ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 57
« First < 5455152535455 5657 >
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Miles 02:09 AM 07-27-2019
I thought it was fine and entertaining enough. Did like the various test pilot references of Edwards Air force Base. Looking at The Right Stuff at Blockbuster and the bar called Panchos but probably missed some others.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:10 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
It’s a really solid movie with a great subtext.

I hope Larson grows more into the role, though.
It would have been great with better casting of Captain Marvel.
[Reply]
banecat 06:15 AM 07-27-2019
I finally watched it. It was a lot better than I thought that it was going to be
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:53 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
It would have been great with better casting of Captain Marvel.
I think so.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:13 PM 07-27-2019
Rented this last night and thought it was a jumbled piece of crap

Probably not a popular opinion, but that’s exactly what I thought of it
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:25 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Rented this last night and thought it was a jumbled piece of crap

Probably not a popular opinion, but that’s exactly what I thought of it
I just watched it (again) a few days ago myself and thought better of it the second time around... what seemed jumbled to you?
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:33 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
I just watched it (again) a few days ago myself and thought better of it the second time around... what seemed jumbled to you?
Pretty much everything, but in fairness I was a little distracted with some friends coming and going at my place

Have it for 2 nights, so might give it another shot later and see if I like it any better the second time around
[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:41 PM 07-27-2019
Have tried to watch it three times, fell asleep every time. I just can't relate to the character. Where is the fall from grace and redemption? Like SuperMan, no real weakness and is just perfect. Shazam was more entertaining...
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:17 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Have tried to watch it three times, fell asleep every time. I just can't relate to the character. Where is the fall from grace and redemption? Like SuperMan, no real weakness and is just perfect. Shazam was more entertaining...
One thing I really didn’t like, was the pointy eared green villain with his little chin goatee lol... he looks like some low budget scy-fy channel character
[Reply]
Bowser 02:20 PM 07-27-2019
I didn't like how they made the Skrulls the sympathetic character(s) in this movie. That lot is as big of bad guys as Marvel has to offer.

It wasn't awful, but it's not in the top 10 of MCU movies.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:42 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I didn't like how they made the Skrulls the sympathetic character(s) in this movie. That lot is as big of bad guys as Marvel has to offer.

It wasn't awful, but it's not in the top 10 of MCU movies.
Which is why I don’t get it being roundly hailed as this TRIUMPH of excellence

It’s subpar among comic book movies IMO
[Reply]
vailpass 03:15 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Which is why I don’t get it being roundly hailed as this TRIUMPH of excellence

It’s subpar among comic book movies IMO
You know why.
Think ‘Black Panther’.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:04 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
You know why.
Think ‘Black Panther’.
I hear you, though in fairness BP was a much better movie IMO
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:14 PM 07-27-2019
I'm not sure anybody has hailed it as a triumph of excellence, but if they did it's probably them overreacting after the vitriolic backlash the movie got from the misogynists and incels online long before anyone could possibly have seen it.

As far as top 10 mcu, that's a damn high bar to set after 20 years. They've put out a lot of really good movies featuring a lot of characters most of us are way more connected to than captain marvel, movies that only seem better in retrospect thanks to nostalgia.

And I think a few of us are prone to react negatively to Captain Marvel exactly because of the social push behind it. I mean, I can't speak for everyone, but I don't particularly like being told how to think or what I'm going to like. And on top of that, leading up to the movie, Brie Larson was pretty unlikable in interviews. So I was kind of predisposed to not like it, if I'm being honest.

And then there's the way we talk about Brie Larson in a physical sense. Her tits aren't big enough and her ass is flat seemed to be the top opinions, and somebody else should get the job because she's not hot enough. Which was almost word for word what was said about a certain Wonder Woman actress a few years ago.

So maybe we're not exactly a collection of guys who were ever going to give this movie high marks.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:21 PM 07-27-2019
If you haven’t looked up Brie Larsons leaked nudes, do it. She’s hot as hell man. I think I posted them in this thread.

Her tits are amazing.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 57
« First < 5455152535455 5657 >
Up