ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2988 of 3903
« First < 1988248828882938297829842985298629872988 29892990299129922998303830883488 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:46 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I am sorry a front line worker is questioning your vast knowledge at the factory level! **** me man! You're a ****ing moron if you think this is only affecting old people with shitty health. You should ask those losing loved ones in this thread about that. If you want to go by mortality rate alone, that's another misguided step. I've known dozens of front line workers, in good health, who required hospital stays, including my coworker almost losing his life to this as I documented in this thread. This has been very personal for many. Masks aren't perfect when you are around this virus all day, but should BE COMBINED with social distancing when it allows for best protection. Were you really trying to make a point about wearing a mask when you aren't around anyone (I mean yeah, it's not needed)?

I haven't made a single ****ing political post in this thread. I think we can fully see now that full lockdowns probably aren't the answer as when they end, the virus ramps up it's spread. Instead, making a national mask mandate and recommending social distancing, with all business open would have probably been the best plan from the start. But many places were too slow to act and had to go into full lockdowns in surge states. The CDC hasn't helped one bit and neither have the politicians on both side of this virus.

But you can't tell me that a large portion of this country wants even basic precautions like mask wearing to end. If you can't even wear a mask and understand it's basic use in public, then we can all assume you think we should be doing nothing about this virus. That may not be you, but it sure seems like many in the USA and on this board fit that description.
Thats a lot of words to say jack shit Lew. And yea I am not a "front line worker" I'll make sure to mail you your merit badge, I only work in a place with 800 "essential" people who all have families etc...and have to try to keep the place running through all of this without putting unnecessary risk on any anyone. WTF would I know right?

BTW my daughter has had Covid which means her, my son in law and my 3 grandkids the youngest being 3 months were at risk. I didn't panic, I trusted the data.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:49 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Thats a lot of words to say jack shit Lew. And yea I am not a "front line worker" I'll make sure to mail you your merit badge, I only work in a place with 800 "essential" people who all have families etc...and have to try to keep the place running through all of this without putting unnecessary risk on any anyone. WTF would I know right?

BTW my daughter has had Covid which means her, my son in law and my 3 grandkids the youngest being 3 months were at risk. I didn't panic, I trusted the data.
It sucks those people are putting their health in the hands of someone who thinks this virus infects only old people with shitty immune systems.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:50 PM 09-25-2020
That’s good to hear on your family. How did they know they wouldn’t have a problem if they got COVID? If you can solve that riddle this could all be over! I’ll let the healthy front line workers who’ve needed hospital care themselves know you’re working on this!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:56 PM 09-25-2020
That’s good to hear on your family. How did they know they wouldn’t have a problem if they got COVID? If you can solve that riddle this could all be over! I’ll let the healthy front line workers who’ve needed hospital care themselves know you’re working on this!

You specifically said in this thread you weren’t going to quarantine from your family. How did you know they wouldn’t have a problem if they got it?
[Reply]
lewdog 07:59 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
You specifically said in this thread you weren’t going to quarantine from your family. How did you know they wouldn’t have a problem if they got it?
I didn’t which is pretty stressful since I’d see healthy coworkers need hospital care in the prior months. But I have a 2 year old and he was throwing fits with a closed door so I knew quickly that wouldn’t work. I never had the choice to work from home through this, so we had discussed all scenarios when this started. I decided not to quarantine after his fit and wear a mask in the house. Wife had it by the next day so then it didn’t matter.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:02 PM 09-25-2020
It sucks those people are putting their health in the hands of someone who thinks this virus infects only old people with shitty immune systems.
Lew you are a smart enough guy to know the data and understand it. You are way way too emotional on the topic to think objectively and posts like this prove it.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:06 PM 09-25-2020
It’s goes back to the argument about this only being about old people. During the peak 2 months in AZ, 10% of people testing positive in the age range of 44-65 needed hospital care to beat this virus. They didn’t die but needing hospital care for that many people, many who are healthy, should be taken seriously. That’s all I’m asking. Many in AZ are asking the state to stop the mask mandate. It makes no sense. Wear masks and keep business open. Drop masks and have this spread like wildfire again and businesses will close again.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:12 PM 09-25-2020
Lew you are a smart enough guy to know the data and understand it. You are way way too emotional on the topic to think objectively and posts like this prove it.
I won’t argue about the emotional part. I’m worn down.

While I understand the data and my statistical chance of this wrecking me, it’s still too variable for adults of all ages to not have basic precautions in place. I’ve personally known too many healthy people have a hard time with this. It saddens and angers me that many in this country would prefer we just pretend it’s not here and do nothing different.
[Reply]
O.city 08:23 PM 09-25-2020
I won’t argue about the emotional part. I’m worn down.

While I understand the data and my statistical chance of this wrecking me, it’s still too variable for adults of all ages to not have basic precautions in place. I’ve personally known too many healthy people have a hard time with this. It saddens and angers me that many in this country would prefer we just pretend it’s not here and do nothing different.
Yeah, it’s ok to have some compassion and empathy.

I’m 33 and healthy. Ride my bike daily, Eat well etc. I am staying away from my parents who are older and have some health issues mom in particular. Just being smart about it and thinking of others isn’t hard to do imo
[Reply]
stumppy 05:24 AM 09-26-2020
Mainly from nursing homes where people have been locked down and supposedly been masked up and following protocols for months now.
Got a link to your shitty take?
[Reply]
TLO 09:06 AM 09-26-2020
More and more information coming out about Vitamin D and its benifits when it comes to covid.
[Reply]
Donger 11:18 AM 09-26-2020
53,629 new cases yesterday.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:23 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
53,629 new cases yesterday.
And? You realize it isn't going away right?
[Reply]
Donger 11:23 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
And?
That's not very good and it's increasing, unfortunately.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:24 PM 09-26-2020
If the IFR is really around 0.6% then around 35M to even 40M Americans have had Covid-19. Which would be about 11% of the population. How far will that go to curbing the spread since 1 out of 10 Americans have at least some protection or antibodies? How long after recovery from the virus is one USUALLY immune?
[Reply]
Page 2988 of 3903
« First < 1988248828882938297829842985298629872988 29892990299129922998303830883488 > Last »
Up