ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1928 of 3903
« First < 928142818281878191819241925192619271928 192919301931193219381978202824282928 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 08:43 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
yeah just let people kill people and not even know it...

sounds fun.

i'm going to bow out for a while i think, some of you are fucking dumb, selfish, and assholes
A lot of people are to that point now, they don't enjoy what life is, want it back to what it was and if that kills grandpa and grandma oh well they already lived their lives.
[Reply]
Donger 08:43 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Now answer all of the questions... Will H1N1 have more deaths in lower ages than Covid?
I don't know. And I don't see why it matters from an overall perspective.
[Reply]
Donger 08:43 AM 05-07-2020
?
Ah, I see you edited.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:46 AM 05-07-2020
Metro hospitals closer to resuming non-emergency procedures
https://www.kmbc.com/article/metro-h...dures/32395822
[Reply]
petegz28 08:46 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
A lot of people are to that point now, they don't enjoy what life is, want it back to what it was and if that kills grandpa and grandma oh well they already lived their lives.
Completely disingenuous. I assume you have not gone outside since all this started? Oh wait, it was okay to have someone go to work to get your soundbar.

See what i did there? :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 08:49 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Completely disingenuous. I assume you have not gone outside since all this started? Oh wait, it was okay to have someone go to work to get your soundbar.

See what i did there? :-)
I'm not saying everyone feels that way but I'm hearing survival of the fittest arguments these days, we aren't exactly a nation of compassion that's for sure.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:50 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by The PMII Hypothesis:
Exhausting really
Fuck, you guys are exhausting... What's your plan?

33 million unemployed... If this continues, the human costs will be much higher than Covid. The stats show this 90% in a subset are most vulnerable. Let's put are energies and resources towards protecting this subset, while the rest start developing herd immunity. The Imperial College Model even stated that a 3-5 month shutdown would only flatten the curve, but a second outbreak would be much harsher due to less herd immunity being developed. Their submission strategy was for 12-18 months of this our until a vaccine. Do you think that's plausible? No job is safe. I have a good job and can work from home, but if we go on another 3-4 months with no travel and still far from normal, you can at least double the 33 million out of work, and the government gravy train will be broke.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:52 AM 05-07-2020
When talking about flu or H1N1 you are using CDC estimates not actual numbers. Right now we have confirmed laboratory deaths way higher than either of those estimates from CDC.

When this pandemic ends the CDC will do an after action estimate and you can bet that estimate will be dramatically higher than probably those 2 combined.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:52 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm not saying everyone feels that way but I'm hearing survival of the fittest arguments these days, we aren't exactly a nation of compassion that's for sure.
I think you are confusing in large part pragmatism with egregious selfishness. I agree there are some that are damn the torpedoes. I think they are fewer that some want to make out though.
[Reply]
Donger 08:52 AM 05-07-2020
****, you guys are exhausting... What's your plan?

33 million unemployed... If this continues, the human costs will be much higher than Covid. The stats show this 90% in a subset are most vulnerable. Let's put are energies and resources towards protecting this subset, while the rest start developing herd immunity. The Imperial College Model even stated that a 3-5 month shutdown would only flatten the curve, but a second outbreak would be much harsher due to less herd immunity being developed. Their submission strategy was for 12-18 months of this our until a vaccine. Do you think that's plausible? No job is safe. I have a good job and can work from home, but if we go on another 3-4 months with no travel and still far from normal, you can at least double the 33 million out of work, and the government gravy train will be broke.
Do you think it makes sense to wait until states/regions are seeing a 10 to 14 day downward trajectory of new cases before opening up, compared to opening up when the opposite is happening?
[Reply]
F150 08:53 AM 05-07-2020
****, you guys are exhausting... What's your plan?

And the death toll will fundamentally be the same, just took longer to get there whilst destroying lives and livelihoods of the survivors.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:53 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Ah, I see you edited.
You quoted me Dong... I think you read what your mind thinks.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:54 AM 05-07-2020
Fuck, you guys are exhausting... What's your plan?

You know, it would be really annoying if there were strategies employed by numerous other countries that have stopped the disease in its tracks, especially if those strategies had been promoted by public health experts and on this thread for weeks, and that countries that had employed said strategies were actually able to open up after the period of initial lock down.

Oh wait...
[Reply]
Donger 08:55 AM 05-07-2020
You quoted me Dong... I think you read what your mind thinks.
Ah, so you deny that you originally had "Blue states" in that post?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 08:59 AM 05-07-2020
Yea... That's what we are saying...:-)

Wouldn't are resources be better used protecting the vulnerable, that delaying the inevitable spread? 33 million unemployed in the US, let along what the economic impact is on developing countries. How many do you think will die because of these economic conditions? It appears logic is finally starting to take hold in some of the states who see the trend...
Reopening before this subsides harms small bussiness.

With a stay at home order, your small business has insurance and what to help you. Your employees have unemployment.

Ending the lock down too soon is a bailout to the insurance companies. Now, as 60 percent of the population still doesnt go out, you as a small businesses owner are on your own. You dont get business interrupted coverage. You dont get anything. The economy is reopen, it's your fault if you go under.

And we are forcing your employees off unemployment.

A lot of actual small businesses are going to negatively suffer from premature re opening. Because, get this, a large majority of Americans arent going to go out. Restaurants with thin margins and needing x number of tables served and hour wont survive limited customers.

And people like you are going to cheer on under a faux " what about economy" concern.
[Reply]
Page 1928 of 3903
« First < 928142818281878191819241925192619271928 192919301931193219381978202824282928 > Last »
Up