ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 46
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Glazer: Chiefs expect Mahomes to play in AFCCG
pugsnotdrugs19 09:10 PM 01-17-2021
Just now on FOX postgame.

Said the reason he was real woozy getting up was they thought he got choked out to some extent by the LB..

But sounded very confident he was going to be good for this week. Also said Mahomes was trying to go back into the game today.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:40 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
"Lamar, at what venue are we today?"

"What's a ven-you?"

Yes I have Venmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:42 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Terrible? He had one bad throw.
He led us to 3 points in 1.5 quarters. And those 3 points came at the tail end of a drive he started at the 48 (when Patrick went down) and we gained an additional 32 rushing yards to set us up in field goal range.

He made a couple all-time plays to seal the win, but he's not good. Plus, that throw was REALLY bad. Like, one of the worst you'll see.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:46 PM 01-19-2021
5. Did your team win the last game?

Patrick probably said yes. He hadn’t even thought about that Chargers game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:46 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He led us to 3 points in 1.5 quarters. And those 3 points came at the tail end of a drive he started at the 48 (when Patrick went down) and we gained an additional 32 rushing yards to set us up in field goal range.

He made a couple all-time plays to seal the win, but he's not good. Plus, that throw was REALLY bad. Like, one of the worst you'll see.
Dude, you're forgetting the surgical pass he dropped in to Reek and then the crisp pass to Kelce on the drive right before the INT.

He ended up with 66 yards on just 6 completions and the .2 YPA less than Mahomes.

He did just fine.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:46 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

He was 6-8 for 68 yards (75% completion) and an INT.

Yea the INT was not good but he didn't play bad otherwise.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:48 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

I've love to know more about what happened on the INT. It seems pretty clear to me that they told him to take a chance and chuck it. I just can't otherwise believe that Chad Henne of all people would come out and refuse to do anything but chuck it deep without otherwise being prompted to do it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:49 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, you're forgetting the surgical pass he dropped in to Reek and then the crisp pass to Kelce on the drive right before the INT.

He ended up with 66 yards on just 6 completions and the .2 YPA less than Mahomes.

He did just fine.
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

That required a circus catch from Tyreek.

He wasn't horrible in spot duty (which is what you hope for from a backup QB) but he is not good. The truth is, without Mahomes, our offense loses half its teeth.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:49 PM 01-19-2021
Yea I have no clue what game Virus was watching.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:51 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I've love to know more about what happened on the INT. It seems pretty clear to me that they told him to take a chance and chuck it. I just can't otherwise believe that Chad Henne of all people would come out and refuse to do anything but chuck it deep without otherwise being prompted to do it.
In his press conference just after the game, Andy said that the interception "is on him". He said he shouldn't have called that play and it was his fault for the turnover.

Henne was 23 of 32 for 217 yards and 2 TD's against the Chargers and that was without Hill, Kelce, Darrel Williams and CEH (or the starting offensive line).

Henne can win a game or two for the Chiefs, as long as Andy gameplans for him instead of Mahomes all week.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:51 PM 01-19-2021
Here's a thing that works in Henne's favor:

The Bills in the first game sold out to stop Mahomes and got pounded by the running game.

You'd have to assume they'd do almost a 180 and sell out to stop the short stuff and the running game and force Henne to beat them.

With Hardman and Hill and Kelce out there catching passes, that actually might be possible. It only takes one missed tackle for Hill or Hardman to go the distance.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:52 PM 01-19-2021
Reid took blame after the game but yea it would be interesting to see if someone ran the wrong route or what.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:52 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
In his press conference just after the game, Andy said that the interception "is on him". He said he shouldn't have called that play and it was his fault for the turnover.

Henne was 23 of 32 for 217 yards and 2 TD's against the Chargers and that was without Hill and Kelce (or the starting offensive line).

Henne can win a game or two for the Chiefs, as long as Andy gameplans for him instead of Mahomes all week.
Yep.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:53 PM 01-19-2021
Someone (can't remember now if it was in the post-game presser or in a titter thing) basically said that Henne was told, "throw it deep," on that play. So he did.

What I didn't like was that it was into double coverage. And way long, but whatever. Th decision to throw it into double coverage was what bothered me about the play. Throw it deep, fine. But at least throw it away from double coverage.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 04:53 PM 01-19-2021
Real. Comfortable. Jeans.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:55 PM 01-19-2021
Wasn't that INT targeting D Rob, too? lol I can't remember for sure. That was a real head scratcher.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 46
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up