Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:46 AM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Logically this makes sense, but any organization willing to activate Greg Holland even after the dumpster fire his minor league "rehab" proved to be is one that I don't trust will pull the plug on Saint Mikey.
Or you could say they're giving him the rope needed to hang himself.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:53 AM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This was it, gentlemen. This was the game that starts the entire house of cards on its way down.

There is no way on this Earth or any other that DeWitt won't remember this game. Matheny won't be fired mid-season or anything, but this will be a game that stands out in a big way this offseason. It will be right after the Cubs failures at home and right before this run of very good teams that are pretty much going to push our shit in over the next month. We'll go into the ASB below .500 and the tailspin will be on.

And when the post-mortem is done, this game will absolutely stand out as 'Peak Matheny'.

He's gone. This is the kind of game that gets people fired and just as Matt Cassel finally sunk Scott Pioli, so too shall Matt Bowman finally rid us of Mike Matheny. Last night was a good thing, gents. If this team strikes out 19 times and wins a game with Matt Bowman closing it, somehow that would have been vindication for that window licking retard.

The right thinking world will know that it was simply proof that NOBODY loses every game, no matter how hard they try. Sometimes the other team just won't let you lose. But tonight, Matheny pushed all the right buttons and his hand-picked hitting coach made sure this squad took maybe 2 halfway decent ABs all night. They managed to pull defeat from the jaws of victory here and look goddamn awful in the process.

It was perfect. He's done; it's just a matter of time.
Man, I hope your right but he should have been gone before now so I'm not getting my hopes up.

If it happens and Mo stays, I think its a signal that Mo has been advocating to fire Matheny to Dewitt. Or its the signal that Dewitt wants to send.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:55 AM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Logically this makes sense, but any organization willing to activate Greg Holland even after the dumpster fire his minor league "rehab" proved to be is one that I don't trust will pull the plug on Saint Mikey.
The bullpen has actually been pretty good the last week. Gomber, Tui, Mayers have all gave us good bullpen innings. Something we haven't saw from anyone not named Hicks or Norris.
[Reply]
VAChief 11:29 AM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The bullpen has actually been pretty good the last week. Gomber, Tui, Mayers have all gave us good bullpen innings. Something we haven't saw from anyone not named Hicks or Norris.
Yes, we at least know who we should not count on this season. I was for giving Holland a shot, I thought we overpaid, but on a one year deal it doesn't matter as much. However, good lord he has proven to be a disaster. The fact that they are even considering giving him another shot after getting lit up in the minors is sobering at best.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:32 PM 06-19-2018
The problem isnt the talent. Every organization in baseball has 2 or 3 guys that can pitch 60 quality bullpen innings being underutilized. The Angels and Padres keep finding solid middle relief arms on waivers. The Nats have the best reliever in the game right now in Justin Miller and he came off the scrap heap. LaRussa did it every year.

The key is finding the effective guys by giving them a chance. Mayers shoulda ne getting higher leverage opportunities. Guilmet shouldve been given more than a sniff, as should poncedeleon. Keep churning and stick with guys that perform.

The answer is NOT sending Cecil, Holland and Bowman out there to do the same bad job they did last time. You cant have pets in a bullpen; the volatility is too high. Matheny doesn't understand that.

This isnt a W.S. team with Connie Mack in charge but it's better than this. It's a playoff team at least as talented as Milwaukee. But Matheny is an idiot.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:58 PM 06-19-2018
its his standard comment now. He said the same thing with Martinez, Reyes, Fowler and now Holland. Doesn’t matter what the stats, his or everyone’s eyes can see. The player says he’s good to go, that’s enough for Matheny.
now you can add Bowman to the list. Out with not only blisters but with blood flow issues to the fingers. Been going on for awhile. He tells Matheny he’s ready to go. Good enough for Meathead.
[Reply]
kcpasco 06:07 PM 06-19-2018
On pace for a 15 strikeout game. Mabry is the awesome.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:22 PM 06-19-2018
This park is a joke
[Reply]
kcpasco 06:24 PM 06-19-2018
Um Munoz is like really really bad at stealing bases. I wonder if MM has caught on yet.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:34 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
On pace for a 15 strikeout game. Mabry is the awesome.
wellll l guess that’s better than the 19 strikeouts last night. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:36 PM 06-19-2018
Um Munoz is like really really bad at stealing bases. I wonder if MM has caught on yet.
Mstheny tells them to keep pushing it on the bases despite how poor of a base running team they are. They are just doing what their manager is telling them to do.
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:37 PM 06-19-2018
Is Holland really coming into this game now that the Cards took the lead? Fucking kill me.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:38 PM 06-19-2018
Is Holland really coming into this game now that the Cards took the lead? ****ing kill me.
Unfucking believable.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:44 PM 06-19-2018
:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:46 PM 06-19-2018
Mows em down
[Reply]
Page 111 of 301
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Up