ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3170 of 3903
« First < 2170267030703120316031663167316831693170 31713172317331743180322032703670 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rain Man 07:37 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Multiple phase rollout. Phase I for frontline workers in large metro areas in December; Phase II for essential workers/extended healthcare professionals in early 2021; Phase III for everyone else somewhere around April.

Refrigeration and storage requirements vary for the two different vaccines, which means that the Pfizer vaccine is likely to stay close to areas that can more easily support the storage requirements (-70*C), whereas the Moderna vaccine can be stored in many traditional freezers (-4*F or -20*C).
Anybody know where I can buy a police uniform? Or wait, I bet there are leftover doctor costumes from Halloween.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:41 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Anybody know where I can buy a police uniform? Or wait, I bet there are leftover doctor costumes from Halloween.
Frontline healthcare workers. Should have specified more clearly. First in line are staff at long-term care facilities. Then doctors and nurses on the front line. All are part of Phase I, but should that phase need to be split, the LTC facility staff get first dibs due to the vulnerability of the population.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:47 PM 11-20-2020
Frontline healthcare workers. Should have specified more clearly. First in line are staff at long-term care facilities. Then doctors and nurses on the front line. All are part of Phase I, but should that phase need to be split, the LTC facility staff get first dibs due to the vulnerability of the population.
As a random story, I helped to move an elderly relative into an assisted living center a few years ago. He was hospitalized so we had to move him without his involvement. We were at the assisted living center getting his furnishings set up and one of the nurse/orderly people came in and started talking to my wife.

She said, "He looks really good", which confused me because the relative hadn't been to the place yet. He was still in the hospital. But I thought maybe there was a photo involved or something. The woman chatted with my wife more and once again said, "He looks good". And my wife said, "That's not him. That's my husband."

WTF? I'm in my 50s and in pretty good shape. I was wearing a half-marathon shirt that I'd just run. And she thought I was moving in?

But the key lesson here is that maybe I can just show up at an assisted living facility and get a shot when the elderly residents start getting them.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:48 PM 11-20-2020
As a random story, I helped to move an elderly relative into an assisted living center a few years ago. He was hospitalized so we had to move him without his involvement. We were at the assisted living center getting his furnishings set up and one of the nurse/orderly people came in and started talking to my wife.

She said, "He looks really good", which confused me because the relative hadn't been to the place yet. He was still in the hospital. But I thought maybe there was a photo involved or something. The woman chatted with my wife more and once again said, "He looks good". And my wife said, "That's not him. That's my husband."

WTF? I'm in my 50s and in pretty good shape. I was wearing a half-marathon shirt that I'd just run. And she thought I was moving in?

But the key lesson here is that maybe I can just show up at an assisted living facility and get a shot when the elderly residents start getting them.
Definitely a Larry David move.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:57 PM 11-20-2020
New CDC study confirms what we've already known. Everyone can now commence spinning this to fit your own preconceived opinions.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6947e2.htm

[Reply]
Hawker007 08:17 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
New CDC study confirms what we've already known. Everyone can now commence spinning this to fit your own preconceived opinions.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6947e2.htm

First off, I am not anti mask by a long shot. But, how in the F can that graphic be true? Literally the whole fucking state is on fire right now and they want to rollout that bullshit graphic. And they wonder why so many people don’t take anything they say seriously!
[Reply]
Third Eye 11-20-2020, 08:26 PM
This message has been deleted by Third Eye.
stumppy 08:38 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hawker007:
First off, I am not anti mask by a long shot. But, how in the F can that graphic be true? Literally the whole fucking state is on fire right now and they want to rollout that bullshit graphic. And they wonder why so many people don’t take anything they say seriously!
You might want to take a look at the dates.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:49 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This is nonsense. I don't know a single person that thinks Covid is a non issue.
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Truth. Here in Clinton they are having an emergency council meeting today to decide on doing a mask mandate. I am sure it will go well.
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I know several people that think it's a non issue. Like the person working at the lumber store while symptomatic with Covid.
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
I know several.
Originally Posted by O.city:
After being in rural and urban areas, I’d say there’s some truth in all of those
add me to this. Several family members in rural areas think it’s a hoax. Several in Springfield think it’s a overblown media thing. Went to rural Florida 2 weeks ago. Guy said no masks allowed in his store.
[Reply]
neech 08:53 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
add me to this. Several family members in rural areas think it’s a hoax. Several in Springfield think it’s a overblown media thing. Went to rural Florida 2 weeks ago. Guy said no masks allowed in his store.
Yeah, right.
[Reply]
neech 08:57 PM 11-20-2020

:-)

Sorry RM I had to laugh at that one it’s funny.
[Reply]
neech 09:06 PM 11-20-2020
Multiple phase rollout. Phase I for frontline workers in large metro areas in December; Phase II for essential workers/extended healthcare professionals in early 2021; Phase III for everyone else somewhere around April.
The guinea pigs are all lined up, better them than me.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:06 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl:
We moved 800 miles away from our families about 12 years ago. Ever since then every Christmas and Thanksgiving has been just me, my wife, and my son at our home with no one else. It’s beautiful.
moved 1500 miles away 11 years ago. Still go back every other year. Family is family even though we have completely different approaches to life.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:17 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
In an attempt to steer the conversation in another direction...

My company has all of us back in the office as of this week. We're all required to wear masks, etc.

I share a rather large office with one other co-worker.

Any precautions we can take to help mitigate the possible spread? We have a giant window, but it doesn't open. I have a fan running in an attempt to keep air moving around. Any other ideas?
Buy a HEPA grade air purifier for ~$700.

:-)
[Reply]
Hawker007 09:18 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
You might want to take a look at the dates.
Okay, try and explain the asterisks around the dates on that graphic. You could literally interpret them multiple ways. It’s an awful graphic trying to fool the public into wearing masks based on scare tactics. And I’m a person who wants everyone to wear masks. But again, it’s BS like this that the public continues to lose faith in the “experts” and want to fight the “state”.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:21 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I work with several people that do not believe in it to varying degrees. Some that think they just gave the flu a name, others that think it is a media distraction and yet others that think it is a ploy to make the rich richer or the ones that think this is all made up by Trump and the government to get us to close our borders.
Some people are just really ridiculous.
A guy in a local HVAC supply house was triggered when I came in with my mask on and he went on a tangent about they don't believe in that and they are not going to sell products to people that come in there wearing masks. I asked him where the manager, by name, was at and he said not here. I told him that it sounded like I needed to call the main office which is in a different city and let them know what is going on in this office. He shut up and told me that the stuff I ordered was in that box and to have a nice day with attitude. I told him that I hoped he had a great holiday and to be safe.
[Reply]
Page 3170 of 3903
« First < 2170267030703120316031663167316831693170 31713172317331743180322032703670 > Last »
Up