ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 101
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2018-19 NHL Season Thread***
Gadzooks 02:44 PM 10-03-2018
The puck drops tonight!!!

Originally Posted by DaFace:
Join My League in the 2019 NHL Bracket Contest!

1. Create a bracket here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/
2. Copy your secret edit link, and then paste it here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/join/c7vjprb3

You can check out the league members & results here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/r4sb7

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:04 PM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Jefferson City is a deep part of the problem, they seem to take care of STL first. Change that and a lot of other things change.
You think the vast majority of the 'FUCK SAINT LOUIS!!!!' crowd knows thing 1 about state politics?

C'mon - you're giving people far too much credit. For a very small subset there may be something to that, but the vast majority of people who still engage in this rivalry couldn't tell you who the damn governor is, let alone how policy decisions impact the respective major metro areas.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:09 PM 06-04-2019
About to place a $1200 bet on the Blues to win Game 5.

Well, basically.

Was given the green light by Mrs. OTW to go to Game 6. If I wait until they win Thursday night, the ticket might cost $2k. Or, if I wait and they lose - I save $1200.

Or, I buy now and if they win G5 I'm in the door at the cheapest price to see a potential Cup Skate...
[Reply]
DaFace 04:10 PM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I haven't worked in the STL area nearly as much over the last several years, but I used to spend several days a month down there and yeah, this is a KC thing.

Just as the Chicago/STL rivalry is an STL thing. And for the same reasons.

Why KC worries about STL is just beyond me. You're absolutely right - KC is BETTER than STL virtually across the board at this point. Yet they still act like the picked on little brother that was routinely dismissed. Fellas - the tables have turned in a big way since 1995 or so (when STL was absolutely better than KC); civic development in the Kansas City area has been exceptional while STL still can't settle their city/county squabbles from a century ago.

Y'all have lapped 'em. It's time to let this shit go.
With no offense intended to the KC folks, the mentality seems to be present in general to me beyond any rivalry with St Louis. Granted, I'm mainly going off of CP posts, so that may be skewed dramatically, but people really have an inferiority complex when it comes to perceptions of KC among outsiders.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:20 PM 06-04-2019
With no offense intended to the KC folks, the mentality seems to be present in general to me beyond any rivalry with St Louis. Granted, I'm mainly going off of CP posts, so that may be skewed dramatically, but people really have an inferiority complex when it comes to perceptions of KC among outsiders.
I've met Bostonians who hadn't the faintest fucking clue people actually live between the Atlantic and Pacific coasts.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:32 PM 06-04-2019
You think the vast majority of the 'FUCK SAINT LOUIS!!!!' crowd knows thing 1 about state politics?

C'mon - you're giving people far too much credit. For a very small subset there may be something to that, but the vast majority of people who still engage in this rivalry couldn't tell you who the damn governor is, let alone how policy decisions impact the respective major metro areas.
I think more people get it than you think. Last time the MO side of KC needed some approval from JeffCity to help retain some business from moving to the KS side, approval STL would have easily got (gotta save STL from Illinois' grand city of East St. Louis... :-)), they didn't get the help.

I think people remember that. Maybe not...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:44 PM 06-04-2019
Meh, none taken.

Don't get me wrong, St. Louis has some nice parts, very nice, but they have a lot of very much worse parts. The west 'burbs of St. Louis are like being in Jonson County, KS, it's kind of upscale. If you lived here you'd probably understand that St. Louis, within the state, "get the calls" - kind of like the Patriots do.

The good news is that it might be changing. The MO side of KC might have some leverage to help speed that up (might...), but right now it's not just imagination that St. Louis is the favored child.

Now that my son's out of college and took a job with a firm in St. Louis (so he could have a somewhat quick commute back to see the SO who's still in school), he lives on the west side of St. Louis now (Manchester), and he's pretty happy, so that's good..
[Reply]
Matrix 05:20 PM 06-04-2019
Well done, KC.

https://twitter.com/fangsbites/statu...46406487908353
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:52 PM 06-04-2019

A Boston sports team losing just makes your day better. Like a giant shit you take when you get home from work, or a nice sloppy blowjob.

