ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 605 of 791
« First < 105505555595601602603604605 606607608609615655705 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:20 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
He's a physical press corner, the type Spags prefers. He might start outside in Nickel packages.
Yep.

He said he wanted to be outside. He actually played better outside, even in limited snaps, but the Bengals forced him into the slot.

This would have been the ideal situation for him - a chance to start on the outside, with Fuller in the slot.

Instead, he goes back to Cincinnati. Pretty obvious they offered him more money and the rest of it was just talk.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:20 PM 03-21-2019
Dennard back to Cincy.... oh well.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:21 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Where are you seeing this?
[Reply]
In58men 12:21 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Yep,

We’re not doing much lol

We can only hope for Tre Boston
[Reply]
In58men 12:22 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Where are you seeing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:36 PM 03-21-2019
Awfully quiet around one Arrowhead drive. We seem to be bleeding talent and not adding much. We seem to be putting a lot on the draft to address our needs.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:03 PM 03-21-2019
Get ready for a major trade that leaks a couple days before the draft and gets finalized right before or during the draft.

Veach is going to add at least 1 more big impact player.
[Reply]
In58men 01:04 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Get ready for a major trade that leaks a couple days before the draft and gets finalized right before or during the draft.

Veach is going to add at least 1 more big impact player.
Dez Bryant or Tre Boston
[Reply]
chiefforlife 01:06 PM 03-21-2019
I know this sounds crazy but Dallas cant afford Demarcus Lawrence, he has said he wont play on the Franchise Tag so they may be willing to trade him for whatever they can get. Maybe the second rounder we got for Ford next year?

That would be a Veach move for sure!!
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:07 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Awfully quiet around one Arrowhead drive. We seem to be bleeding talent and not adding much. We seem to be putting a lot on the draft to address our needs.
There is before the draft and there is after the draft. You want to be rather solid across the board in order to have flexibility at the draft but you also want to see what positions you draft (especially early) in order to finalize the roster with maybe a trade or adding a few more free agents.

This team could use improvement at pretty much every position on defense and at TE and C/G but at the same time, going into the draft, there is no glaring need other than maybe another CB and arguably a passrusher. Ward for me needs to be the #4 CB to start the season and the DE are too much of an unknown as far as passrushing goes.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:10 PM 03-21-2019
I know this sounds crazy but Dallas cant afford Demarcus Lawrence, he has said he wont play on the Franchise Tag so they may be willing to trade him for whatever they can get. Maybe the second rounder we got for Ford next year?

Your about 30 pages late on the lawrence circle jerk.
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:11 PM 03-21-2019

First of all, it would cost more than that 2020 2nd round pick and then Lawrence is going to command a monster contract.

So no, quite simply.

I don't know what will happen with Hill though.

And what Veach is going to do is he is going to draft a passrusher early in that supposedly very strong draft at the Dline position.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:15 PM 03-21-2019

I doubt it.

BUT, if you look at trade value-
If Lawrence sits and he walks next year, they get a #3 comp pick, isn't that correct?
So next year's #2>#3 comp. Although they consider value a round lower if it's next year value-wise.
One of this year's #2> next year's #2.

I'd totally do that. I doubt the 'Boys let him go though, I would bet anything they get a deal done.

AND I think Veach is planning on re-loading in the draft with vet stopgaps in FA, not huge deal guys. Which, with the Jones/Hill/Mahomes extensions all coming up is the smart play.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:16 PM 03-21-2019
Adding Cinci to my list of teams I want destroyed.
[Reply]
O.city 01:18 PM 03-21-2019
If the Cowboys are gonna sign Lawrence, they're gonna have to let someone else go in the future.

I'd call them about Byron Jones.
[Reply]
Page 605 of 791
« First < 105505555595601602603604605 606607608609615655705 > Last »
Up