ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Share your SB IV era memorabilia here
cdcox 12:24 AM 01-24-2020
The big license plate is from 1970, obviously. Not sure of the date of the small one.
Attached: 604CC0B4-E488-48CF-A947-9DCBFE9B9EE6.jpg (46.1 KB) 
[Reply]
C-Mac 08:56 PM 01-25-2020
My Dad purchased this for me from the Chiefs just a few weeks after the Super Bowl in 1970. It’s filled with lots color pictures from every game played that championship year. Cover had the 1 cutout showing Stram pic through it.
I was 8 at the time. I got it autographed by Emmit Thomas later that spring.
Attached: 6B81303F-BF39-4E9E-BE0E-88055F746E29.jpg (99.2 KB) F8659FA6-991D-4201-A8D4-B4F66261D8F9.jpg (61.9 KB) 16DC3A4B-ABED-4994-968F-6417B6884CAB.jpg (90.5 KB) 60AEE9F9-7183-4D33-9034-E36C58BE1E8E.jpg (58.1 KB) 3A736940-9E87-4F4D-ABBD-65D6A5DA87D0.jpg (84.6 KB) 
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:15 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
My kids laugh at me when I tell them that I used to be the remote and that I had to repeatedly switch through the 3 channels we got until my dad saw something he wanted to watch and then had to adjust the outdoor antenna until it came in clearer. The struggle was most definitely real.
Ditto x 10000000
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 09:18 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Coyote:
A signed AFL display football (white panels to sign on plus 1 AFL league original style panel) by the whole team. It looks like they used a old Bic pen and somebody wrote “1970 World Champions” on the first white panel. Only thrown a couple of times when I got it as a kid. My Dad hid it from me after that and saved it for me.

I keep it in its own ball display in my bar along with other signed and game footballs but it is by far the most important sports piece I have.
I have seen one of these many times as a kid.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:43 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Steve, what's the jacket from? Was that issued as part of SBIV?

Fine piece of material.
Maybe. It's one of the original Redcoats.(there is one just like it on display @ the stadium) It was passed down to me by a sweet woman that my mom was friends/worked for with 35 yrs @ IBM down on 14th & Baltimore. She knew me my whole life. It belonged to her husband, an original Redcoater.

They have both since passed, but I know they would be thrilled that we are in the SB!! Most likely going to wear it for them on game day.

I was shocked and bawled when I received it.. It's in pristine condition.

Thanks for asking .
[Reply]
cdcox 11:11 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Maybe. It's one of the original Redcoats.(there is one just like it on display @ the stadium) It was passed down to me by a sweet woman that my mom was friends/worked for with 35 yrs @ IBM down on 14th & Baltimore. She knew me my whole life. It belonged to her husband, an original Redcoater.

They have both since passed, but I know they would be thrilled that we are in the SB!! Most likely going to wear it for them on game day.

Thanks for asking .
My dad worked there from 1970 to 1987. There is a very good chance my dad knew your mom’s friend. I think he also for a stretch from the late 50s through the mid 60s. We were in Endicott NY in between, including the SB.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:16 PM 01-25-2020

Thanks for asking .
I thought that’s what is was. That’s really beautiful. Add the sentimental value, and it’s nothing short of priceless.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:44 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
I thought that’s what is was. That’s really beautiful. Add the sentimental value, and it’s nothing short of priceless.
Amen!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:56 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Mine was early 80’s and it was also the first tv with a remote control. Millennials will never know the struggle of manually changing the channel and then having to hold that antenna like a statue because when you moved 2 inches away from the tv the signal would mysteriously go away.
and for most of us only having 3 channels to choose from as well especially if you lived out in the country. If you lived in town then cable was at its infancy and you had 13 channels WOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:02 AM 01-26-2020
I have the license plate and a copy of the Kansas City Star for SBIV.

.......and this:
Classy !!! Interesting that the Arrowhead on the jacket points to the left as you look at it from the front. I wonder when the direction of the Arrowhead changed?
[Reply]
Nzoner 06:36 AM 01-26-2020
Speaking of 3 channels did anyone else ever nod off in front of the tube only to be awoken by the National Anthem playing before the station went off air at midnight?
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:08 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Speaking of 3 channels did anyone else ever nod off in front of the tube only to be awoken by the National Anthem playing before the station went off air at midnight?
How about waking up with the "test pattern" on the screen?:-)
[Reply]
Nzoner 07:11 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
That too
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:20 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Yip
[Reply]
Coyote 07:31 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
I have seen one of these many times as a kid.
Yeah I wondered how many and what they were originally for -besides gifts to guys. I had it reviewed several years ago and that guy said they were gifts and donated several as giveaways for charities and Boy Scout Troops. Who knows?
[Reply]
Coyote 07:48 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
My kids laugh at me when I tell them that I used to be the remote and that I had to repeatedly switch through the 3 channels we got until my dad saw something he wanted to watch and then had to adjust the outdoor antenna until it came in clearer. The struggle was most definitely real.
My Dad was a gadget guy so first color tv, first remote garage. door, etc. With the TV, all the neighbors came over to see it. Then I think Disney’s show was a color broadcast and I just remembered we neighbor kids got that hour.

Of course a gadget guy, had to then have a rotary antenna rotator. My job during adjustments-a continual process- was to confirm switch directional position. It couldn’t be mere cardinal headings but precise azimuths.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up