ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1968 of 3903
« First < 968146818681918195819641965196619671968 196919701971197219782018206824682968 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 08:52 PM 05-09-2020
Well his temp is down to 98.8 which is the lowest it has been in 2 days so I guess that is progress. I am sure it is nothing to be overly concerned about but JFC I can see how people just freak out at the littlest sign of things. I mean this sparks all kinds of questions though. Should I go back to work on Monday? Should we all isolate for 14 days? Are well all just fine?

Fucked up times we are in at the moment ....
[Reply]
lewdog 08:53 PM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Probably not. With the way his tonsils are swollen I an leaning towards he has some kind of strep maybe? The doctors were not very concerned as of yet. Have to monitor his fever and see how it goes I guess.
Why didn’t they test him for strep? It’s an easy enough test.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:03 PM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
We didn't notice the tonsils until tonight. With it being Saturday and all his normal doctor's office isn't really open. They are saying if his fever isn't down by Tuesday to bring him in. He is eating and drinking and acting like nothing is wrong. Just every now and then he will say his throat hurts when he swallows.
[Reply]
Three7s 09:08 PM 05-09-2020
So been dealing with the a bit of uninvited excitement this weekend. Son came home from daycare Thursday night coughing but stopped after a bit. Friday the sitter called and said he was just acting a little lethargic and running a 99.2. Picked him up and took him home and he was running 99.9. Late last night he told my Wife his throat was sore. This morning he woke up running 102. Called the doctor and she said she thinks it it is just a virus, not Covid. Temp went down to 99 then back to 102 then back to 99. Finally looked at his throat and his tonsils look pretty swollen.

I wouldn't think much of it but with all this shit going on it's really ****ed up. He has a very recent history of pneumonia so that adds to the stress of it all.
Hope he gets better soon and that it's just a bug. I can relate to how easy it is to overreact to even the slightest of symptoms with this since COVID 19 is so similar to literally the most common illnesses in existence.

Shoot, I've had a sore throat and congestion since May started because of these lousy allergies and temperature changes. I just tell myself to ignore them unless more symptoms start showing up, but so far, it's just been the usual.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:12 PM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by Three7s:
Hope he gets better soon and that it's just a bug. I can relate to how easy it is to overreact to even the slightest of symptoms with this since COVID 19 is so similar to literally the most common illnesses in existence.

Shoot, I've had a sore throat and congestion since May started because of these lousy allergies and temperature changes. I just tell myself to ignore them unless more symptoms start showing up, but so far, it's just been the usual.
And that's what we thought it was at first was allergies. We have been giving him Claritin all week and then today he really had the fever spike. I mean based on everything we have seen and know so far the odds of this being Covd are fairly low. It's just all the other crap that goes along with it. Hell, even if he did have Covid he would probably make make out better than most.

This whole thing just sucks and I hope to God all this crap we are going through isn't for nothing.
[Reply]
Pants 09:31 PM 05-09-2020
And that's what we thought it was at first was allergies. We have been giving him Claritin all week and then today he really had the fever spike. I mean based on everything we have seen and know so far the odds of this being Covd are fairly low. It's just all the other crap that goes along with it. Hell, even if he did have Covid he would probably make make out better than most.

This whole thing just sucks and I hope to God all this crap we are going through isn't for nothing.
I hope it's nothing serious and he recovers and starts feeling better soon, pete. Keeping you guys in my thoughts.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:33 PM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I hope it's nothing serious and he recovers and starts feeling better soon, pete. Keeping you guys in my thoughts.
Thanks, bro!
[Reply]
Strongside 09:59 PM 05-09-2020
Getting a child in to a physical pediatric appointment right now is the logistical equivalent of escaping from Alcatraz. I basically had to wear a HAZMAT suit and send my son through a vacuum tube for his 15 month appointment on Friday. As I’m sure you know, things that used to be easy enough are suddenly much more involved.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:41 AM 05-10-2020
PSA!!!

[Reply]
lewdog 06:29 AM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Getting a child in to a physical pediatric appointment right now is the logistical equivalent of escaping from Alcatraz. I basically had to wear a HAZMAT suit and send my son through a vacuum tube for his 15 month appointment on Friday. As I’m sure you know, things that used to be easy enough are suddenly much more involved.
If you have 2 symptoms of COVID you can go to many Urgent Care’s here and get tested for COVID, strep and influenza all for your co-pay. Some have results in hours and others about 2 days.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:00 AM 05-10-2020
Poor kid woke up this morning with 101 and saying his throat hurts again. His tonsils really look swollen at least I think
[Reply]
petegz28 08:08 AM 05-10-2020
We're taking him to convenient care here in a bit.....
[Reply]
Donger 08:10 AM 05-10-2020
Poor kid woke up this morning with 101 and saying his throat hurts again. His tonsils really look swollen at least I think
Ugh, that sucks Pete. I hope he improves soon.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:14 AM 05-10-2020
We're taking him to convenient care here in a bit.....
Good plan.

Weird but rooting for strep here!
[Reply]
petegz28 08:28 AM 05-10-2020
Good plan.

Weird but rooting for strep here!
Hading out now and I totally get it. I am rooting for it too.
[Reply]
Page 1968 of 3903
« First < 968146818681918195819641965196619671968 196919701971197219782018206824682968 > Last »
Up