— Barry McCockiner (@SportsTalkBarry) June 4, 2019

[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:04 PM 06-04-2019
I haven't worked in the STL area nearly as much over the last several years, but I used to spend several days a month down there and yeah, this is a KC thing.

Just as the Chicago/STL rivalry is an STL thing. And for the same reasons.

Why KC worries about STL is just beyond me. You're absolutely right - KC is BETTER than STL virtually across the board at this point. Yet they still act like the picked on little brother that was routinely dismissed. Fellas - the tables have turned in a big way since 1995 or so (when STL was absolutely better than KC); civic development in the Kansas City area has been exceptional while STL still can't settle their city/county squabbles from a century ago.

Y'all have lapped 'em. It's time to let this shit go.
This is an inaccurate statement.

Downtown St. Louis has really developed in the past 10 years or so. Not at the pace of the suburbs, but it has developed.

The city/county divide is a big problem, but to act as if St. Louis and the area isn't developing is inaccurate.

Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Meh, none taken.

Don't get me wrong, St. Louis has some nice parts, very nice, but they have a lot of very much worse parts. The west 'burbs of St. Louis are like being in Jonson County, KS, it's kind of upscale. If you lived here you'd probably understand that St. Louis, within the state, "get the calls" - kind of like the Patriots do.

The good news is that it might be changing. The MO side of KC might have some leverage to help speed that up (might...), but right now it's not just imagination that St. Louis is the favored child.

Now that my son's out of college and took a job with a firm in St. Louis (so he could have a somewhat quick commute back to see the SO who's still in school), he lives on the west side of St. Louis now (Manchester), and he's pretty happy, so that's good..
Please explain. There are bad parts to the city as there are nice parts.

The Missouri side(I don't count the metro east) is really nice for the most part.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:14 PM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
This is an inaccurate statement.

Downtown St. Louis has really developed in the past 10 years or so. Not at the pace of the suburbs, but it has developed.

The city/county divide is a big problem, but to act as if St. Louis and the area isn't developing is inaccurate.
KC is far outpacing STL in downtown growth.

STL can point to ballpark village but that's been largely parasitic; a great deal many businesses are hurting pretty badly.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:15 PM 06-04-2019
KC is far outpacing STL in downtown growth.

STL can point to ballpark village but that's been largely parasitic; a great deal many businesses are hurting pretty badly.
I was not referring to BPV. I don't like going there at all. The only thing that BPV may offer that I think could be something that doesn't hurt the city is the high rises that are being built.

I was referring to the development in Midtown and on Washington Avenue.

Union Station is also being re-developed as well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:27 PM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I was not referring to BPV. I don't like going there at all. The only thing that BPV may offer that I think could be something that doesn't hurt the city is the high rises that are being built.

I was referring to the development in Midtown and on Washington Avenue.

Union Station is also being re-developed as well.
I've been impressed by some of the efforts at Union Station for sure.

They're still lagging behind KC in terms of development, especially in STL proper. When the core of the city can't seem to get out of its own way, you're building on top of a 3-legged stool; it's just an awful lot to ask of the outlying areas.

If they want to hang with the big dogs (or even get back in front of KC), they need to get the City squared away and that's not gonna happen until the respective leaders swallow some pride and come together.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:32 PM 06-04-2019
I've been impressed by some of the efforts at Union Station for sure.

They're still lagging behind KC in terms of development, especially in STL proper. When the core of the city can't seem to get out of its own way, you're building on top of a 3-legged stool; it's just an awful lot to ask of the outlying areas.

If they want to hang with the big dogs (or even get back in front of KC), they need to get the City squared away and that's not gonna happen until the respective leaders swallow some pride and come together.
Well, Rex Sinquefield almost single handedly financially backed a proposal for area voters to vote on a city-county merger, but that didn't go anywhere.

Right now, there won't be anything on the horizon as the former county executive pled guilty to 3 felonies involving corruption. The city maybe a mess, but the county is a mess as well, just a slight less of a mess.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:04 PM 06-06-2019
God, NBC really is going to suck off Chara tonight aren't they?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:27 PM 06-06-2019
I have no clue why on hockey I struggle with knowing the players on the other team. I know all the Blues players but I just can't ever get the other team players right. Baseball, NFL, and NBA it's like I know all the players on all the teams.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 101
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Up