ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 78
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Claim Suggs
CaliforniaChief 03:07 PM 12-16-2019
Chiefs get Suggs, per Rapoport.

Former #AZCardinals pass-rusher Terrell Suggs was claimed by the #Chiefs, source said.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 16, 2019

UK_Chief 04:29 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
BRAD VENCH ****ING DID IT!!!!!!
Good ole Chad does it again
duncan_idaho 04:29 PM 12-16-2019
It’s just a no-lose situation for the Chiefs.

It keeps the Ravens from adding a guy who still has something in the tank to their pass rush rotation.

It will help the Chiefs maintain the strong and effective rotation at DE, unless he refuses to report.

The fact it makes Jason LaConfora shine is just a cherry on top.
Red Dawg 04:30 PM 12-16-2019
Hell ya. Let's roll TSIZZLE!
Pitt Gorilla 04:30 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's REALLY similar to Okafor.

Though probably a little stronger at the point of attack than Okafor.

One thing that surprised me about Okafor was that he was relatively nimble but also not quite as strong as I expected. Suggs, from what I can see, is about a athletic as Okafor was but still just a little more stout on the edge.

He really is a damn nice addition if he'll go out there and fight his ass off. At that stage of a career, so much of what he can do will be controlled by his effort. If he's willing to go out there and empty the tank, he could be a massive addition.
Chance for a ring should be pretty motivating.
Setsuna 04:31 PM 12-16-2019
So did the other teams just pass on him because they are so in love with the Ravens?
Skyy God 04:31 PM 12-16-2019
Betting the guy plays 20 snaps this week.

They're gonna want him in there to see what they have and how he fits. Tape can tell them what he has left but only game reps can tell them how willing he is to use it.

I don't think this changes any attention anyone else gets, though. Suggs is a nice addition but he's not in the same tier as Jones or Clark at this stage of his career, nor is he a guy who is going to soundly wreck a 1v1 on his own with any regularity.

I feel like teams will leave him on an island in the same manner they did with Okafor. But the good news is that all we NEED is to see no significant drop w/ the loss of Okafor. If he can just play at/near that level, that's going to be fine.

And honestly, Demone Harris didn't look too bad. I think he's a guy you can probably victimize by running off tackle right at him to take advantage of his aggression and relative lack of size, but if you're starting Clark/K-Pass and rotating Harris/Suggs in around them (with Jones also taking some snaps at DE), you're in pretty good shape there.

Unfortunately the Titans elevated Ivie to their 53 man on Saturday so we can't snipe him back off their PS. But if that was something they were really all that interested in, they'd have done that instead of activating Harris.
I think he has enough pass rush talent left, though, for him to execute Daly’s and Spags’ scheme.
FAH-Q 04:32 PM 12-16-2019
I’ve been waiting for Veach’s nuts to drop and by God it happened. This is the perfect, no lose move you had to make where, in the past, we generally did not do.
pugsnotdrugs19 04:32 PM 12-16-2019
What a beautiful deal this is for us. I think he’d be here even if Oke didn’t get injured, but we needed help at that spot more than any.
Skyy God 04:33 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
So did the other teams just pass on him because they are so in love with the Ravens?
Speculation is his reporting threat scared off lower tier contenders.
suzzer99 04:33 PM 12-16-2019

ravens fans are being super reasonable about this. https://t.co/BWZLqnojWO

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) December 16, 2019

ModSocks 04:33 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Because the NFL is rigged and it's the Chiefs year to win the SB. (not sure if i should duck for cover or stand up and be applauded)
ThyKingdomCome15 04:33 PM 12-16-2019
Alright, Terrell - time to get over yourself (and your pity party) and get your ass to KC. No sense in missing on a SB run because you didn't get to go back to Baltimore.

They didn't re-sign you, brah. They didn't want you 9 months ago.

Show up in KC and prove 'em wrong.
:-)
PACHIEFSFAN 04:33 PM 12-16-2019
From ESPN: League sources had told Schefter that Suggs would strongly consider not reporting to the claiming team if it was anyone other than the Baltimore Ravens. Sources told Anderson that Baltimore did not put a claim in on Suggs, believing it "wouldn't make sense," given the team is last in the waiver wire order.

Hope these sources are full of it.
ModSocks 04:33 PM 12-16-2019
Betting the guy plays 20 snaps this week.
I'm betting he plays more than 20 snaps.
DJ's left nut 04:35 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I think he has enough pass rush talent left, though, for him to execute Daly’s and Spags’ scheme.
Just gotta hope that fewer snaps makes him more explosive.

His pass rush skills have been pretty average for the bulk of this season, but he's also been playing about 70% of the snaps for the Cardinals. That's quite a bit for a 37 yr old dude.

Put him in a 'closers' role and let him blow it out for 15-20 snaps/gm and I think you'll see an uptick in his impact.
Page 17 of 78
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Up