ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2092 of 3903
« First < 1092159219922042208220882089209020912092 209320942095209621022142219225923092 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 07:21 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Interesting that there is a flu shot that many of the most susceptible people get that drives flu numbers down.
It does yet half the country still doesn’t get it , and flu death totals are estimated as well , covid and flu deaths are not counted the same way which is another reason we should not be comparing the two at any level right now .
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:37 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
There's a variation of people wearing masks here in the Midwest.

This might sound really bad, but I'm going to say it anyway.

From my own observation, the higher class areas of town are a lot more likely to be wearing masks than the lower class areas.
People's actions and reactions are setting the message that masks are actually more about signalling than safety. The spate of buzz of people policing masks for messaging and symbology are not helping that sense.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:44 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
People's actions and reactions are setting the message that masks are actually more about signalling than safety. The spate of buzz of people policing masks for messaging and symbology are not helping that sense.
Mixed messaging is the reason no plan we ever come up with will be effective be people complaining about the government initial policy on masks are now complaining about the government new policy on masks . ( they had reasons why they changed the policy and why they had the initial one)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:56 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Mixed messaging is the reason no plan we ever come up with will be effective be people complaining about the government initial policy on masks are now complaining about the government new policy on masks . ( they had reasons why they changed the policy and why they had the initial one)
It's pretty clear that the last thing people will surrender is partisan anger, and the opiod hit they get satiating that anger with resentment and bitter judgement.

This is likely exacerbated with people quarantined, meaning that the main outlet for much of anything that remains is cancerous anonymous social media.

I said, in this thread long ago, that if you actually care about achieving compliance with advice among free people, you PERSUADE them. But everyone seems hell-bent on belittlement and derision and anger toward whomever catches their fleeting glance not meeting their personal comfort standards.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:02 AM 05-17-2020
It's pretty clear that the last thing people will surrender is partisan anger, and the opiod hit they get satiating that anger with resentment and bitter judgement.

This is likely exacerbated with people quarantined, meaning that the main outlet for much of anything that remains is cancerous anonymous social media.

I said, in this thread long ago, that if you actually care about achieving compliance with advice among free people, you PERSUADE them. But everyone seems hell-bent on belittlement and derision and anger toward whomever catches their fleeting glance not meeting their personal comfort standards.
I agree

It very hard to persuade someone who has already made their decision before even getting all the info to make an informed one. We spend so much time and energy just trying to prove other people wrong and it has become so second nature we don’t even take time to actually look at the information being given.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:06 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I agree

It very hard to persuade someone who has already made their decision before even getting all the info to make an informed one. We spend so much time and energy just trying to prove other people wrong and it has become so second nature we don’t even take time to actually look at the information being given.
The other side of the coin is, if you encounter someone who isn't persuaded to the same regimen you find acceptable, just assume they have their own reasons and let shit go.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:11 AM 05-17-2020
The other side of the coin is, if you encounter someone who isn't persuaded to the same regimen you find acceptable, just assume they have their own reasons and let shit go.
Ya I agree , that can be difficult for a epidemiologist to do when he is trying to persuade a person with 0 medical knowledge on the subject of a pandemic , Which makes it hard to just agree to disagree when it can affect other people.

Two dudes arguing over the merits of a first round RB is a different story.
[Reply]
loochy 08:30 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
You left your home state during a lock down? Serious question.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
There was no "lock down"

I went fishing in Oklahoma twice

:-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:35 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
There was no "lock down"

I went fishing in Oklahoma twice

:-)
Thought Missouri had a lock down order or shelter in place order.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:46 AM 05-17-2020
FIB

Originally Posted by :
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. -- A northern Illinois nurse is expressing regret for not taking better precautions while visiting her sister's Wisconsin bar.

Katie Koutsky, a nurse with Advocate Aurora Health system, says she was helping her sister reopen her suburban Milwaukee bar Wednesday when she was interviewed by a local television station.

She told WTMJ-TV being in the bar was no greater risk than being in a grocery store.

Koutsky said in a statement released by Advocate Aurora Health that it was a "lapse in judgment."

"First, while my priority was to support my sister and her attempt to restart her business which has been devastated by this pandemic, I'd like to express my regret for not wearing a mask or practicing social distancing while there," Koutsky said in a statement. "It was a lapse in judgment on my part to not ensure I had my mask prior to leaving my house and to not maintain social distancing - even during the interview requested by the reporter."

"As a nurse, I understand the fear and uncertainty everyone is facing and how important it is to practice safety measures not only at sites of care, but while away from work. I let my guard down and apologize for making anyone feel uncomfortable or at risk," she said.
https://abc7chicago.com/illinois-nur...order/6188226/
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:54 AM 05-17-2020
You called it but it was bitch instead of boys
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:58 AM 05-17-2020
How many Pollocks does it take to screw an entire region
[Reply]
Bowser 09:12 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Fauci: Real coronavirus death toll 'almost certainly' higher than official 80,000 count

https://thehill.com/homenews/coronav...ly-higher-than
I feel "almost certain" that I would prefer Fauci or any other official to reach 100% certainty before they start throwing out statements like this.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:19 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I feel "almost certain" that I would prefer Fauci or any other official to reach 100% certainty before they start throwing out statements like this.
Then look at underlying increases in mortality rates, subtract COVID deaths, and look at the surplus, which is still astounding. He's correct.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:20 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
He was asked his opinion and he gave it. Not a big deal to me.
[Reply]
Page 2092 of 3903
« First < 1092159219922042208220882089209020912092 209320942095209621022142219225923092 > Last »
Up