ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 126
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:25 PM 04-02-2016
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah him saying that literally makes no sense unless he knew Bruce Waynes mom's name was Martha also and that Batman would have a change of heart when he heard that.
Yeah, I understand he had an alter-ego to protect but in that moment there's no way he would have been calling his mother by her first name.

If they absolutely had to roll with the 'Batman relenting just as he's about to off Superman' scene, they'd have been better served showing Superman's extreme desperation while saying something like "They've got my mother!". I could have bought that.
[Reply]
Toby Waller 03:40 PM 04-02-2016
I didnt hear what Batman said to superman when they were all standing next to each other before they went at the mutant
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:51 PM 04-02-2016
Originally Posted by Guru:
what cracked me up is that supes says "must save Martha" instead of "must save mom". Seriously?

When he was beating the shit out of Zod he said something like " you think you can threaten MY MOTHER?"
Really what difference if his mother "Martha" gets killed? I mean his dad (Kevin Costner) shows up in the mountains and has a "talk" with Supes so it's not like he is dead from Man of Steel.

Really I hated that scene with Supes dad showing up on the mountain tops like wtf is going on? What point did he have in the story? What reason other than just to have Keven Costner make an appearance? I thought it just made the movie drag along when all you want to see is the fight between Batman and Superman. I would have bought it if it was his Krypton dad because we have seen his ghost before but this is just getting out of hand just to bring back a dead character for the name of Keven Costner.

I thought that scene totally just wasted time as a filler that wasn't necessary at all for a long movie as it was.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:32 PM 04-02-2016
Saw it a 2nd time ..liked it alot more. Def some bad in the movie but good too. Lex bugs me still but it is what it is....hoping the DC ties up many loose ends that the avg audience would need
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:04 PM 04-02-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Saw it a 2nd time ..liked it alot more. Def some bad in the movie but good too. Lex bugs me still but it is what it is....hoping the DC ties up many loose ends that the avg audience would need
The only way I think they can justify this Lex is if they have a character development phase in the next one where he comes out of jail (breaks out) as the more profound Lex that we know. Bold and brutal but hungry for power and money. That's what bothers me about this Lex they have him as criminally insane but Lex Lurthor is only a greedy son of a bitch that walks over anyone for property rights on beach fronts. Superman just gets in his way of "owning" the world.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:36 PM 04-02-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
The only way I think they can justify this Lex is if they have a character development phase in the next one where he comes out of jail (breaks out) as the more profound Lex that we know. Bold and brutal but hungry for power and money. That's what bothers me about this Lex they have him as criminally insane but Lex Lurthor is only a greedy son of a bitch that walks over anyone for property rights on beach fronts. Superman just gets in his way of "owning" the world.
Agree fully.. Made him too cooky and more jokerish than anything. But I keep having to remember he isn't the real lex and his son
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:20 AM 04-04-2016
68% drop in its second weekend
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:33 AM 04-04-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Still the top movie haul but damn...no competition really either.
[Reply]
Amnorix 06:46 AM 04-04-2016
So, yeah, B v S.

Overall, not bad. Dragged on interminably in parts. Seemed very choppy at times. Tried to do too much. Some things were a bit ridiculous/stupid, but whatever.

I will say that I was surprised to find myself perfectly happy with Ben Affleck's portrayal of Batman. I had little hope for that, but had no problems at all with him. The stuff that annoyed me more was what the writers had him do, rather than his acting.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:24 AM 04-04-2016
Ouch. Now that will get Warner Bros. attention.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:36 AM 04-04-2016
So what you're saying is that if I decide to go see this I'll have my choice of seats.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:48 PM 04-04-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
So what you're saying is that if I decide to go see this I'll have my choice of seats.
I think this is being overblown...other popular movies have had huge dropoffs the 2nd week. That said yes you will likely be fine if u get there a bit before Showtime. I'll probably go 1 more time since I have movie cash to use
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:51 PM 04-04-2016
They've got an update. It was a 69% drop.

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros.’ Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice is finishing lower than its $52.4M weekend estimate yesterday, now at $51.8M. That 69% drop ties with Fox’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine as one of the steepest second-weekend drops for a superhero film ever. BvS weathered a post-Easter frame in which fans failed to return in droves. And there was nothing holding them back since the other majors didn’t trot out new wide entries.

Compare BvS’ drop with those of other prized superhero titles: The Avengers: Age Of Ultron (-59%), The Dark Knight (-52%), Sony’s Amazing Spider-Man 2 (-61%). The latter caused Sony to go back to the drawing board in an effort to reboot Marvel’s Spidey for a third time...
http://deadline.com/2016/04/batman-v...-2-1201729796/

Warner Brothers is going to have to do a lot better moving forward, or their shared universe hopes are going to go down the shitter.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:17 PM 04-04-2016
They've got an update. It was a 69% drop.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/batman-v...-2-1201729796/

Warner Brothers is going to have to do a lot better moving forward, or their shared universe hopes are going to go down the shitter.
Not necessarily. As I mentioned earlier, they need to get to $800 million to break even, which is likely. Once merch, On Demand and DVD/Blu Ray sales are factored in, they'll earn a profit.

I doubt they spend as much money marketing the Justice League Part 1 as they've now established a presence in the marketplace.

Suicide Squad should do well for them, too, plus further the DC universe.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:24 PM 04-04-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Not necessarily. As I mentioned earlier, they need to get to $800 million to break even, which is likely. Once merch, On Demand and DVD/Blu Ray sales are factored in, they'll earn a profit.

I doubt they spend as much money marketing the Justice League Part 1 as they've now established a presence in the marketplace.

Suicide Squad should do well for them, too, plus further the DC universe.
WB is going to make money, and its obvious that people want to see these characters on the big screen together.

I think there is going to be a 'course correction' in tone though. Audiences do not appear to be enjoying or responding well to Snyders tone.
[Reply]
Page 111 of 126
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121 > Last »
Up