ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 268 of 301
« First < 168218258264265266267268 269270271272278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:35 AM 10-24-2019
Padres hire as manager former Mizzou player and Smithville, MO native Jayce Tingler.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:40 AM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It’s been a forgone conclusion for a while now.

You won’t catch me defending Moore again.

There are some exciting things about this squad, but Matheny is a bucket of cold water.
I feel sorry for ya. You know baseball. You follow the Cardinals close enough to know all about Matheny. You KNOW how this ends.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:56 AM 10-24-2019
How did people not see this coming? Dayton Moore lost whatever magic he had leading up to 2014-2015. If you could assign a batting average to managerial moves, Moore is probably a .200 hitter. He doesn't do anything particularly well and has struck out more often than not on moves he makes.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:43 AM 10-24-2019
@BNightengale: It’s unknown whether Mike Matheny will be announced today as manager of the #Royals or after the Series.

@FlannyMLB: Per source, there is no scheduled announcement by the Royals today regarding their next manager. As we have reported in the past, all signs still point to Mike Matheny, but nothing officially is scheduled.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:45 AM 10-24-2019
I'm going to at least give the guy a chance. I know everyone HATED the hiring of Ned and we ended up getting "Yosted" in the greatest way possible. Maybe lightning can strike twice.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:18 AM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I'm going to at least give the guy a chance. I know everyone HATED the hiring of Ned and we ended up getting "Yosted" in the greatest way possible..
It sure was. Especially here on CP. Then the battle cry went radio silent.

Remember: It is stupid to hire some stubborn, gritty ex-catcher “gamer” who hates analytics. Who was fired by an NL Central franchise who’s replacement manager took his players to the playoffs. It can’t work again....right?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:35 AM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
It sure was. Especially here on CP. Then the battle cry went radio silent.

Remember: It is stupid to hire some stubborn, gritty ex-catcher “gamer” who hates analytics. Who was fired by an NL Central franchise who’s replacement manager took his players to the playoffs. It can’t work again....right?
I mean, I guess it could but, what are the odds?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:36 PM 10-24-2019
PB - take a stance, bro.

Go on the record. Do you want Matheny or not? What's driving your defense of him if you're ambivalent about the hire?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:53 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
PB - take a stance, bro.

Go on the record. Do you want Matheny or not? What's driving your defense of him if you're ambivalent about the hire?
What's driving his 'defense' is that he's a troll that got caught in his own bullshit.

He spent 3 years lecturing Cardinals fans about what spoiled assclowns they were for criticizing Matheny due to his record or some other such nonsense. Now he has to double down on it.

Have fun with this guy, PB - he's yours now. I'm sure you'll love him.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:05 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Padres hire as manager former Mizzou player and Smithville, MO native Jayce Tingler.
Let's hope this guy doesn't turn out to be the Pujols of managers and the Royals just never had any interest in homegrown talent, again. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:11 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Let's hope this guy doesn't turn out to be the Pujols of managers and the Royals just never had any interest in homegrown talent, again. :-)
Dude has a really interesting back story. Drafted ahead of Kinsler out of Mizzou, has a couple of unspectacular seasons in the low minors, selected in the minor league portion of the Rule 5 - spends one season with Texas after being selected then in the fall headed off to the DR before becoming a coach on their DSL squad.

And so began his career as a coach. Guy just finished the season and said "welp, guess I'm not all that good at this" (though I think he'd get a longer look today given his OBP skills) and decided on his own to learn spanish and coach summer ball.

Just a hell of a story to get into the coaching ranks.

He's a risk, for sure. But at least he's an interesting one. I'll be rooting for him for sure.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:52 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What's driving his 'defense' is that he's a troll that got caught in his own bullshit.

He spent 3 years lecturing Cardinals fans about what spoiled assclowns they were for criticizing Matheny due to his record or some other such nonsense. Now he has to double down on it..
Link or tapout. I never did that.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:56 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
PB - take a stance, bro.

My stance has always been the same: baseball managers don’t matter much. Some are better developing young players. It turns out Yost was excellent st that. Kudos to him and it’s why he won when they matured.

I’m firmly in the SABR camp. Billy Beane used to say a manager is nothing more than a “production manager on a factory floor”. Blame me if the A’s stink.

I don’t know anything about aby of the candidates anyway. I do know Moore let the farm system degrade which he HAD to obsess about as it’s the lifeblood or tiny markets. Bad trades, bad signings, happen - bad farm systems can’t in KC.

We are gonna suck hard 3+ more years and the manager won’t prevent that. It will be on Dayton.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:58 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
My stance has always been the same: baseball managers don’t matter much. Some are better developing young players. It turns out Yost was excellent st that. Kudos to him and it’s why he won when they matured.

I’m firmly in the SABR camp. Billy Beane used to say a manager is nothing more than a “production manager on a factory floor”. Blame me if the A’s stink.

I don’t know anything about aby of the candidates anyway. I do know Moore let the farm system degrade which he HAD to obsess about as it’s the lifeblood or tiny markets. Bad trades, bad signings, happen - bad farm systems can’t in KC.

We are gonna suck hard 3+ more years and the manager won’t prevent that. It will be on Dayton.
"Everybody is screaming about firing Bob Sutton, but I, the knowledgable fan who knows more than you, knows that it doesn't matter who the Chiefs hire at defensive coordinator. You still need players to play the DC's scheme, and the Chiefs don't have them. So I'm going to point and laugh at everybody losing their minds!"

"Are you saying we should keep Bob Sutton?"

"I never said that..."
[Reply]
DJJasonp 06:07 PM 10-24-2019
Just saw the astros GM was fires over inappropriate comments. I didnt hear what they were.....but if he had any hand in draft evaluation, what an asset that is now without a job!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 268 of 301
« First < 168218258264265266267268 269270271272278 > Last »
Up