ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 162 of 185
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX
scho63 02:50 PM 08-20-2014
The original thread has been locked so here we go again! :-)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490

============================================

My brother turned me onto this wine and it's a great Sauvignon Blanc for $10
Attached: JG.jpg (74.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Pablo 12:49 PM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'm not one for sports drinks, especially ones with sugar, but the Gatorade Lime, Cucumber, Pepino, Limon is fire.
They're the best. Quiktrip is where I find them around KC. Perfect drink if you've had a little juice the night before.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:02 PM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
They're the best. Quiktrip is where I find them around KC. Perfect drink if you've had a little juice the night before.
Yep. I tried one from QT while on a road trip and loved it.

I found 12oz packs at Walmarts here in PHX.

I won't drink them often due to the caloric content but if I'm in need of some quick hydration I'll have them on hand.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:01 PM 04-24-2022
Centenario 25 for me, on the rocks. The last good pour off the bottle...
[Reply]
Pablo 07:11 PM 04-28-2022

Michelada/Bloody Mary bastard. Had clamato and this beer or Busch Light. Made a choice. Actually a very tasty choice I must say. I love all things rye but I'd do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:12 PM 05-07-2022
3 trips to the pool store this week, a handful of Youtube videos watched, a healthy dent in my wallet and I've got this pool pristine to accept my shocking whiteness.

[Reply]
lewdog 04:24 PM 05-07-2022
3 trips to the pool store this week, a handful of Youtube videos watched, a healthy dent in my wallet and I've got this pool pristine to accept my shocking whiteness.

Nice work!

I've maintained our pool for 8 years now, 100% myself the entire time. It gets pretty easy as long as you're consistent. I've never had a green pool. Part of consistency is draining your pool every 3-5 years due to hard water here. When we first moved into our house the pool store though our pool water was at least 5+ years old as it was all out of whack. At some point all of the hard water minerals won't allow the pool chemicals to work properly and you'll need exponentially more chemicals to keep it clean.

Months of 100+ temps here we come!!!!

Ground Control had some nice looking beers they plan to get in soon, on their Facebook page.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:43 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Nice work!

I've maintained our pool for 8 years now, 100% myself the entire time. It gets pretty easy as long as you're consistent. I've never had a green pool. Part of consistency is draining your pool every 3-5 years due to hard water here. When we first moved into our house the pool store though our pool water was at least 5+ years old as it was all out of whack. At some point all of the hard water minerals won't allow the pool chemicals to work properly and you'll need exponentially more chemicals to keep it clean.

Months of 100+ temps here we come!!!!

Ground Control had some nice looking beers they plan to get in soon, on their Facebook page.
We had an issue due to our seller and a clunky timing issue. She had been transitioning to her new home upstate and appears now to have slacked off on the pool maintenance (and landscaping!). Plus we closed on 4/19 and lived in an airbnb for 10 days while having new flooring put in. So within that timeframe nothing was being done and it was starting to turn a brownish green.

Water test showed zero chlorine, haha.

I got it all balanced with the help of the pool store and watched a Youtube tutorial on the setup and heater. Through that I found a tear in the Pentair filter bag that was preventing backwash and filtration. Fixed that and now she's humming pretty good.

I'm committed to getting completely unpacked and mostly settled this weekend and I'll be ready to socialize.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:51 PM 05-07-2022
Been on a bit of a margarita on the rocks with salt run (no homo) since I moved into a house in AZ with a pool. Finished working out and all household chores in time for the start of the Avs game. Hitting the pool between periods. On my 4th margarita right now. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:53 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Been on a bit of a margarita on the rocks with salt run (no homo) since I moved into a house in AZ with a pool. Finished working out and all household chores in time for the start of the Avs game. Hitting the pool between periods. On my 4th margarita right now. :-)
How do you make your margs?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:55 PM 05-07-2022
How do you make your margs?
Right now 1800 with Tres Agaves in a shaker
[Reply]
lewdog 05:00 PM 05-07-2022
We had an issue due to our seller and a clunky timing issue. She had been transitioning to her new home upstate and appears now to have slacked off on the pool maintenance (and landscaping!). Plus we closed on 4/19 and lived in an airbnb for 10 days while having new flooring put in. So within that timeframe nothing was being done and it was starting to turn a brownish green.

Water test showed zero chlorine, haha.

I got it all balanced with the help of the pool store and watched a Youtube tutorial on the setup and heater. Through that I found a tear in the Pentair filter bag that was preventing backwash and filtration. Fixed that and now she's humming pretty good.

I'm committed to getting completely unpacked and mostly settled this weekend and I'll be ready to socialize.
Nice job, pool looks nice. Something will go wrong eventually but mine's been pretty easy to maintain. Replaced the pump and in-floor cleaning system gears last year which was the most expensive job to date ($2k). Our pool needs either resurfaced with new plaster or move it to pebble tec. I'm just not ready to drop all that coin with replacing our AC units and roof last year!

Hoping you enjoy AZ as much as I do. The first summer will feel REALLY long with the heat but it gets easier after that. I get in my pool almost daily and the after work swims and night swims come July (when it's still 90+ degrees all night!) feel the best.

Are you new to AZ?

Keep them drinks flowing! I hit margaritas hard come July when my lime tree is giving me hundreds of limes.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:14 PM 05-07-2022
Nice.

Bourbon bloody mary this morning, an OHSO Te Quiero stout, couple of bourbon pours and Avalanche hockey.... doing pretty well!
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:28 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
...Are you new to AZ?

Keep them drinks flowing! I hit margaritas hard come July when my lime tree is giving me hundreds of limes.
I went to ASU and lived in Tempe for about 13 years, then moved to Colorado for over a decade. Can't wait to get my own place and grow lemon, lime, and Cara Cara Orange trees. Just renting a place in West Chandler for now, didn't want to sell at the top of the market in CO then come down here and buy at the top. Margaritas are very underrated.
[Reply]
scho63 07:08 AM 05-08-2022
I went to ASU and lived in Tempe for about 13 years, then moved to Colorado for over a decade. Can't wait to get my own place and grow lemon, lime, and Cara Cara Orange trees. Just renting a place in West Chandler for now, didn't want to sell at the top of the market in CO then come down here and buy at the top. Margaritas are very underrated.
Definitely need to have you in our Phoenix meetups.

I think we should do one in the Chandler/Gilbert area soon since a few of you are now living in the area and lot's of places to meet. Tempe is probably better for those in Scottsdale but Tempe has a lack of places except Fate on Southern and a few spotty others. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:54 PM 05-12-2022
Laphroaig...
[Reply]
Page 162 of 185
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172 > Last »
Up