ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 248 of 3903
« First < 148198238244245246247248 2492502512522582983487481248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 02:26 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
sure people die in ICU’s. Your in an ICU. Something bad is happening health wise with you. I was just saying that if your already on a vent, the COPD wouldn’t be the cause to lose the step-dad post op. Sorry for any confusion.
"no worries about the coronavirus. Im assuming he’s already on a vent. It’s going to be no different for a patient with COPD post surgery that gets a new bug like pneumonia. They are already on a vent."

I'm not trying to belabor, but you make some posts that are not medically correct.
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:27 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Ostrich Festival cancelled.

The organisers should have seen this coming, damnit. With all the stuff in the news these days these guys must have had their heads buried in the - oh, wait. Nevermind.
[Reply]
ghak99 02:29 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Now people are hoarding dog and cat food. I guess that's better than shitter paper.
At least they'll taste better if they're well fed.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:30 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
And the antibiotics used cause thousands of people to die every year?
35,000 people die a year due to antibiotics resistance. How much of that is from livestock is difficult to study
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:31 PM 03-14-2020
The French just surrendered (again)...

(CNN)French Prime Minister Édouard Philippe announced on Saturday that his country will increase social distancing to combat the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

In a televised press conference, Philippe said that starting at midnight Saturday, all places that are not essential to French living, including restaurants, cafes, cinemas and clubs, will be closed.

The closure order includes all businesses except those that are essential.
"Markets and food shops, pharmacies, gas stations, banks, newspaper and tobacco stores will remain open," Philippe said. "Places of worships will remain open, but religious ceremonies and gatherings will be postponed."

:-)
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:35 PM 03-14-2020

FRANCE NOW AT EPIDEMIC LEVEL. All restaurants, cafés, non-essential services closed. MORE THAN 50% OF THE 300 #COVIDー19 CASES IN FRENCH ICUs ARE PEOPLE UNDER 60; France now has 4,500 cases, which doubled in the past 72 hours, said Jérôme Salomon, head of French health service.

— Rachel Donadio (@RachelDonadio) March 14, 2020

[Reply]
Donger 02:37 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
35,000 people die a year due to antibiotics resistance. How much of that is from livestock is difficult to study
Okay, but I'm trying to understand this. So the animals that have been given the antibiotics kill people who consume the animals them how? The animal meat contains lethal bacteria that comes from antibiotics? Or, the animals become resistant to the antibiotics because of over-usage?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:37 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
No need to be concerned though, that’s what they say at least!

:-)

This is about to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:37 PM 03-14-2020
And the antibiotics used cause thousands of people to die every year?
The resistance patterns that have emerged as a result of overuse do, especially given that around 35k people die from MDR bugs every year, and not all of those are merely hospital- related.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:38 PM 03-14-2020
Buddy of mine that owns a LGS texted me yesterday to tell me that the nutters bought all of his 9mm and .223 ammo yesterday in four hours.

Are some of you people running down the TEOWAWKI rabbit hole?
[Reply]
Donger 02:39 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The resistance patterns that have emerged as a result of overuse do, especially given that around 35k people die from MDR bugs every year, and not all of those are merely hospital- related.
Thanks. And would cooking the meat to the correct temperature kill the bacteria?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:40 PM 03-14-2020
Okay, but I'm trying to understand this. So the animals that have been given the antibiotics kill people who consume the animals them how? The animal meat contains lethal bacteria that comes from antibiotics? Or, the animals become resistant to the antibiotics because of over-usage?
Effluent contains resistant bugs, the meat contains resistant bugs, the farmers themselves are found to harbor resistant bugs, and so on.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:40 PM 03-14-2020
Thanks. And would cooking the meat to the correct temperature kill the bacteria?
Sure, if that was all it impacted (looking at you, leafy greens).
[Reply]
Donger 02:42 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Sure, if that was all it impacted (looking at you, leafy greens).
Well, we were discussing meat, specifically bushmeat.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:44 PM 03-14-2020
There's a few different reasons. One is that resistant bacteria are consumed in the animal meat, or introduced on plants that are fecally contaminated.
[Reply]
Page 248 of 3903
« First < 148198238244245246247248 2492502512522582983487481248 > Last »
Up