ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 455 of 791
« First < 355405445451452453454455 456457458459465505555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:04 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Ogbah is a rotational DE. Think Speaks last season. Little upside as a pass rusher, satisfactory against the run. I ask Cleveland for picks only. We don't need someone else's trash.
We fucking need rotational players on this defense.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:08 AM 03-13-2019
Ogbah is a rotational DE. Think Speaks last season. Little upside as a pass rusher, satisfactory against the run. I ask Cleveland for picks only. We don't need someone else's trash.
-13 sacks in 3 years
-he’s young
-contract year for him
-he cost peanuts for us

This is the type of move to make. Need some rotational depth. Good fit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:08 AM 03-13-2019
They have to take Berry as part of the deal and free us of that cap liability.

I think he's a little better than he demonstrated this year. If you get him back to his 2017 form, get 16 games from him and see a little development from there rather than what I saw as a bit of a regression, you could have a guy who's good for 8 sacks and maybe an additional 20-25 total pressures.

That's a solid player and more than I expect from Speaks. Gotta see some projection there but I liked him in the draft and think there's more to him than he's shown.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-)

Look at the guys Anthony Lynn signs to be back ups. I feel like he really wants something there in that QB room, and Rivers aint it.

Cardale Jones....

Geno Smith....

Tyrod Taylor....
Too white?

Yeah, I went there. LOL
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:10 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They have to take Berry as part of the deal and free us of that cap liability.

I think he's a little better than he demonstrated this year. If you get him back to his 2017 form, get 16 games from him and see a little development from there rather than what I saw as a bit of a regression, you could have a guy who's good for 8 sacks and maybe an additional 20-25 total pressures.

That's a solid player and more than I expect from Speaks. Gotta see some projection there but I liked him in the draft and think there's more to him than he's shown.
Yeah, that's where I'm at. Ogbah would be a nice rotational guy but I'm really only high on him if it's a player swap for Berry.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 11:10 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-)

Look at the guys Anthony Lynn signs to be back ups. I feel like he really wants something there in that QB room, and Rivers aint it.

Cardale Jones....

Geno Smith....

Tyrod Taylor....
Ahh, I get what you’re saying... they’re not Mormon.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:10 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Too white?

Yeah, I went there. LOL
I'm just sayin'....they had a moment there when they were seriously touting Cardale Jones as the legitimate heir to Phillip Rivers...

There seems to be some definite "forcing" going on there behind Rivers.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:10 AM 03-13-2019
Wonder if we could pull Ogbah and a pick. Nothing high obviously.
[Reply]
loochy 11:11 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Wonder if we could pull Ogbah and a pick. Nothing high obviously.
...except for the GM on the other side that would actually make that trade
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:11 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
-13 sacks in 3 years
-he’s young
-contract year for him
-he cost peanuts for us

This is the type of move to make. Need some rotational depth. Good fit.
I'm not worried about Ogbah necessarily coming here and not filling a role. What bothers me more is the overall cost in moving Berry pre-June 1st in the trade. Chiefs eat a lot of money, the Browns do not. I can't see draft compensation being significant what so ever.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:13 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We fucking need rotational players on this defense.
We need EVERYTHING on this defense.

Look at it, there's nothing there, lol.

It's a skeleton of a defensive unit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:14 AM 03-13-2019
I'm not worried about Ogbah necessarily coming here and not filling a role. What bothers me more is the overall cost in moving Berry pre-June 1st in the trade. Chiefs eat a lot of money, the Browns do not. I can't see draft compensation being significant what so ever.
Gaining $4.5 million in cap space in '19 and another $8 million in cap space in '20 is massive.

Again - the Chiefs are eating that money either way. This way they'd eat a ton less of it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:15 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Gaining $4.5 million in cap space in '19 and another $8 million in cap space in '20 is massive.

Again - the Chiefs are eating that money either way. This way they'd eat a ton less of it.
Exactly.

They're going to eat Berry's money. Trading him just makes it taste a little better.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:15 AM 03-13-2019
Berrys gonna be back next year :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:27 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Berrys gonna be back next year :-)
FUCK OFF!
[Reply]
Page 455 of 791
« First < 355405445451452453454455 456457458459465505555 > Last »
Up