ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 274 of 301
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:51 AM 11-13-2019
I’ve got little issue in a vacuum with bringing Gordon back if it’s a one-year deal.

He IS a good role model in the clubhouse for young players to look up, someone to respect and emulate. He adds some things that pure stats can’t quantify.

But he needs to be used reasonably. Khalil Lee needs to be able to get a look late. Nick Heath probably deserves a look.

Brett Phillips, Bubba Starling and Ryan O’Hearn shouldn’t lose ABs because of his presence.

They shouldn’t sign another placeholder veteran if they bring Gordon back.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:59 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Narrator: The Royals would go on to sign Hunter Pence
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:06 AM 11-13-2019
I’ve got little issue in a vacuum with bringing Gordon back if it’s a one-year deal.

He IS a good role model in the clubhouse for young players to look up, someone to respect and emulate. He adds some things that pure stats can’t quantify.

But he needs to be used reasonably. Khalil Lee needs to be able to get a look late. Nick Heath probably deserves a look.

Brett Phillips, Bubba Starling and Ryan O’Hearn shouldn’t lose ABs because of his presence.

I was totally fine with bringing Gordo back with Yost. I worry that Gordo will become a 162 game man now that Matheny is heading the ship..
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:43 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
My wife: "Oh, I like him!"

Said the same thing about Chris Getz, Paulo Orlando, every other likable guy that provided no real value to the team and were eventually released.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 12:33 PM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
While I know this is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, where Pence is concerned, I'm not sure he's going to be playing any more baseball outside of playing for the Rangers. He lives in the area and I think he's finished if it's not playing for the local team.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:45 PM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Holy shit, Astros - be more blatant!

Wonder if MLB can strip them of their 2017 title?

Not that matters much
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:01 PM 11-13-2019
Cal Eldred appears to be staying on as pitching coach. I don't know much about him, but most around here seem to think he's awful. But he's apparently close with Matheny, so he's staying. What an all star staff we're building.
[Reply]
tk13 05:49 PM 11-13-2019
If Bubba and Brett Phillips can't hit over .200 you can't run them out for 162. There's no way Dayton's going to go for that. If it's not Gordon there's almost surely going to be another veteran outfielder. Someone who can be a safety net if we have three outfielders with a .500 OPS.

Same thing is true with Nicky Lopez. If he can't hit they're going to put Whit at 2nd so you can't put him in LF.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:05 AM 11-14-2019
You know, in light of this Astros scandal, I can’t help but think back to the 2015 ALDS and how terrible Ryan Madson was against the Astros.

Makes me think maybe something was up even then. If you’re a FB-CH guy, stealing signs can crush you. Because a changeup in the zone is just a slow two-seamer when you know it’s coming.

I always kind of thought that was why he struggled against the Jays, too.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:34 AM 11-14-2019
You know, in light of this Astros scandal, I can’t help but think back to the 2015 ALDS and how terrible Ryan Madson was against the Astros.

Makes me think maybe something was up even then. If you’re a FB-CH guy, stealing signs can crush you. Because a changeup in the zone is just a slow two-seamer when you know it’s coming.

I always kind of thought that was why he struggled against the Jays, too.
Maybe Correa's error in the 8th was karma coming back to bite him after crushing that HR in the 7th. I can't find game 4 on Youtube anymore but it would be interesting to go back and watch. You would think that would be a huge advantage on Ventura as well if you know the heater is coming and when it's not.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:54 AM 11-14-2019
I personally don't care to much about this, teams have been stealing signs forever, it is what it is.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:55 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Maybe Correa's error in the 8th was karma coming back to bite him after crushing that HR in the 7th. I can't find game 4 on Youtube anymore but it would be interesting to go back and watch. You would think that would be a huge advantage on Ventura as well if you know the heater is coming and when it's not.

Yeah. I can’t find full game clips, either. I want to.

The Jays were accused of stealing signs in home games a lot during that era (guy in CF, etc.)

Would explain some of why Madson got destroyed by them at home and also why Cueto was so anxious about signs he ended up tipping the signs himself with the approach he switched to.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:24 AM 11-14-2019
Beltran named as one of the guys involved now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:29 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I personally don't care to much about this, teams have been stealing signs forever, it is what it is.
For whatever reason, I do have a problem when it's an organized program aided by the use of electronics.

Having a dude sit up there with a high-powered camera while setting up a video monitor in the tunnel to relay signs is a step WELL beyond a runner at 2b altering his lead for an offspeed pitch.

It's super shitty, IMO.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:31 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Sure. Like guys on base watching the catchers for giveaways.

Not sure how I feel when technology is involved like here with the cameras and the smart watch a from a few years ago.

But then in football you have guys studying replays and pictures on the sidelines trying to figure out the opposing defense.

Every sport has its own culture of what is acceptable.
[Reply]
Page 274 of 301
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284 > Last »
Up