Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>65” LG OLED Under $1800
Skyy God 05:58 PM 02-27-2019
Knew there was a reason I waited.

https://kinjadeals.theinventory.com/...yq_GPi1mAnmb4c
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:41 PM 03-01-2019
I wish Micro LEDs weren't as far away. I want to build a dedicated home theater, but want something over 75", and the 77" OLEDs are 3x what the 65s are, with the concerns over set life and degradation.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:46 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I wish Micro LEDs weren't as far away. I want to build a dedicated home theater, but want something over 75", and the 77" OLEDs are 3x what the 65s are, with the concerns over set life and degradation.
You don't want (or can't use) a projector? I suppose there's drawbacks there as well.

How big do you want?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:26 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You don't want (or can't use) a projector? I suppose there's drawbacks there as well.

How big do you want?
Ideally 80+ inches. I would like more of an immersive experience in a substantial, dedicated room. Don't want to deal with replacing projector bulbs.

I'm a relatively simple man with simple tastes. I don't care much about the car I drive, and I refuse to buy any clothing at full retail price. I want a nice set of golf clubs and a great home theater.

I've got most of the gear picked out. My fronts are more than good enough. I'm going to use a Denon X6500H to run a full Atmos set-up. The current subs I have are good, but I may replace the Mirage with another Hsu. I'll likely get in-ceiling and in-wall speakers for the surrounds and height speakers.
[Reply]
Miles 12:13 AM 03-02-2019
I’ll support you Hamas since it’s the same thing I want. 80+ at remotely reasonable cost is just not here yet. But think we’re also asking for same thing of actually doing legit HDR brightness which still few TVs can do and no major screen flaws.

I have the 55 OLED as a bedroom TV and it’s rediculois. Can’t reccomend these enough.
[Reply]
Talisman 08:28 AM 03-04-2019
I've had my 65" LG OLED for a year and absolutely love it. The picture still blows me away and I geek out over it going completely pitch black. It's a bummer the larger screen sizes are still so expensive. I mounted mine to a bracket that can extend two feet out from the wall, so when I want a bigger screen, I just pull it out. Too lazy to do the math on what size that ends up making the TV seem like.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:48 AM 03-04-2019
If you prefer Samsung their QLED 65 inch is on sale at Costco for 1850 the next month.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:41 AM 03-05-2019
I bought the 80 inch Vizio from Costco around Christmas for around $1800. About half the reviews I found on it were favorable to the QLED. It has been great, not OLED great, but very good. The regular HD on it is better than my Vizio M55, the upscaling works. The 4k dvd’s are spectacular on it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:31 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
I bought the 80 inch Vizio from Costco around Christmas for around $1800. About half the reviews I found on it were favorable to the QLED. It has been great, not OLED great, but very good. The regular HD on it is better than my Vizio M55, the upscaling works. The 4k dvd’s are spectacular on it.
I have a 70" Vizio. It's certainly not in the same tier as some of the more expensive sets when it comes to things like color depth. It's pretty average for movies and TV. It's a little better for sports.

But I'm a gamer and the input lag on the dedicated gaming HDMI ports is the best out there and after going through rtings.com on it, I can't be happier with my purchase.
[Reply]
sedated 02:16 PM 03-14-2019
Huh, I gave myself some time to think this over but looks like the price went back up. $1600 for 55" and $2600 for 65"

I thought that was the new price, not a sale. That's too bad.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:36 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
Huh, I gave myself some time to think this over but looks like the price went back up. $1600 for 55" and $2600 for 65"

I thought that was the new price, not a sale. That's too bad.
There's a 65 inch OLED for 1700:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up