ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1088 of 3903
« First < 885889881038107810841085108610871088 108910901091109210981138118815882088 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ghak99 04:33 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I had a renter who works at a hospital tell me she has a sore throat and is sick and just put $1350 CASH in my fucking mailbox.

What the hell!
Do you owe anyone you don't like money?
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:36 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
they are being generous that it happened in the last year.

Where the shift happened was the access to cheap big data, business intelligence and analytics. You just need a cheap licesense in the AWS/Azure clouds. Now more data points are being fed into software. I saw a system the other day that had 2000 data points mapped. Which means you can search for something that has those same 2000 characteristics.

This horse has left the barn. You can’t run, you can’t hide. You can’t even live off the grid in a cabin in the woods.

The good news is besides the intelligence branches, the government still has no clue on how to utilize this tech or the competent people to run the systems.

In the end we're just noise... aggregate data... another brick in the wall.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:49 PM 04-03-2020
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:55 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
yeah, like I can get lysol.

I put on a glove and pulled it and dropped it in a coffe can and sprayed it with bleach and put a lid on it.

i'll let it sit for a few days .
After five minutes you'll be fine.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:58 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
In the end we're just noise... aggregate data... another brick in the wall.
We are the product.:-)
[Reply]
kgrund 05:03 PM 04-03-2020
Seems a little unorthodox, but has any consideration been given in terms of our testing focus? It seems to only make sense to test really sick people when they are coming in because you want to know what they have and in most outbreaks the truly sick drive an outbreak. However, given rising evidence that the individuals that do not appear sick or have milder symptoms are driving this pandemic should our primary focus turn to them given our limited time and resources?

You could test the truly sick coming in for the other potential health issues that the sickness could be from. If they test negative on all of them, the assumption would be that they have it especially if they are exhibiting the classic symptoms. With the time and resources saved from diagnosing the truly sick, you could (1) test the ones would believe they have it, but are told to stay home and (2) test statistical samples of the population to determine the extent of the spread.

Certainly the numbers of positives from people showing up at the hospitals would not be dramatically different, but we would get a far greater understanding of the problem we are dealing with.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:05 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Exactly, nothing is going to change.

Nothing will change barring like martial law....
okay so if nothing changed then why are 10 million people suddenly out of work, you can't go to see a movie or eat in a restaurant, you can't go to the gym, my kid can't go to school and there isn't a fucking bottle of hand sanatizer in any grocery store in the country?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:07 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Seems a little unorthodox, but has any consideration been given in terms of our testing focus? It seems to only make sense to test really sick people when they are coming in because you want to know what they have and in most outbreaks the truly sick drive an outbreak. However, given rising evidence that the individuals that do not appear sick or have milder symptoms are driving this pandemic should our primary focus turn to them given our limited time and resources?

You could test the truly sick coming in for the other potential health issues that the sickness could be from. If they test negative on all of them, the assumption would be that they have it especially if they are exhibiting the classic symptoms. With the time and resources saved from diagnosing the truly sick, you could (1) test the ones would believe they have it, but are told to stay home and (2) test statistical samples of the population to determine the extent of the spread.

Certainly the numbers of positives from people showing up at the hospitals would not be dramatically different, but we would get a far greater understanding of the problem we are dealing with.
You'd need the capacity to test a large, random sample, and quite frankly, you need a test with much better sensitivity.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:07 PM 04-03-2020
JFC, 1,314 deaths today. 800 of them out of NY and NJ.
[Reply]
kgrund 05:10 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You'd need the capacity to test a large, random sample, and quite frankly, you need a test with much better sensitivity.
I agree with all of this. My question is more focused on who we choose to test. What information at this time is of greater benefit to us in fighting this pandemic?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:11 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
JFC, 1,314 deaths today. 800 of them out of NY and NJ.
Sad times we are in man.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:15 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
I agree with all of this. My question is more focused on who we choose to test. What information at this time is of greater benefit to us in fighting this pandemic?
I think they're going about this the right way given limited resources. If they can flatten the curve, they can likely perform a large antibody test on a large, random sample that will have both the specificity and sensitivity we need. However, given that hospital occupancy is demonstrating/ near exponential growth, it is highly unlikely there was large community spread prior to late February.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:19 PM 04-03-2020
Teams with the Missouri National Guard have evaluated Hy-Vee Arena, the Independence Events Center, Bartle Hall & the Adam's Mark hotel as possible temporary care sites due to the coronavirus.

Shit is about to pop off
[Reply]
MIAdragon 05:19 PM 04-03-2020
Just got the call from my sister that she’s tested positive.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 05:22 PM 04-03-2020
Flew out of Bozeman Montana today and they have there army reserves testing anyone coming into the state now to put them under quarantine if they’re coming from certain states. Meanwhile Minneapolis Saint Paul still has a couple restaurants in the airport that people are sitting at the bar eating.

Also Delta made quite a few passengers sit right next to each other until the plane was fully boarded and they knew they’d have extra seats...plane wasn’t even 1/4 full. Very weird policy during these times some passengers were not too happy
[Reply]
Page 1088 of 3903
« First < 885889881038107810841085108610871088 108910901091109210981138118815882088 > Last »
Up