ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 139 of 153
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:10 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by SLC.Joe:
This is a good use of the distributive property.
Wouldn't it be the transitive property?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:16 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Y'all probably shouldn't read the rest of the quoted article, because it'll probably get people here all set off, but I'm posting this for the numbers, so I need to add the link:

The Mandalorian third season opener numbers
Wow.

That's a hell of a bummer.

Because man, the difference in quality between this and Fett or Obi Wan is just STARK.

This is the best thing to come from the IP since The Empire Strikes Back. Only Rogue One is even close, IMO. Well, and Andor - but it's early yet there.

Man I hope this thing doesn't whither up and die because it's just such a well made show. But that analogy is spot on - how are they gonna try to prop up BOBF by burning off part of Mando? I didn't realize that was how they did that. Because man there was just no salvaging that pile of crap.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:30 AM 03-22-2023
How much of it is sucky product and how much of it is people dropping Disney+?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:36 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
How much of it is sucky product and how much of it is people dropping Disney+?
Did they manage to woke themselves into a pit as well?

I hadn't heard that.

I mean just a quick google search suggests they're still north of 160 million subscribers and that's a fairly small drop from their peak of about 164 million.

And 160 million subscribers is almost certainly more than they had in spring of 2021 and 2022 when Mando seasons 1 and 2 were killing these numbers.

I don't think this is a subscriber loss thing - that math just doesn't check out.
[Reply]
loochy 10:41 AM 03-22-2023
Yeah, but the first parts of Mando were peak COVID when people weren't doing much but sitting around at home.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:11 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Did they manage to woke themselves into a pit as well?

I hadn't heard that.

I mean just a quick google search suggests they're still north of 160 million subscribers and that's a fairly small drop from their peak of about 164 million.

And 160 million subscribers is almost certainly more than they had in spring of 2021 and 2022 when Mando seasons 1 and 2 were killing these numbers.

I don't think this is a subscriber loss thing - that math just doesn't check out.
I'm not too worried about the numbers and I'll post 3 articles that give me reason to not worry yet.

https://dorksideoftheforce.com/2023/...3-trailer/amp/

So record breaking viewership of the trailer = enormous fan interest and then this:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2023...iere-week.html

And this could be the reason for the low initial numbers: https://movieweb.com/the-mandalorian...on-3-premiere/

"However, there is another factor to be considered that may explain the low viewership of The Mandalorian’s third season. There is choice of release date for a start. Both of The Mandalorian’s previous seasons arrived towards the end of the year, and made their debut on a Friday rather than a Wednesday. This means that the capture of four-day date included a weekend when many more people were likely to be watching TV. When it comes to a comparison between Season 2 and Season 3, the greatest difference is that Season 2 premiered in October 2020,when much of the world was in Covid lockdowns, which saw huge increases in all viewership volumes. This is a big reason why the latest figures are not really anything to worry about, as more long-term numbers will likely show that The Mandalorian is still as popular as ever."

So the difference in season 2 and season 3 premier was 2.08 million for season 2 and 1.5 million for season 3. The season 2 premier includes Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Season 3 premier includes Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I'm willing to bet Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are the days with very high viewership numbers and the numbers for Season 3 didn't include one of those days.
[Reply]
loochy 11:26 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

So the difference in season 2 and season 3 premier was 2.08 million for season 2 and 1.5 million for season 3. The season 2 premier includes Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Season 3 premier includes Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I'm willing to bet Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are the days with very high viewership numbers and the numbers for Season 3 didn't include one of those days.

That makes sense too. For example, my son and I have watched every one of the season 3 episodes on Sunday. Wednesday is too busy after he gets home from school.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:58 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by loochy:
That makes sense too. For example, my son and I have watched every one of the season 3 episodes on Sunday. Wednesday is too busy after he gets home from school.
A half a million difference isn't some huge concerning number in this scenario at all.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:08 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I feel like Din and Bo are going to end up married at some point. It's the only way to unite the clans, right?

Not trying to start anything bigger beyond observing that I’m not sure I can imagine a scenario in which current Disney features two straight people (especially both being essentially white) getting married as a core element of the story.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:26 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Not trying to start anything bigger beyond observing that I’m not sure I can imagine a scenario in which current Disney features two straight people (especially both being essentially white) getting married as a core element of the story.
Lol, you got me there. Wth was I thinking? Straight people getting married, that's just immoral!!!:-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:19 PM 03-22-2023
Wow, Carl Weathers just directed the best episode.
[Reply]
Fish 07:36 PM 03-22-2023
That was way too short. Really good, but too short. 32min episode. Last episode was 58min.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:01 PM 03-22-2023
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by IGN (@igndotcom)

[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:21 PM 03-22-2023
Dragon/bird thing was dumb. Really dumb. Didn’t make sense at all why the dragon would wait forever to feed the babies and never even actually pre digest.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:24 PM 03-22-2023
:-)

even the disappointing episodes are amazing

Spoiler!

loved the armor stuff
[Reply]
Page 139 of 153
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149 > Last »
Up