good deal
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 01:04 PM 06-02-2019
Cheslor needs to make the most of his latest trip to show so that he can become a trade piece. since we're likely settled on Dozier and have Gutierrez and Meija as well.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:05 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Merrfield is so cheap should keep him unless he wants to go to some team obviously if some team gives you a super good deal
I agree penz. Whit is just so cheap and controllable. He does everything. He's just a baseball player, man. He's the kind of guy who's going to keep grinding into his mid 30's so I think he'll still be here by the time we get good again (which could be as early as next year). When I say good, I mean .500.

I'm all in on getting rid of Soler though. He can't field. He's a DH, and that is it. Hopefully he continues to show the power.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:26 PM 06-02-2019
Royals bunt hit dynasty! Gallagher singles. Gore bunts for a base hit after showing bunt already. Hamilton bunts for a base hit after showing bunt already. Bases loaded no outs lol
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:29 PM 06-02-2019
And nothing from said bases loaded with nobody out.

Mondesi strikes out on a pitch out of the zone and Gordon caught looking at strike three . . . . Royals baseball 2019.

:-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:53 PM 06-02-2019
Emerson Hancock, the Georgia RHP who may be in line 1.1 in 2020compares favorably to Casey Mize, who was the Tigers 1.1 pick last year.

He’d be a tier ahead of guys like Singer and Lynch. Actual #1 starter potential, where those guys top out more as 2/3s.

Losing a ton of games this year while guys like Mondesi and Dozier and Duffy and Merrifield play well isn’t the end of the world to me.
[Reply]
AndChiefs 02:57 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Emerson Hancock, the Georgia RHP who may be in line 1.1 in 2020compares favorably to Casey Mize, who was the Tigers 1.1 pick last year.

He’d be a tier ahead of guys like Singer and Lynch. Actual #1 starter potential, where those guys top out more as 2/3s.

Losing a ton of games this year while guys like Mondesi and Dozier and Duffy and Merrifield play well isn’t the end of the world to me.
I don’t see how we get #1 though. Baltimore and Miami are worse despite the royals challenging them for it now.
[Reply]
DanT 02:58 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I agree penz. Whit is just so cheap and controllable. He does everything. He's just a baseball player, man. He's the kind of guy who's going to keep grinding into his mid 30's so I think he'll still be here by the time we get good again (which could be as early as next year). When I say good, I mean .500.

I'm all in on getting rid of Soler though. He can't field. He's a DH, and that is it. Hopefully he continues to show the power.
Whit needs to remember how to get the run home when there's someone on third with less than 2 outs. In the last two years, he's had 41 plate appearances with that situation (including one today) and he's gotten 8 hits and 7 sacrifices, along with 5 walks. His sOPS (comparing him to the rest of the league in that situation on OPS, with 100 being league average) is less than 55. His overall sOPS for his career is 100, thanks to a great 2017. He's been bad at getting the runner home and or producing runs in this situation these past two years and also his first year.
It's annoying to me because I think of him as a gamer and like him a lot, but he pisses me off in these situations. I realize that he hit the ball hard today in that situation. Also, overall, it's a small sample size. Still, he needs to come through more in this situation, in my opinion.

I got the data for this post from the "Splits" page at baseball-reference, https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...ear=Career&t=b Also, I realize that OPS captures more than just getting the runner home. That's why I also reported the hits and the sacrifices.
[Reply]
Page 119 of 301
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Up