ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 26
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston Astros get hammered for cheating
siberian khatru 12:59 PM 01-13-2020

BREAKING: Per sources, MLB’s penalties for #Astros include:

*One-year suspensions for GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch.

*Losses of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in both 2020 and ‘21.

*A fine of $5M.

Full story and more context with @EvanDrellich: https://t.co/djvKEYFiC7

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 13, 2020

No players were disciplined by Major League Baseball in the Astros' investigation. While Mets manager Carlos Beltran was part of it, he was a player at the time and thus was not suspended.

Discipline for Red Sox manager Alex Cora is coming. It is going to be harsh, per sources.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

Jim Crane just fired Jeff Luhnow and AJ Hinch.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
kstater 03:32 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Hate hate hate that people blame the owner and are freaking out on him. If he didn't know, he didn't know. If he's a normal owner, he's not going to be too involved with the on the field stuff and would have no idea this is happening. To blame him and expect him to be accountable is just so 2020. Blame whoever is in charge, for everything, instead of the individual, always.
People are upset at his reaction, not that he didn't know. But once he did know, the reaction has basically been "so what"

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:43 PM 02-14-2020
Huge Bellinger fan now

Cody Bellinger did not hold back today when asked about the Astros: “I thought Manfred's punishment was weak, giving them immunity... These guys were cheating for three years... People don't realize Altuve stole an MVP from Judge... Everyone knows they stole the ring from us.”

— Dodgers-LowDown (@DodgersLowDown) February 14, 2020

[Reply]
TEX 04:24 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea...I don't really agree with that one but ok.

People are going to lose their shit when they win 95+ again and go back to the playoffs I bet.
Yep. Lol!
[Reply]
Mecca 04:38 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Huge Bellinger fan now

Cheating made him hit 143 in that WS and swing at bad pitches right? The Dodgers biggest reason they lost was he played like shit.
[Reply]
DrRyan 04:45 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Hate hate hate that people blame the owner and are freaking out on him. If he didn't know, he didn't know. If he's a normal owner, he's not going to be too involved with the on the field stuff and would have no idea this is happening. To blame him and expect him to be accountable is just so 2020. Blame whoever is in charge, for everything, instead of the individual, always.
Think that might have something to with with the utter bullshit presser he led yesterday? ZERO contrition, then claims it didn't effect the game, then when pressed on it he says he didn't say that. WTF?

I was pulling for them in 2017 as I played MI all my years of playing baseball and the Correa/Altuve combo was/is something special. Every single player on those teams will forever have a sullied reputation in my eyes. I'm definitely not buying Altuve didn't have a buzzer or some other communication going on when he took Chapman for a stratosphere level bomb either. Telling your teammates not to rip your jersey off you in a moment of celebration is definitely normal. :-)
[Reply]
Jerm 08:57 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
Think that might have something to with with the utter bullshit presser he led yesterday? ZERO contrition, then claims it didn't effect the game, then when pressed on it he says he didn't say that. WTF?

I was pulling for them in 2017 as I played MI all my years of playing baseball and the Correa/Altuve combo was/is something special. Every single player on those teams will forever have a sullied reputation in my eyes. I'm definitely not buying Altuve didn't have a buzzer or some other communication going on when he took Chapman for a stratosphere level bomb either. Telling your teammates not to rip your jersey off you in a moment of celebration is definitely normal. :-)
He then goes straight to the clubhouse to change into the championship gear too....lol completely ridiculous.

You can tell he was caught off guard by Rosenthal's question and had to come up with some lame bullshit lie.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 01:48 AM 02-15-2020
Verlander complaining all year about the baseball when he knew this shit was going down. And that little fuck Altuve still can't own it. He should get a one year suspension for his lies since it happened. So glad the Nats took them down.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 01:54 AM 02-15-2020
Nats GM
“We have no proof of anything they did in 2019, we assumed they were, and we prepared diligently for it,’’ Rizzo said.

Teams assumed the Astros were still cheating and the Nationals heavily prepared as such, protecting and changing signs.

“I literally had thousands of text messages of congratulations and emails,’’ Rizzo said. “I think it was telling that when we won the National League Championship and we knew we were playing the Houston Astros, we got a lot of volunteer phone calls on how to beat them and how to play them.’’
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:07 AM 02-15-2020
i hope other pitchers throw at their heads and kill them.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:34 AM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
i hope other pitchers throw at their heads and kill them.
Ouch.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:24 AM 02-15-2020
Rudy, come post on CP you big, dumb, douche!!!
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:38 AM 02-15-2020
Pats should have got it this bad
[Reply]
njchiefs 08:50 AM 02-15-2020
Frankly I think all of this is stupid. It is human nature to try to gain an advantage by uncovering a competitors secrets. It’s why the pitch signing has become more sophisticated to begin with. It’s why sideline coaches put the card over their mouths when calling in a play. How to you draw a line between being clever and cheating? The onus should be on the side trying to keep the secret to make their methods effective, rather than to rely on the integrity of the opponent. Where would we be without the ingenious code breaking in WW2? Is CIA espionage in foreign countries unethical?
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:10 AM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by njchiefs:
Frankly I think all of this is stupid. It is human nature to try to gain an advantage by uncovering a competitors secrets. It’s why the pitch signing has become more sophisticated to begin with. It’s why sideline coaches put the card over their mouths when calling in a play. How to you draw a line between being clever and cheating? The onus should be on the side trying to keep the secret to make their methods effective, rather than to rely on the integrity of the opponent. Where would we be without the ingenious code breaking in WW2? Is CIA espionage in foreign countries unethical?

lol

If my wife didn't want me sexting the babysitter she should have used a Navajo indian code to lock my phone. She has nobody to blame but herself, honestly.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:28 AM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by njchiefs:
It's not human nature to know the rules and intentionally break them.

Nobody is complaining about a player on the field stealing signs. The problem is orchestrating a spy network to do it using people off the field. Don't overthink this. It's cheating, they knew it was cheating, and they did it to gain advantage.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 26
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up