ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 46
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Glazer: Chiefs expect Mahomes to play in AFCCG
pugsnotdrugs19 09:10 PM 01-17-2021
Just now on FOX postgame.

Said the reason he was real woozy getting up was they thought he got choked out to some extent by the LB..

But sounded very confident he was going to be good for this week. Also said Mahomes was trying to go back into the game today.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:25 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Also, why does everyone assume it's fucking turf toe?
Because they were looking at the toe joint and the bottom of his foot, both generally good indications that he strained the ligaments in his big toe joint - aka, turf toe.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:26 PM 01-19-2021
2020-2021 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS *
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:27 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I'm glad it was his left toe and not his plant toe.
He did seem to be off in his accuracy when throwing the ball while running. Usually he is on target.
[Reply]
Pants 03:27 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He did seem to be off in his accuracy when throwing the ball while running. Usually he is on target.
:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:28 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
*2020-2021 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS *
Fixed your post as per Bills fan.
[Reply]
JolieMolie 03:30 PM 01-19-2021
Yes, he's the best quarterback I've ever seen, but does anyone else think the Chiefs could still win over Buffalo if the unthinkable happened and Patrick had to sit out? Hopefully, he'll be able to go though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:30 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Fixed your post as per Bills fan.
I already had an asterisk in there. The tiny one on the right. :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:30 PM 01-19-2021
https://theathletic.com/news/patrick...l/xO7Wg3qKgGLS

Patrick Mahomes expected to practice Wednesday, still in protocol: ESPN report

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes is expected to practice on Wednesday, ESPN reported Monday, creating "hope and optimism" about his availability for Sunday's AFC Championship Game against the Bills.

According to the report, Mahomes cleared "some big steps" on Monday but remains in concussion protocol, and it is "too early to say that he definitely will play" against Buffalo.

This is a developing story. More to come.

[Reply]
sedated 03:30 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
:-)
I'm pretty sure his first throw after it was apparent he was hurt got nowhere close to where intended. But he did look better after that.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:31 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by JolieMolie:
Yes, he's the best quarterback I've ever seen, but does anyone else think the Chiefs could still win over Buffalo if the unthinkable happened and Patrick had to sit out? Hopefully, he'll be able to go though.
Could they? sure but it would be a long shot at best
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:36 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Could they? sure but it would be a long shot at best
I don't think it's a longshot at all.

Buffalo's offense is basically two men: Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs. They don't have a running game and their defense is nothing special, whatsoever.

Cover Diggs with Sneed with an over-the-top safety, then force Allen to beat the defense on his own. They could only score 17 with their best players against the Chiefs, while the Chiefs were missing several players, including Sneed while Breeland was getting his mojo back after missing the initial 4 games of the season.

With a week's worth of practice, I think Henne can put up enough points to win. It might not be pretty but a win is a win.
[Reply]
HayWire 03:36 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
https://theathletic.com/news/patrick...l/xO7Wg3qKgGLS

Patrick Mahomes expected to practice Wednesday, still in protocol: ESPN report

That picture makes me sick to my stomach.
[Reply]
Pants 03:37 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
I'm pretty sure his first throw after it was apparent he was hurt got nowhere close to where intended. But he did look better after that.
Exactly. He threw a couple to the left that were short of target but that was about it. I don't even think he was on the run when that happened.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:38 PM 01-19-2021

Based on everything I’ve heard, yes, Patrick Mahomes is expected to practice in some capacity tomorrow, per sources. It could be individual work as the he continues the process within the concussion protocol (@AdamSchefter 1st).

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) January 19, 2021

[Reply]
dirk digler 03:46 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't think it's a longshot at all.

Buffalo's offense is basically two men: Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs. They don't have a running game and their defense is nothing special, whatsoever.

Cover Diggs with Sneed with an over-the-top safety, then force Allen to beat the defense on his own. They could only score 17 with their best players against the Chiefs, while the Chiefs were missing several players, including Sneed while Breeland was getting his mojo back after missing the initial 4 games of the season.

With a week's worth of practice, I think Henne can put up enough points to win. It might not be pretty but a win is a win.
I just don't think Henne could lead this offense to score enough and he would probably throw a couple of picks as well.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 46
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up