ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 23
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
Dante84 07:20 PM 04-26-2024
More to come!

Man!!!! I love Andy Reid. The @Chiefs and Andy Reid are offensive line savants. Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. I think he he can be awesome guard or tackle. Just needs a little technique work. He is an aggressive killer who is great athlete.

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia is a versatile offensive tackle who split his 1,300 career snaps at BYU almost exactly down the middle between left and right tackle.

My favorite line from Dane Brugler's draft guide: "He delivers more pancakes than Denny's" ��

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia since 2022:

701 pass-blocking snaps
24 QB pressures allowed
2 sacks allowed

�� pic.twitter.com/HeiIwC2jKl

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2024

.@Chiefs @BYUfootball #KingsleySuamataia lots to like; lots to work with. #GoCougs have been turning out OLineman over past 4 years. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/4yDc6HYI6i

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Sumataia | OT | BYU

Traitsy OT w/ great size+athleticism+strengt. Easy range in the run game to pull or climb to landmarks or hit set points in slide. Patient hand usage to stay square and trust his lateral agility. Pad level & overall technique should develop in NFL. pic.twitter.com/p9zOJEuMkr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 26, 2024

The @Chiefs just selected Kingsley Suamataia, who is 6'5" and 326 lbs and can do this ⬇️

��: #NFLDraft on NFL Network/ESPN2/ABC
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/fUOTn55Ba0

— NFL (@NFL) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:39 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think that was just his learning disability.

I kinda felt bad for him. I wouldn’t have subjected him to reading something publicly with millions watching.
Yeah, that was unsettling. He could hardly speak.

He was clearly nervous, and that doesn’t help. He was a part of the foundation that built us. I will never have anything but love for him.
[Reply]
Special_K 11:02 PM 04-26-2024
The part where his voice cracks 😢. Can’t wait to get this kid in training camp:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6P8V...c0cWk2azJ5d29r
[Reply]
Smed1065 11:10 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
ANDY LOVES HIS BYU GUYS
I like the pick. Figured he would be gone tho.
[Reply]
Smed1065 11:13 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
Have we found this girl yet? Gosh I love her
Have to ask your mom... CP :-)rules not mine.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 11:26 PM 04-26-2024
Geez, some of the late night crowd are a...sensitive bunch. Let's right the ship with more linkage and some positive vibes. ✌🏻

From Suamataia's local beat writer...

Who is Kingsley Suamataia? Here's a piece I wrote on the BYU left tackle after a lengthy chat with him last week:https://t.co/RtZ5wGXQeT

— Jay Drew (@drewjay) April 27, 2024

Bold NFL prediction in third grade about to come true for BYU’s Kingsley Suamataia

Spoiler!

Analysis: Andy Reid returns to his BYU roots to trade up for Cougars left tackle Kingsley Suamataia

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Katie 11:43 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Azide22:
I assume we had to move up one slot with SF to get him because they were taking him?
Why would they trade with us if we wanted their guy ?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:06 AM 04-27-2024
What is it about Samoans anyway? Always massive, super strong, and a lot quicker than you'd ever believe considering their size. Must be something about eating billions of cans of SPAM and thousands of pineapples and coconuts.

Seriously though, hoping all the best for this kid. Lot of potential here.
[Reply]
el borracho 12:13 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
The 49ers traded us their pick so we could use their pick to draft the player they wanted to draft ??? Wtf am I missing here ….?
I would speculate that teams were calling either the 9ers or the Chiefs or both about trading up for Kingsley.
[Reply]
scho63 12:14 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
What is it about Samoans anyway?
All Soamoans and Greeks I know or meet are naturally strong as hell.

Asians on the other hand, not so much. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:21 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Agreed. But the whole concept is dumb. Anyone really GAF about past players announcing picks? The Make a Wish kid was cool. And I guess you can let the WP man of the year get some pub but otherwise just have a league official announce the damn pick.

Seeing Barry Sanders come out of the tunnel was pretty cool. if that didn't bring a smile to your face you aren't a football fan.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:25 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Fuck yes!!! A+ draft.
I agree. It almost feels like fan service. For me, anyway.

Does this guy have a nickname, or do his friends call him King? Like, I feel weird typing and saying Kingsley, and I can say or spell his last name.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:30 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Dane Brugler and Nate Tice said they'd have been fine if we took Kingsley at 32. Said he'll be a project the first year or two.
In the perfect 3 round thread, I said I would give up some first rounders for Joe Alt, but I would take Kingsley Suamataia at 32.

I feel like he is a future star.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:31 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Otter:
...... unless you're Brittany, Bitch.
FYP
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:31 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
All Soamoans and Greeks I know or meet are naturally strong as hell.

Asians on the other hand, not so much. :-)

Lol, eff you, ya bastage. I'm working on it.:-)

Met a couple Samoans in college; one of them told me he was the runt of the family; he was 6' 7" and 365 lbs., lol. He said his little sister was taller than he was, wtf????
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:33 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Also gives you the option to move Wanye to guard if Kingsley wins that left tackle job. Morris is a freaking mauler.
Or Morris is actually a RT
[Reply]
Page 12 of 23
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up