ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 126
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:05 PM 05-11-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
hes gotta go
Agreed. He wants Batman to get raped in prison? Wtf?

That's a little disturbing that he would want to go in that direction with a superhero like Batman..
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:49 PM 05-11-2016
Now devin blahraci is saying the main villain of jl part 1 is steppenwolf, who wasn't even in bvs. Although he was in the deleted scene I posted shortly after the movie was released.

There's a wtf for you.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/...justice-league
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:18 PM 05-11-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Now devin blahraci is saying the main villain of jl part 1 is steppenwolf, who wasn't even in bvs. Although he was in the deleted scene I posted shortly after the movie was released.

There's a wtf for you.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/...justice-league
Think I'd almost rather have that and then darkseid as the next villain...that said probably shouldn't have hinted DS in the movie then if he wasn't in JL
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:43 PM 05-11-2016
cant wait to see Darkseid in Justice League parts 3 and 4

Coming in 2021 and 2023!!
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 08:07 PM 05-18-2016
More fallout, including a tidbit about Suicide Squad:

Originally Posted by :
he fallout from Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice continues to ripple through Warner Bros.

The Burbank-based studio is making changes to the way it handles its DC Entertainment-centered films, giving oversight of the feature projects to a pair of executives and creating a dedicated division for the films. Current executive vp Jon Berg and Geoff Johns, DC's chief content officer who successfully launched the comics label's foray into television, will co-run the newly created DC Films, according to multiple sources.

This move is part of a broader refinement of executive roles at Warners, which has suffered a disappointing run of movies and has vexed producers and filmmakers, some of whom complain about a murky greenlight process.

Now, instead of a broad range of movies to oversee, executives will be charged with managing "genre streams" while reporting to Warner Bros. Pictures president Greg Silverman. In many cases, these streams formalize interests and specialties for specific executives. Courtenay Valenti, for example, will now oversee all Lego projects as well as the Harry Potter line that begins with November's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Senior production execs Jesse Ehrman and Niija Kuykendall will focus more on comedy/family and sci-fi/action, respectively, according to sources.

Further executive changes are anticipated, including a potential hire at the senior level.

Berg was already working on BvS, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman and Justice League. He also is a conduit to Ben Affleck, having worked with the actor-filmmaker on Argo and Live by Night, the crime thriller Affleck recently wrapped as director, writer and star for the studio.

Comics writer-turned-exec Johns, meanwhile, was key in working with showrunner Greg Berlanti on the ascension of superhero shows such as Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl and is the writer behind DC's upcoming Rebirth, the publishing side's reboot of its titles that will play out over the summer months. He is not leaving DC, according to sources, but adding film to his portfolio.

Johns will still report to DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson, while Berg will report to Silverman.

With Berg and Johns, Warner Bros. is attempting to unify the disparate elements of the DC movies with a seasoned film exec and a comics veteran that together hopefully can emulate the way Marvel Studios has produced its films under the vision of president Kevin Feige. But sources also say Warners still wants to remain a filmmaker-driven studio. As part of their new jobs, Berg and Johns will become producers on the Justice League movies.

The muted reception of BvS, from a box-office and critical point of view, is the flashpoint for the changes...

...And the studio is working to smooth out the third act of Suicide Squad, its big August movie from director David Ayer that could change the perception of its DC line. The pic’s trailers have generated massive positive interest in the all-star actioner that features DC villains, and the studio wants to make sure audiences’ expectations are not only met but exceeded.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-warner-895174
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:52 PM 05-18-2016
This is awesome news.
[Reply]
RobBlake 12:09 AM 05-19-2016
DC is waking the eff up. I'm one of the few that liked BvS.. but i know it could have been better and have less filler type scenes. I love the actors..
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:16 AM 05-19-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
DC is waking the eff up. I'm one of the few that liked BvS.. but i know it could have been better and have less filler type scenes. I love the actors..
I liked it too...and agree this is huge and I'm feeling alot better going forward
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:25 AM 06-02-2016
Embed...I'm ready for July 19th..ultimate cut bluray trailer shows new footage.

https://youtu.be/8AO19XY2rqc
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:36 AM 06-02-2016
Almost looks like a good movie in that cut
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:16 AM 06-02-2016
Just a few new scenes show more depth to why there is Superman hate and why Batman is pissed.

Why were those cut? Show 2 diff characters meaning alot is missing.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:49 AM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Just a few new scenes show more depth to why there is Superman hate and why Batman is pissed.

Why were those cut? Show 2 diff characters meaning alot is missing.
We had to have the Batman backstory. Yet again. Like any of us didn't know his fucking backstory.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:16 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
We had to have the Batman backstory. Yet again. Like any of us didn't know his fucking backstory.
I really wish someone would go into how Batman became Batman. Seems like it would be an interesting tale that has never been told 100 times. I also wonder if Batman goes to his parents house for Christmas or do they come to his house.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:01 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I really wish someone would go into how Batman became Batman. Seems like it would be an interesting tale that has never been told 100 times. I also wonder if Batman goes to his parents house for Christmas or do they come to his house.
If I recall he interrupts other people's holidays cause his parents are dead
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:30 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
If I recall he interrupts other people's holidays cause his parents are dead
MARTHA!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 119 of 126
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123 > Last »
Up